From: Richard....@Juno.Com (Richard Carl Silk)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Subject: 2024/03/02 Saturday: Dogs & Cats...
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2024 16:49:49 -0600
 by: Richard Carl Silk - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 22:49 UTC

So this year was a leap year, and although I was wanting to post on 2/29, for
some reason it just lacked importance, plus since Sandy$ has pretty much left
behind "alt.dreams" as a result of Google's abandonment of free speech (due to
the loss of free speech in Europe) I'm pretty much just as I was before she
showed up, "writing for myself" mostly. But journaling is journaling,
regardless of who is around to read it.

At any rate, this morning (Saturday, around dawn) I let the dog out for a few
moments, then when she came back in, I laid down on the couch (which during the
day, is preferable to the bed for some reason.) So what follows all occurred
between dawn and 9 A.M. (when I got up again, to "start the day" as it were):

cooler in store aisle:
Sorry, evaporated. (Writing all this up on Sunday afternoon.) Clarity:
forgotten entirely. When I saw this title here in the unsent message, I
thought, "What was *that* about???"

dog/cat fight:
The two characters / elements observed in the dream involved:
1) a dog similar to my Ginger, a type of hunting terrier with a ginger-red coat,
white blaze on forehead, white socks on paws, and white tipped tail, although
that description is from "IRL" when in the dream it was simply a dog that looked
like Ginger, and
2) a muffy-looking cat, although it *could* have been a muffy-looking dog and a
generic, short-haired (tom?) cat.
The "muffy-looking" was a light ("tawny?") brown color, with a
golden-doodle-like texture (a bit like a dust mop, which is probably why so many
(lazy) pet owners like having them in their homes. I *really can't tell* at
this point if it was the dog *or* the cat, but to continue....

The two critters were "mock-fighting," perhaps actually fighting but slowed down
enough that it appeared more like the blocking of an action sequence: move
here, move there, do this, do that, step at a time, like rehearsal / practice,
*prior* to real-time, full-speed action.

There was at least one, possibly two instances where I thought one or the other
was going to really sink some teeth (or fangs, or claws) into the other, but it
remained a slow-paced event, and they eventually broke up in some manner (or the
dream ended, take your pick.) Clarity 8-

unusual (2-story) building:
The dreamer was inside a fairly large room, and noticed a single, square tile
(about 18"x18"? 2'x2' max) missing from the ceiling, and somehow managed to
poke (his? / "my") head through it, so as to peer into a room of the floor
"above" where the dreamer's body was located.

There was a guy seated behind a desk, a bit like a middle management type, or
*possibly* a low-to-moderate-level broker of some type. (I have a *hunch* as to
two possible real-like individuals it *may* have represented, but at this point,
it's of no importance that I can think of. Yet.)

He gave a sentence of recognition to the dreamer (whose head was poking up from
the floor below) and mentioned something that directed the dreamer's attention
to the opposite direction, which brought into view something akin to a *rather*
large-screen TV on a wall, although the screen was blank, so I'm *wondering* if
the guy may have been drawing the dreamer's attention to a technical issue.

Either way, I *think* I *may* know what that segment was about, but again, "100%
certainty" is "only a possibility" at this point. Clarity 9-.

curious traffic problem / solution:
Mostly evaporated, but from what I can recall, the dreamer was driving a
vehicle, either with or without a passenger (or passengers) and the thing about
the dream is how the dreamer drove in non-standard traffic patterns. Like, to
get from point A to point B, rather than go along route C, the dreamer may have
gone *across* lanes of traffic, and/or non-roadway property, and even driven
*against* traffic at one point.

Still, there were no collisions, no accidents, and the destination was reached
(*otherwise* without incident.) Clarity 9-, despite the evaporation from over a
day later.

2024/03/03 Sunday: (from between 6 AM and 9 AM, on the couch.)

vehicle (motorcycle?) travel:
Evaporated. I do recall that it was of interest when I awoke. *Could* be
related *either* to: chatting online, *or* visiting my elderly (widowed) mother
on what *would* have been her 73rd wedding anniversary, at the retirement home,
about 5 miles away.

shower problem / exploration of area / water zone / exit zone:
The dreamer was looking for a "proper" area in which to take a shower. (MUCH of
this is evaporated. Remembering what I can....)
The dreamer went "looking for" a *better* area in which to shower.
The dreamer entered into a small area of water, similar to a pond (more like a
lake) with around a 1' embankment between the land and the water. (NOT sloped!
Just like the bank of a river or creek, where it's just 1' straight down, into
the water.)
The dreamer had something *like* a large wheel of soft cheese under (his) left
arm, and was concerned about it getting wet from the transit through the lake,
although dismissed the fear, as a cheese wheel is relatively impervious to brief
periods of immersement in a body of water.
The dreamer found an "exit zone" (from the water) that involved simply "climbing
over" some type of rail / slats, a bit like how a restaurant or even a chateau
might have a porch that extends out towards the woods (or lake) and has a low
fence to prevent people (or things) from blowing, rolling, or falling over the
edge, yet allows for a decent view of "the beyond." As the dreamer entered into
/ onto the structure (patio, whatever) the dream ended, clarity 8-ish, somewhat
due to evaporation, somewhat due to the fact that it wasn't all *that* clear
anyways.

O2 port in floor (?):
NOTE: IRL ("In Real Life") I bought an "O? concentrator" (Model KJR-11MW) for
my elderly mother, to help her with her [oxygen panic attacks.] The device has
a *pleasant, blue* lighting behind the pull-out panel, the panel actually being
a small "water tank" to keep the air "moist" that flows through the "cannula"
(air tube) that allows air (concentrated oxygen) into her nostrils. That
pull-out/plug-in module (blue-lit) module has a type of male air nozzle, onto
which the cannula's female end "fits over" the nozzle. (That way, if the person
wearing the cannula rolls too far in any direction, rather than break or snap or
cause possible harm to the wearer, the hose simply detaches off the nozzle.)
This device is obliquely referenced in the following dream:

The dreamer observed a blue-lit O? (male) nozzle, coming *upward* from the
middle of the hallway floor, *reminding me* of a cross between the hallway floor
outside my parents' bedroom (the "master bedroom" at 1103 Scottland) and the
bedroom itself. There was some type of "thought exclamation" from within the
mind of the dreamer, akin to: "Hey, great! You put oxygen ports around so Mom
can just get oxygen where needed" or "Now she can get some exercise / eat dinner
while still on oxygen." Clarity 9-, although that blue-lit nozzle coming out of
the floor was practically a "10" by itself.

Re: 2024/03/02 Saturday: Dogs & Cats...

<us5bdt$3b8gk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2554&group=alt.dreams#2554

From: Richard....@Juno.Com (Richard Carl Silk)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Subject: Re: 2024/03/02 Saturday: Dogs & Cats...
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2024 14:37:15 -0600
 by: Richard Carl Silk - Mon, 4 Mar 2024 20:37 UTC

"Richard Carl Silk" <snip> wrote in message news:us2uqf$2o27n$1@dont-email.me...
<snip>
> dog/cat fight:

Something else I just remembered earlier today regarding the dog-related
dream(s) from a night (or two) before� in this one "clip," I saw a low-clarity
dream (sort of like a two-toned contrast, regarding a darker background and a
dim-greenish-brownish foreground) of a dog (similar to my dog IRL) "taking a
dump," only this was more akin in style to that of an elephant: it was
*expelling* outward (behind the dog) with a nearly straw-like texture to it.

And no, I have *no* idea as to what it might be about, other than my dog has
been a bit "spoiled" lately, as I bring a (Styrofoam) cup full of Mom's
leftovers (typically from lunch) every day to give to Ginger. Note: she's been
*somewhat* reluctant (at times) to eat just "plain" dog food, even though I do
"enhance its aroma" by sprinkling on Parmesan cheese to a cup full of food. :-)

2024/03/04 Monday

<us5neq$3dhkf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2555&group=alt.dreams#2555

From: Richard....@Juno.Com (Richard Carl Silk)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Subject: 2024/03/04 Monday
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2024 18:02:33 -0600
 by: Richard Carl Silk - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 00:02 UTC

Last night between roughly 12:00 midnight and 5:00 a.m. (possibly closer to
around 1 a.m. or 2:00 a.m.) I was considering that somewhere in my past, deep
within my soul, there is (or was) likely a disconnect of some sort that was
responsible for the separation between Gina and myself in reality� sort of like
a line of existence, A, and a line of existence B, with the cause of
disconnection being event C.

The "idea" that was going through my mind was that if I could "LOVE" that
moment, sort of like adding a "drop" of "cure" to "flow through" both "ends" of
the event, the "chain of circumstances," that no matter what went "wrong" during
event C, there would be "love" there to "Unite" the two points, A (the events
leading to C, AKA the "cause") and B) the events following event C (AKA the
"consequence.")

No sooner had I started contemplating this process, that I "saw" (in my mind's
eye) a *pure, WHITE* flash of light, except rather than a "point" (like a
burning magnesium flare on the 4th of July) this was a "field" of light: and
although trying to put a measurement scale to something "perceived mentally," it
*seemed* like it was around 2"x3", or *somewhere around* that field of
measurement units. I also found myself relatively unable to "focus" any
thought(s) directly after that, as the idea kept "bouncing around in my head" to
try and recreate that particular flash (if possible) yet it was as if the
experience itself simply resolved "all possible need" to reproduce that
particular moment� sort of like a "one time cures all" type of moment.

Now while there may be *countless* "religious-based" references to what that
"light" may have regarded, there's also a secular-based reference (see Bach,
Richard: The Bridge Across Forever (pgs 145�147)
(http://openlibrary.org/works/OL16028317W/The_Bridge_Across_Forever?edition=ia%3ABridgeAcrossFore1984bach))
as well as (and consider this a "reference point" in case this becomes relevant
in the coming future) a piece of clear, cellophane tape, reflecting light (as
well as transmitting it) "seen" as a bare fraction of a moment preceding the
"mental image" / flash / "vision."

Other dreams involved:
The mobile home being pulled by my Datsun 280 ZX turbo, along with Dad's (and
Mom's!) involvement in the dream, along with the view of a "field of dirt" that
had been "scraped clean" for development, along with something to do with an
"inflatable pool table" out beside the curb, much like a yard sale.

In the dream, the dreamer "beheld" the view of my (late since 2006) biological
father arriving on the scene in my Datsun 280 ZX Turbo, *pulling* / trailoring
the 69'x14' mobile home I used to live in.

Please NOTE that IRL ("in real life") that car could *never* have pulled that
load *other than perhaps* on a flat, possibly slightly downward-sloped road.
But in the dream, he just pulled it right onto the lot. There *was,* however, a
segment of the scene wherein the mobile home "tipped over" onto its side...
perhaps representing an allegory of "an idea gone sideways"?

The home was then seen as "upright" and "in place," yet there was also a "field
of dirt" surrounding the home, with little to no memorable explanation as to
what that may have been about, and also a *short* segment regarding material
laid out *as if* at a yard sale, involving something someone was trying to
describe as a "pool table," but looking more like an inflatable pool toy, as it
appeared *smaller* than an actual pool table, and more the shape of a narrow,
rectangular raft float.

Various clarities throughout that particular dream.

Then there was the bit about the "Doggy Day" at the ALF ("Assisted Living
Facility" where Mom lives, presently.) It was *as if* the facility ("American
House") was having a "doggy day" for residents with family members who had pets.
(This particular dream was a bit "chopped up" and thus difficult to perceive,
sequentially, even while the dream was ongoing!)