America has been discovered before, but it has always been hushed up. -- Oscar Wilde

interests / alt.politics / Re: Xi says Happy New Year to Putin

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Xi says Happy New Year to Putin26C.Z969
+- Re: Xi says Happy New Year to PutinMighty✅ Wannabe✅
`* Re: Xi says Happy New Year to Putingovernor.swill
 `* Re: Xi says Happy New Year to PutinMighty✅ Wannabe✅
  `- Re: Xi says Happy New Year to Putingovernor.swill

1
Re: Xi says Happy New Year to Putin

<z96cnek62fdUeyz-nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=25466&group=alt.politics#25466

Subject: Re: Xi says Happy New Year to Putin
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.survival,alt.politics.usa,alt.politics
From: 26C.Z...@noaada.net (26C.Z969)
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2023 15:01:43 -0500
 by: 26C.Z969 - Sun, 1 Jan 2023 20:01 UTC

On 1/1/23 2:04 PM, max headroom wrote:
> In news:i1%rL.30521$Olad.28281@fx35.iad, Feeble Wannabe
> <me4guns@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> forged:
>
>> 31 Dec, 2022 15:05
>
>> Xi says Happy New Year to Putin
>
>> During a video call on Friday, the Russian president invited his Chinese
>> counterpart to visit Moscow in the spring of 2023
>
>> Chinese President Xi Jinping has sent New Year greetings to his Russian
>> counterpart Vladimir Putin, Chinese state TV has reported. In his
>> telegram to Xi, the Russian head of state, in turn, expressed confidence
>> that cooperation between Beijing and Moscow will strengthen further in
>> 2023....
>
> "Hacked Material Shows Russia's Propaganda Agreement With China: Report
>
> "Documents that were discovered in hacked emails from a Russian media
> broadcaster reveal that Russia and China have signed agreements to cooperate at
> coordinating propaganda that counters information in the free Western world...."
>
> https://www.dailywire.com/news/hacked-material-shows-russias-propaganda-agreement-with-china-report

Any surprise there ???

Russia and China have somewhat different agendas but
finding ways to diminish their primary opponents is
of mutual benefit ... and together they can do a much
better job of it.

Russia seems to "get" western culture and has been
fairly successful in the propaganda game for a century.
China dominates the electronic world, means to deliver
said propaganda more easily, more broadly, more subtly.

Spreading propaganda which is just what US/EU discontents
want to hear, want to believe, can be a major weapon of
war that crumbles the opponents from within - promoting
division, error, hatred ... a "The enemy is US" viewpoint.
Add a little money to insider agents/groups and .......

Alas Russia and China have also become closer in terms of
trade and to a degree military coordination. They DO mean
to run the world. You won't like it.

Re: Xi says Happy New Year to Putin

<8IlsL.2462805$ulh3.756730@fx06.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=25467&group=alt.politics#25467

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.survival,alt.politics.usa,alt.politics
From: ...@. (Mighty✅ Wannabe✅)
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2023 15:05:23 -0500
 by: Mighty✅ Wannabe✅ - Sun, 1 Jan 2023 20:05 UTC

26C.Z969 wrote on 1/1/2023 3:01 PM:
> On 1/1/23 2:04 PM, max headroom wrote:
>> In news:i1%rL.30521$Olad.28281@fx35.iad, Feeble Wannabe
>> <me4guns@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> forged:
>>
>>> 31 Dec, 2022 15:05
>>
>>> Xi says Happy New Year to Putin
>>
>>> During a video call on Friday, the Russian president invited his
>>> Chinese
>>> counterpart to visit Moscow in the spring of 2023
>>
>>> Chinese President Xi Jinping has sent New Year greetings to his Russian
>>> counterpart Vladimir Putin, Chinese state TV has reported. In his
>>> telegram to Xi, the Russian head of state, in turn, expressed
>>> confidence
>>> that cooperation between Beijing and Moscow will strengthen further in
>>> 2023....
>>
>> "Hacked Material Shows Russia's Propaganda Agreement With China: Report
>>
>> "Documents that were discovered in hacked emails from a Russian media
>> broadcaster reveal that Russia and China have signed agreements to
>> cooperate at
>> coordinating propaganda that counters information in the free Western
>> world...."
>>
>> https://www.dailywire.com/news/hacked-material-shows-russias-propaganda-agreement-with-china-report
>>

>   Any surprise there ???
>
>   Russia and China have somewhat different agendas but
>   finding ways to diminish their primary opponents is
>   of mutual benefit ... and together they can do a much
>   better job of it.
>
>   Russia seems to "get" western culture and has been
>   fairly successful in the propaganda game for a century.
>   China dominates the electronic world, means to deliver
>   said propaganda more easily, more broadly, more subtly.
>
>   Spreading propaganda which is just what US/EU discontents
>   want to hear, want to believe, can be a major weapon of
>   war that crumbles the opponents from within - promoting
>   division, error, hatred ... a "The enemy is US" viewpoint.
>   Add a little money to insider agents/groups and .......
>
>   Alas Russia and China have also become closer in terms of
>   trade and to a degree military coordination. They DO mean
>   to run the world. You won't like it.

Daily Wire, has a reputation of a right-wing lie site and rumour mill.
LOL!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Wire#Reception

Reception
Accuracy

According to Snopes, "DailyWire.com has a tendency to share stories that
are taken out of context or not verified", including an incorrect report
on baby names in the Netherlands, a misdated, exaggerated story that
protesters were digging up Confederate graves, a false allegation that
Democratic congresspeople had refused to stand for a fallen Navy SEAL's
widow, and a report that Harvard University was segregating commencement
ceremonies (because black students had planned an optional event). The
credibility checker NewsGuard assessed in 2021 that The Daily Wire "has
sometimes misstated facts, including about COVID-19" but "generally
maintains basic standards of credibility and transparency — with
significant exceptions".

Various articles by The Daily Wire have engaged in climate change denial
by making false or misleading claims when they dispute the scientific
consensus on climate change. In 2017, when scientists writing in Climate
Feedback described several Daily Wire articles as inaccurate or lacking
evidence, The Daily Wire published corrections in two articles, after
which the scientists assessed that the updated articles were still
misleading. In November 2021, a study by the Center for Countering
Digital Hate described The Daily Wire as being among "ten fringe
publishers" that together were responsible for nearly 70 percent of
Facebook user interactions with content that denied climate change.
Facebook said the percentage was overstated and called the study
misleading.

The "Coronavirus Misinformation Weekly Briefing" by academics of the
Oxford Internet Institute described The Daily Wire's coverage of
COVID-19 lockdowns and the World Health Organization as examples of
"junk health news" narratives in 2020. Some scientific studies have
identified The Daily Wire as a fake news website.

In April 2017, The Daily Wire incorrectly credited the Housing and Urban
Development secretary, Ben Carson, with finding over $500 billion in
accounting errors made by the Obama administration. FactCheck.org
reported that the errors were discovered and published by HUD's
independent inspector general before Carson became secretary.

Facebook criticism

In October 2019, the investigative website Popular Information said that
The Daily Wire had violated Facebook's policies by creating 14 anonymous
pages promoting its content exclusively to boost engagement. In
response, Facebook temporarily demoted a network called Mad World News,
which had a financial relationship with The Daily Wire, but issued no
penalty to The Daily Wire besides a warning.

In July 2021, an article by NPR in a series on disinformation accused
The Daily Wire of having found success on Facebook by turning "anger
into an art form and recycled content into a business model". It cited
among its examples Daily Wire stories on COVID-19 vaccines that
disproportionately played up potential side effects. Shapiro responded
on Twitter by asserting that the NPR story reflected "the establishment
media's deep desire to keep people from clicking on stories they want to
read".

Re: Xi says Happy New Year to Putin

<2nn6rhdrioaj548ec7ils1ajsitt58g9iv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=25509&group=alt.politics#25509

From: governor...@gmail.com
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.survival,alt.politics.usa,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2023 17:56:30 -0500
 by: governor...@gmail.com - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 22:56 UTC

On Sun, 1 Jan 2023 15:01:43 -0500, "26C.Z969" <26C.Z969@noaada.net>
wrote:

>> "Documents that were discovered in hacked emails from a Russian media
>> broadcaster reveal that Russia and China have signed agreements to cooperate at
>> coordinating propaganda that counters information in the free Western world...."
>>
>> https://www.dailywire.com/news/hacked-material-shows-russias-propaganda-agreement-with-china-report
>

> Any surprise there ???
>
> Russia and China have somewhat different agendas but
> finding ways to diminish their primary opponents is
> of mutual benefit ... and together they can do a much
> better job of it.
>
> Russia seems to "get" western culture and has been
> fairly successful in the propaganda game for a century.

Oh, please. Russia got it's ass KICKED in the Cold War and that was
basically a propaganda contest. Good grief, man! HOLLYWOOD has been
the planet's most powerful propaganda machine since sound came to the
movies. The defection of China to a free market capitalist economy
was arguably our biggest victory against Communism.

> China dominates the electronic world, means to deliver
> said propaganda more easily, more broadly, more subtly.

No, it doesn't. It dominates *manufacturing* because of cheap labor
costs but nations around the world are diversifying their source of
processors and microelectronics. However, design and application are
entirely different and China does NOT dominate there.

> Spreading propaganda which is just what US/EU discontents
> want to hear, want to believe, can be a major weapon of
> war that crumbles the opponents from within - promoting
> division, error, hatred ... a "The enemy is US" viewpoint.
> Add a little money to insider agents/groups and .......

Except that the truth always comes out in the end. Witness the
collapse of radical rightism in the Republican party as we speak.

> Alas Russia and China have also become closer in terms of
> trade and to a degree military coordination. They DO mean
> to run the world. You won't like it.

The best Russia can hope for at this point is to be a client state of
a benevolent China.

The global capitalistic system the US and EU have woven which includes
China would destroy Beijing if they tried to use it against use.

Checks and Balances, my friend, we've got them by the balls.

Swill
NP: Ohio Players, "Love Rollercoaster"
--
"Reality is an acquired taste." - Matthew Perry

Re: Xi says Happy New Year to Putin

<QBJsL.1747412$%fx6.662594@fx14.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=25513&group=alt.politics#25513

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.survival,alt.politics.usa,alt.politics
From: ...@. (Mighty✅ Wannabe✅)
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 18:16:59 -0500
 by: Mighty✅ Wannabe✅ - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 23:16 UTC

governor.swill@gmail.com wrote on 1/2/2023 5:56 PM:
> On Sun, 1 Jan 2023 15:01:43 -0500, "26C.Z969" <26C.Z969@noaada.net>
> wrote:
>
>>> "Documents that were discovered in hacked emails from a Russian media
>>> broadcaster reveal that Russia and China have signed agreements to cooperate at
>>> coordinating propaganda that counters information in the free Western world...."
>>>
>>> https://www.dailywire.com/news/hacked-material-shows-russias-propaganda-agreement-with-china-report
>>
>> Any surprise there ???
>>
>> Russia and China have somewhat different agendas but
>> finding ways to diminish their primary opponents is
>> of mutual benefit ... and together they can do a much
>> better job of it.
>>
>> Russia seems to "get" western culture and has been
>> fairly successful in the propaganda game for a century.
> Oh, please. Russia got it's ass KICKED in the Cold War and that was
> basically a propaganda contest. Good grief, man! HOLLYWOOD has been
> the planet's most powerful propaganda machine since sound came to the
> movies. The defection of China to a free market capitalist economy
> was arguably our biggest victory against Communism.
>
>> China dominates the electronic world, means to deliver
>> said propaganda more easily, more broadly, more subtly.
> No, it doesn't. It dominates *manufacturing* because of cheap labor
> costs but nations around the world are diversifying their source of
> processors and microelectronics. However, design and application are
> entirely different and China does NOT dominate there.

The US cannot make 5G network equipment, can't even make TV now. There
used be a company called RCA which made TV but I think it's dead.

>> Spreading propaganda which is just what US/EU discontents
>> want to hear, want to believe, can be a major weapon of
>> war that crumbles the opponents from within - promoting
>> division, error, hatred ... a "The enemy is US" viewpoint.
>> Add a little money to insider agents/groups and .......
> Except that the truth always comes out in the end. Witness the
> collapse of radical rightism in the Republican party as we speak.
>
>> Alas Russia and China have also become closer in terms of
>> trade and to a degree military coordination. They DO mean
>> to run the world. You won't like it.
> The best Russia can hope for at this point is to be a client state of
> a benevolent China.
>
> The global capitalistic system the US and EU have woven which includes
> China would destroy Beijing if they tried to use it against use.
>
> Checks and Balances, my friend, we've got them by the balls.
>
> Swill
> NP: Ohio Players, "Love Rollercoaster"

Re: Xi says Happy New Year to Putin

<2ni8rh1kaftit7cge25kelnapd7nk12jtr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=25528&group=alt.politics#25528

From: governor...@gmail.com
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.survival,alt.politics.usa,alt.politics
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2023 10:35:09 -0500
 by: governor...@gmail.com - Tue, 3 Jan 2023 15:35 UTC

On Mon, 2 Jan 2023 18:16:59 -0500, Mighty? Wannabe? <@.> wrote:

>The US cannot make 5G network equipment, can't even make TV now. There
>used be a company called RCA which made TV but I think it's dead.

The US doesn't MAKE TVs, we DESIGN them and hire others to do the
production. Perhaps you'd like to see all the production jobs in the
BRICS and Pacific Rim go away and all those hundreds of millions go
back to starving to death?

Swill