"Flattery is all right -- if you don't inhale." -- Adlai Stevenson

interests / alt.dreams / 2024/01/31 Wednesday:

SubjectAuthor
* 2024/01/27 Saturday: *Perfect* Landing!Richard Silk
`* 2024/01/28 Sunday: The House Project?Richard Silk
 `- 2024/01/31 Wednesday:Richard Silk

1
2024/01/27 Saturday: *Perfect* Landing!

<fcfb809a-32d6-41bf-8d9b-b77c7892c30cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2520&group=alt.dreams#2520

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 17:14:26 -0800 (PST)
Subject: 2024/01/27 Saturday: *Perfect* Landing!
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Sun, 28 Jan 2024 01:14 UTC

I realize this is "late" and as such, a LOT of detail has "evaporated," but the dream from this morning was *so* wonderful that I wanted to share it, even as late as it is....

The dreamer was in a sort of "outdoors" location, *as if* in a somewhat suburban, somewhat field-type area, *as if* out hunting, or at least observing wildlife tracks (such as rabbit tracks, possibly deer tracks) in the wet earth (as if a soggy ground had very little grass and was mostly dirt-turned-clay or mud) and while there was *some* minor activity involved with that scenario (clarity 8-) it utterly *pales* in comparison to the next scene:

The dreamer is for some reason "flying" through the sky: no craft, no sail device, no 'chute, nada— just the dreamer, "flying" as if that's simply what humans do— no wings flapping, no powered devices, nothing: just flight, perhaps "purely mental," but just flight, nonetheless.

The direction of travel was *basically* west to east (right to left) when *something* catches the mind of the dreamer/flyer, likely the simple observation / lucid clarity of "Hey, I'm flying!" at which point the dreamer has some need to "land" for some reason (and if it was clear in the dream, whatever reason there may have been at the time of the dream was already evaporated / gone by the time I awoke, around 4:30 AM-ish.)

So while flying (west to east) the dreamer executes a *wide* arc half-circle downward, essentially landing facing west, although possibly south, regardless, it was a graceful, *perfect* downward spiral arc from altitude to landing. In other words, it was like a "C-curl," *rather* than a downward corkscrew, or *other* than a direct descent as one would in a helicopter, and *other* than a linear landing as one would make with a fixed-wing aircraft (like a plane.)

IF you wanted to use clock terms, the dreamer was "flying" at around, say, 500 ft altitude at the 12 o'clock position, curving in an arc downward (to around 250' at the 9 o'clock position) to the landing point (at 0' altitude, 6 o'clock position.)

I *suppose* a bird could make such a graceful arc-to-landing. It is *feasible* that someone could easily do such using one of those glider-parachutes or gliding wing contraptions. Still, there was *no* such mechanical assistance in this dream whatsoever: the dreamer simply "flew down" in a graceful arc, and landed.

I'm telling you, this was the most beautiful "landing" I've ever experienced in a dream. Ever. (To date.)

There *was,* however, *someone else* in the dream with whom the dreamer was having a *brief* discussion, so *if* you happen to understand "quantum realities" (like a "here & now form of you" can meet a "there-and-other" form of yourself) then that's a bit like what this encounter was like: the dreamer was discussing the joy of flight with another person who'd also been flying (perhaps at a slightly lower altitude than the original altitude of the dreamer) and landed near the same point (close enough to have a chat, at any rate.)

The dreamer was saying *something* along the lines of: "Do you ever wonder what other folk must be thinking when they *see* someone else simply 'flying' without any type of aid?"

I'm fairly certain the dream / event ended there. Clarity 11 (from the flying / landing) to 9- (for the discussion with the other person.)

2024/01/28 Sunday: The House Project?

<81e10285-6a56-4870-877e-eefc8b187b5dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2523&group=alt.dreams#2523

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 15:14:57 -0800 (PST)
Subject: 2024/01/28 Sunday: The House Project?
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Sun, 28 Jan 2024 23:14 UTC

OK, it's been a busy day (of course) and I have neglected making any notes on this morning's dreams.

However, a few pieces of them have "stuck" through until now:

1 dream involved the dreamer, in a car, making a "Y turn" on a 2-lane road. NORMALLY a person makes a Y-turn at a T-intersection (by backing up into the stem of the T, then turning the other direction, thus making a 180° turn and heading the "opposite direction") only this was *in a 2-lane road* which is a bit of a *tighter* turn.

Seriously, that's all I remember *of* the dream, even after waking. Clarity 9-, however, as driving is a very nearly "real life" type experience.

There was *another* dream that was *very likely caused* by the Roomba vacuum bot going through the hallway this morning.... the dream was a snippet of a small fox, frolicking its way into my bedroom, and the dreamer asking something like, "How did you get in here?" (short dream snippet, clarity 8.)

Finally, and this was the longer one but has more evaporation, the dreamer was approaching the outside of the backside of a two-story type home, similar to a wood-panel cabin (rather than a log cabin) having a rather "rustic" look to it.

The interesting thing was the appearance of some bracing structure being added to the backside, as if someone had started to build on an addition of about 16'–24' in depth, with a width of around 28' or so (*wider* than a double-wide mobile home/trailer.)

At the time of the dream, the dreamer was actually thinking of how homes are thought to be somehow resonant with the concept of a physical human being (such as the dreamer himself, or herself) or possibly of someone else, being "perceived as" a building structure.

Dream ended, and I'm *certain* there's been a bit of evaporation, but the overall clarity was around 8 or 9.

2024/01/31 Wednesday:

<66ef50f2-7df4-45df-95ad-3fc60d8630b6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2524&group=alt.dreams#2524

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 11:22:47 -0800 (PST)
Subject: 2024/01/31 Wednesday:
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Wed, 31 Jan 2024 19:22 UTC

Kids will be kids?
Odd dream about kids darting about outside a home, as if between houses (possibly a friend's house to one's own house) involving at *least* 2 or 3 (more like 3, *possibly* 3+) kids, all of *around* post-puberty to very young adult (pre-college) age.

The "narrative perspective" is *as if* the narrative mind is seeing a male adult (similar to myself, perhaps around age 40-ish?) who *seems* to be something of a "director," as in the role of a guy directing actors in a scene, *similar* to: "Now everybody scramble into the house" (although those words are just in the text of this description to give the reader an *idea* of the *idea* of what was going on.)

The *peculiar* bit about this is that *one* of the kids, seeming much like a version of myself, around age 13-ish, happened to be stark nekkid, and was scrambling as if to hide himself *from* public view, whereas the other kids were simply scrambling per the director's direction. Clarity: feeling somewhat confused, maybe 7+/8-.

Curious phone call:
The dreamer is holding a *cordless* phone, like one of those older types (that are still made, incidentally!) that connect to a *phone jack* typically found along a wall, such as in a kitchen or bedroom (aka "land line.") The cordless *base* transmits the signal via radio frequency to the handset, which has a range limited to the range of the base transmitter (usually around 100'±, or less.)

Here's the thing: the dreamer character *appears* to be NOT on a call, yet simply *listening TO* a call, as if the cordless handset happens to be picking up someone *else's* phone line. (This used to be a problem in the early days of the cordless handset, just as it was in the days of the "party line" back when telephony was still in its infancy.)

The sentence being overheard sounds rather clear (the words are clearly heard in the dream, but the moment the sentence was over, the dreamer discarded the content of the sentence, as if to say "That wasn't meant for me") although the words did sound a shade "critical" (of something, or someone.)

The dreamer turned his attention away from the handset (the "cordless phone") and the dream ended, clarity 8+/9-.

HUGE travel tent trailer:
The dreamer is in the midst of a swirl of energy brought about by person A's excitement over event B: It's a "feeling" that person A *may* have been either a form of myself *or* my (biological, late) father, in about his early 40s, and the event is that of his brother's wife (my Aunt Margaret) having just acquired a kind of mobile tent. Now *if* my dad's brother (my Uncle Al) was present in the dream, or not, I simply can't recall.

History: in real life (IRL) my dad's brother's family ("my cousins") would come to visit once a year (for maybe 2 or 3 years) and bring along a trailer of the type similar to a small square, like about 8'x8'x3', on a single axle (2 wheels) that hitched behind their vehicle (from what I recall, *similar* to a GMC type, in the mid '60s) and once in our driveway, the trailer "unfolded" so that it had fore and aft beds. All I can really recall about the thing is that it was *neat!* (like a super-cool clubhouse for kids) but what it really did was provide extra sleeping space for visiting relatives (as my family had 7: 2 parents and 5 kids.)

So in the dream, what was being trailered was a *HUGE* tent-like package, folded up *into* a trailer that was more like a flatbed, that is, it was *LARGE!* (like something the military would haul into an unimproved area so as to provide immediate bunks / shelter.)

Comparing it to something I *am* familiar with, mobile homes, I'd say it likely had a 16' wide bed of about 40' in length. I had the impression that it would be simply left in a spot, and from there, could unfold (nearly like a circus tent) to provide around 48' width x (48'?) length. That's a LOT of "square footage" (48'² = 2304 sq. ft.)

So while there's a bit of discussion here regarding the detail of the object as well as the people / action viewed, there wasn't really anything *else* to the dream.

Sure, it *could* be symbolic of the tents used by the Children of Israel as they wandered in the desert for 40 years, but that's simply a "possible symbolic similarity." (Anyone who ever goes camping knows what it's like to be "content with tent.") Clarity 7-ish.