Nobody ever forgets where he buried the hatchet. -- Kin Hubbard

interests / alt.dreams / Re: New, Hi!

SubjectAuthor
* New, Hi!Richard Silk
`* New, Hi!Justisaur
 `* New, Hi!Richard Silk
  `* New, Hi!Justisaur
   `- New, Hi!Richard Silk

1
Re: New, Hi!

<a88e9320-5bb8-4d2b-ad30-d70ccb3d3cc2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2471&group=alt.dreams#2471

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 06:32:33 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: New, Hi!
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 14:32 UTC

On Thursday, May 1, 2008 at 10:36:07 AM UTC-5, Justisaur wrote:
> On Apr 30, 8:14 am, Someone <some?> wrote:
> > Maybe there's something you don't like about the backyard...
> I just moved into this house last summer. There's a whole lot I don't
> like about the backyard. It had standing water/mud most of the
> winter, which the dog continually tracked into the house, it's mostly
> weeds which the dog keeps getting stickers in his fur from. It's
> nightmare - the backyard that is. That makes a whole lot of sense.
> Thanks!
> >
> > On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:56:16 -0700 (PDT), Justisaur
> >
> > <justis....> wrote:
> > >Hi, I was just talking about a dream I had in another group, which got
> > >me thinking about dreams in general. So I'm stopping by to check this
> > >newsgroup out.
> >
> > >Here's the dream I had recently (what little I remember of it):
> >
> > >I was in my backyard. There was a ladybug burrowing into my fingertip
> > >like a tick, me screaming in pain and horror, and trying to get it
> > >out, getting it out, and then it burrowing into the fingertip on the
> > >left hand that I got it out with.
> >
> > >My fingertips ache just thinking about it.
> >
> > >- Justisaur

OK, but posting *once* since back in '08 is *basically* still "de-lurking" :-)

Did you ever figure out what this dream was about? (Sounds like a relationship issue.)

Update: the original link took me to a method I'd not used before, replying to the newsgroup via an email address... It seemed "hokey" so I used ctrl-A / ctrl-C to copy the whole thing *before* sending, and now I'm accessing the article via the Google Groups interface (as per normal... for now...)

One other thing crossed my mind, and this may seem a bit— off the beaten path, as it were—
*Some* habits (typically the worse ones) may appear as creatures (such as insects or reptiles, or even malefic land animals of any kind) and in order to free oneself from the bad habit (aka "demonic influence") one may need to resort to adopting "better habits" or even *positive* influences, such as those that come from a *healthy* Church-based relationship.

For example, here's one way to break just about *every* bad habit: tinyurl..com/itta-TCoU

Re: New, Hi!

<ulsmbr$50vo$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2476&group=alt.dreams#2476

From: justis...@yahoo.com (Justisaur)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 10:11:07 -0800
 by: Justisaur - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 18:11 UTC

On 12/19/2023 6:32 AM, Richard Silk wrote:
> On Thursday, May 1, 2008 at 10:36:07 AM UTC-5, Justisaur wrote:
>> On Apr 30, 8:14 am, Someone <some?> wrote:
>>> Maybe there's something you don't like about the backyard...
>> I just moved into this house last summer. There's a whole lot I don't
>> like about the backyard. It had standing water/mud most of the
>> winter, which the dog continually tracked into the house, it's mostly
>> weeds which the dog keeps getting stickers in his fur from. It's
>> nightmare - the backyard that is. That makes a whole lot of sense.
>> Thanks!

> OK, but posting *once* since back in '08 is *basically* still "de-lurking" :-)
>
> Did you ever figure out what this dream was about? (Sounds like a relationship issue.)

As the person who responded to me said, I had a problem with my back
yard. Mainly being a large muddy mess of weeds that went uphill and
drained onto my back porch. That's 2 moves ago, and best forgotten.

I've got plenty of problems with the current house and yard... which
also seems to drain onto the back porch to some extent, but at least
it's not muddy.

--
-Justisaur

ø-ø
(\_/)\
`-'\ `--.___,
¶¬'\( ,_.-'
\\
^'

Re: New, Hi!

<3f5fa30c-e240-476d-a7c7-afb1ea6d3698n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2477&group=alt.dreams#2477

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 07:30:25 -0800 (PST)
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 15:30 UTC

On Tuesday, December 19, 2023 at 12:11:10 PM UTC-6, Justisaur wrote:
> On 12/19/2023 6:32 AM, Richard Silk wrote:
<snip>
> > Did you ever figure out what this dream was about? (Sounds like a relationship issue.)
> >
> As the person who responded to me said, I had a problem with my back
> yard. Mainly being a large muddy mess of weeds that went uphill and
> drained onto my back porch. That's 2 moves ago, and best forgotten.
>
> I've got plenty of problems with the current house and yard... which
> also seems to drain onto the back porch to some extent, but at least
> it's not muddy.

<snip>

Hmmm... there's a bit to be said there regarding "Feng Shui" (wikipedia.org/wiki/Feng_shui) (AKA "Chinese geomancy") that explains topography as a matter of *energy flow,* and whether someone ways "that's a load of hooey" or "that's really helped!" the fact remains, that water always follows the path of least resistance, and always rests at the lowest point.

My mom and dad lived on a [soggy lot] (prone to standing water at times of heavy rains) back when I was born, and when a mouse fell out of a cereal box my mother had just taken out of the cabinet, that was *it*. They moved to where I've lived ever since (except for my "prodigal years") and it sits on a lot that is *2nd* highest on this side of the street.

So water flows from the middle of the the neighborhood (*nearly* like an oval, like a race horse track, *right close to* 1 mile in circumference) just like from the top of a turtle shell. The water from the middle of the 'hood flows into the street, and the gutters carry that down-slope.

The water from the neighbor's lot (to the south of this lot) flows across our yard, sure, yet out lot continues flowing down-slope to the north as well as eastward (street-side) and down-slope of the back yard (out to the school's field.) That is to say, the flow of water (Feng Shui, as well) results in the condition of "my cup runneth over" (yet no "flooding" / standing water. The garage is a newer, separate issue.)

OK, here's the suggestion: plant two willow trees (one at each corner of the back porch) and those two "nature's sponges" will *sop up* **any** water that accumulates near the porch.

Re: New, Hi!

<um1hl2$13l6k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2482&group=alt.dreams#2482

From: justis...@yahoo.com (Justisaur)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 06:21:21 -0800
 by: Justisaur - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 14:21 UTC

On 12/20/2023 7:30 AM, Richard Silk wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 19, 2023 at 12:11:10 PM UTC-6, Justisaur wrote:
>> On 12/19/2023 6:32 AM, Richard Silk wrote:
> <snip>
>>> Did you ever figure out what this dream was about? (Sounds like a relationship issue.)
>>>
>> As the person who responded to me said, I had a problem with my back
>> yard. Mainly being a large muddy mess of weeds that went uphill and
>> drained onto my back porch. That's 2 moves ago, and best forgotten.
>>
>> I've got plenty of problems with the current house and yard... which
>> also seems to drain onto the back porch to some extent, but at least
>> it's not muddy.
>
> <snip>
>
> Hmmm... there's a bit to be said there regarding "Feng Shui" (wikipedia.org/wiki/Feng_shui) (AKA "Chinese geomancy") that explains topography as a matter of *energy flow,* and whether someone ways "that's a load of hooey" or "that's really helped!" the fact remains, that water always follows the path of least resistance, and always rests at the lowest point.
>
> My mom and dad lived on a [soggy lot] (prone to standing water at times of heavy rains) back when I was born, and when a mouse fell out of a cereal box my mother had just taken out of the cabinet, that was *it*. They moved to where I've lived ever since (except for my "prodigal years") and it sits on a lot that is *2nd* highest on this side of the street.
>
> So water flows from the middle of the the neighborhood (*nearly* like an oval, like a race horse track, *right close to* 1 mile in circumference) just like from the top of a turtle shell. The water from the middle of the 'hood flows into the street, and the gutters carry that down-slope.
>
> The water from the neighbor's lot (to the south of this lot) flows across our yard, sure, yet out lot continues flowing down-slope to the north as well as eastward (street-side) and down-slope of the back yard (out to the school's field.) That is to say, the flow of water (Feng Shui, as well) results in the condition of "my cup runneth over" (yet no "flooding" / standing water. The garage is a newer, separate issue.)
>
> OK, here's the suggestion: plant two willow trees (one at each corner of the back porch) and those two "nature's sponges" will *sop up* **any** water that accumulates near the porch.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) the back yard is very small, and
dominated by a pool, a willow would be too much. The water does
eventually drain, it just has maybe an eighth inch on the cement back
porch that pools there, and only really when there's heavy rain. It's
not my hugest concern with the place currently, which is too long a list.

Thanks for the effort.

--
-Justisaur

ø-ø
(\_/)\
`-'\ `--.___,
¶¬'\( ,_.-'
\\
^'

Re: New, Hi!

<4a5d6dc8-43f9-40a0-b513-3ba173397cfdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2489&group=alt.dreams#2489

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 12:08:50 -0800 (PST)
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 20:08 UTC

On Thursday, December 21, 2023 at 8:21:25 AM UTC-6, Justisaur wrote:
> > <snips!>
> Unfortunately (or fortunately) the back yard is very small, and
> dominated by a pool, a willow would be too much. The water does
> eventually drain, it just has maybe an eighth inch on the cement back
> porch that pools there, and only really when there's heavy rain. It's
> not my hugest concern with the place currently, which is too long a list.
>
> Thanks for the effort.

Interestingly enough, I *think* this recent discussion *may* have made its way (in part) into last night's dream, regarding bicycling on soggy ground (not getting anywhere, yet remaining upright.)