Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2021 22:14:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: China  to Raise Retirement Age  to  Offset Fun
ding  Shortfall
From: imb...@mindspring.com (David P.)
 by: David P. - Sat, 5 Jun 2021 05:14 UTC

China  to Raise Retirement Age  to  Offset Funding  Shortfall
By Yang Ming, 3/17/21, Voice of America

The current statutory retirement age in China is 60 years
for male workers, 55 years for female cadres and 50 years
for female workers. Cadre is a general term for civil
servants working in the govt, public institutions & state-
owned enterprises. Labor regs do not differentiate between
male cadre & male workers.

Analysts estimate the country’s labor force will lose
35 million workers over the next 5 years & that during that
same period, the number of citizens eligible for retirement
will surge to over 300 million. That’s almost the entire
population of the United States.

They also note that over the next decade, the country will be
looking at a social security shortfall of $1 trillion. But
getting people to agree to changes in the retirement age has
never been easy regardless of whether it is France, Russia,
the U.S. or China.

https://www.voanews.com/east-asia-pacific/voa-news-china/china-raise-retirement-age-offset-funding-shortfall

Re: China  to Raise Retirement Age  to  Offset Funding  Shortfall

<w18wI.1246$AK38.483@fx04.ams4>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2566&group=soc.culture.china#2566

Subject: Re:_China _to_Raise_Retirement_Age _to_
 Offset Funding  Shortfall
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
From: ali...@invalid.address (alien)
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 20:47:56 +0200
 by: alien - Wed, 9 Jun 2021 18:47 UTC

On 05/06/21 07.14, David P. wrote:
> China  to Raise Retirement Age  to  Offset Funding  Shortfall   By
> Yang Ming, 3/17/21, Voice of America
>
> The current statutory retirement age in China is 60 years for male
> workers, 55 years for female cadres and 50 years for female workers.
> Cadre is a general term for civil servants working in the govt,
> public institutions & state- owned enterprises. Labor regs do not
> differentiate between male cadre & male workers.

I wonder why there is different between male and female. If it is the
position that he/she have, I understand since most other countries is
like that too, but the different because of gender, this is the first
time I see it.
--
-alien-
~ Work like you don't need the money. ~

interests / soc.culture.china / China  to Raise Retirement Age  to  Offset Funding  Shortfall