From: justis...@yahoo.com (Justisaur)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Subject: Cheese Octopuses 12/21/2023
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 06:51:07 -0800
 by: Justisaur - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 14:51 UTC

Here's a small bit I remember from last night.

A pool of some sort of saturated azure blue transparent semi-liquid that
brings to mind not fully set jello. I can't see the edges or bottom of,
but it feels like it's in a pan or something similar and either I'm
moving it kind of like tossing food in a wok, only more gently, or it's
just moving on it's own, it looks like gentle waves on a calm sea. I can
tell it's jelly-like as it's moving with lumps more slowly than water would.

My hands come into view with some oddly shaved and slivered bits of
cheddar cheese slightly wider than my palm. I drop them in the liquid
accidentally and intake air as if surprised by something. As they hit
the liquid they sizzle and sink as if in a fryer, as they do so they a
few form into little orange octopi with perfectly round heads with
markings like this upside down .-. to make faces. The arms are about
halfway between an octopus and a cheese splatter. While smaller bits
just look like bits of fried cheese. The octopuses start swimming
around lazily as octopuses do.

I awake.

Notes on interpretations - the faces come from something I saw on
stink-bug eggs. My wife's been showing me various videos of octopuses
of small about equal size. My father-in law took my son to Squeeze
Burger who makes burgers frying the cheddar cheese, perhaps my favorite
burger place and I had missed it! I'm not sure about the jelly bit -
but I did watch "Silver" on Prime last night which had some strange
ocean & water dream scenes that might account for that.

It seems to be mostly a bunch of useless facts I find interesting,
perhaps just being written to long term memory, along with my longing
for a burger. I do have a penchant for useless interesting facts.

"Silver" is an interesting dream-walking/horror (non-gore/non-monster)
film and might be of interest to the readers of this group.

--
-Justisaur

ø-ø
(\_/)\
`-'\ `--.___,
¶¬'\( ,_.-'
\\
^'

Re: Cheese Octopuses 12/21/2023

<ffc06f5e-40f7-4f03-a7e3-853002fae792n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2490&group=alt.dreams#2490

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 11:32:39 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Cheese Octopuses 12/21/2023
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 19:32 UTC

On Thursday, December 21, 2023 at 8:51:12 AM UTC-6, Justisaur wrote:
> Here's a small bit I remember from last night.
>
> A pool of some sort of saturated azure blue transparent semi-liquid that
> brings to mind not fully set jello.<snip>

Hey J— Would you believe this post has been sitting here on my laptop in an open browser window for *days* awaiting a reply? (I keep things *pretty much but not always* on a "first in / first out basis.")

A "liquid" may be considered a "medium"— be it air, sea, or even cyber- or thought-based. It could even represent the "medium of current events" that happen to be the "pool" in which one is presently living / interacting.

All I can really say is, you've added your impressions of what the dream elements "mean to you" and *that* is what they mean to *you* (whatever they may mean to someone else is typically of a different value) so thanks for sharing! 👍✔😎