Newsgroups: alt.law-enforcement,alt.law.enforcement,alt.economics
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: A Quora about Profiling
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2021 08:39:01 -0700
 by: a425couple - Sun, 3 Oct 2021 15:39 UTC

Answered by
September 13

How did Arab-Americans react to the 9/11 terrorist attacks?

One of the best and most logical things I have ever heard
(actually overheard) came from a gentleman of obvious Middle
Eastern origin. It was shortly after 9/11 and he and a guy
who was pretty obviously of European heritage were behind me
in line. It seemed like they had just happened to run in to
each other but knew each other. The Anglo guy said something
along the lines of, “Has it made it more difficult for you to
fly? Are you getting profiled?” The response from the Middle
Eastern guy was great. He said, “Well, the assholes who hijacked
those planes looked like me. They were about my age and were
from the same part of the world. If more attacks happen they
will also most likely be carried out by people who look like me.
It only makes sense to look closer at people who look like me.
I have been pulled aside and had my luggage checked more
frequently lately but if profiling keeps my ass from getting
blown up at 30,000 feet then I'm all for it.”