If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail. -- Maslow

interests / alt.dreams / Re: 2023/12/08 Friday: The Lizard Monster?

SubjectAuthor
* 2023/12/07 Thursday (Pearl Harbor Day)Richard Silk
`- 2023/12/08 Friday: The Lizard Monster?Richard Silk

1
2023/12/07 Thursday (Pearl Harbor Day)

<cced1efc-e014-42d5-ad9e-284850292f6an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2449&group=alt.dreams#2449

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2023 07:52:16 -0800 (PST)
Subject: 2023/12/07 Thursday (Pearl Harbor Day)
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Thu, 7 Dec 2023 15:52 UTC

First, congrats to Sandy$ for getting through that robot check. For all the effort they went to, it still somehow has *zero* effect on all the spam that gets dumped into this (and certainly *countless* others!) news group.

Next, at least *one* "catch up" dream that I was too busy to post on mornings past.

One in particular was a view as of a branch coming from the perspective of just to the left of a tree trunk: the branch was maybe 4"–6" in diameter near the trunk (there was no actual view *of* the trunk, nor was there any other sized object available for scale reference) and extending at least 4' out to the left. (Mind you, it could have been pointing in *any* direction *outward* from the trunk, but that's just the perspective seen from the narrative mind / view of the dreamer.) The end of the branch was *perhaps* 2"–3" in diameter.

On the branch were about a half-dozen children, at least 3 or maybe 4, possibly more, and rather than full-human-sized children, these were seen as just faces, almost as if they were blossoms on a branch.

There was some type of thrust up against the bottom of the branch, as if from a left-handed palm-thrust / strike, not enough to dislodge it from the trunk, but it did set the limb to vibrating rapidly, nearly fast enough to produce a low hum, although there was no sound within the dream itself.

Also, it wasn't vibrating like a branch that would be swaying in the wind, or [sproinging] like a diving board, but rather vibrating as if it were a tuning fork or guitar string producing 3 or 4 (or more) harmonics along the length of the branch, yet the faces of the children remained in place (without falling or shaking off the branch. They also all appeared to be facing the dreamer's perspective.)

The dreamer actually reached both hands forward to "mute" it from the top and the bottom of the structure (branch, limb) so that the branch became still, then the dream ended. Gonna give this a "clarity 7" (symbolic) because I'm of the opinion that they all represent a "branch" of the "Silk" family tree, that being, my offspring. (The faces *could easily* have represented my children in their cherubic-age photos. The face (on the branch) closest *to* the trunk was the last child I fathered, that being Alyssa, of when she was around age 3 or 4.)

Last night (actually between 3 AM and 8 AM this morning) I dreamt I ("the dreamer") was riding a bicycle along a road, similar to a rather wide section of road such as the entrance ramp from a local road onto an interstate, but there were no other vehicles on this road, just the dreamer, sitting on a bicycle, push-rolling forwards by using feet to the surface. Why the dreamer wasn't using the pedals? There was no answer to that question, although it *did* seem to be "heard," but there was some type of reply like, "Maybe this bike has no chain..." but the response was like, "This is gonna be a *long* ride...." (/trip/journey)

The next scene, the dreamer was on a *nice* (freshly, newly paved) road, with at *least* 2" of asphalt, possibly up to 4", again on a bicycle, and again, no other vehicles, but I *think* the dreamer *may* have had pedal power along this section.

Either way, a *lot* of admiration / praise was being emoted over the condition of the roadway, and a note of [community pride] was felt for the overall reputation for the *excellent* condition of "Tennessee Roads" (those quoted words *were* "heard" in the narrative mind of the dreamer!)

The next scene was as if the dreamer had arrived at the destination, that being some type of bare-walls building (white walls) of bare rooms (seriously, just floor/ceiling/4 walls) even though there was at least 1 room (that was entered) and one hallway (rather wide, yet bare) and the dreamer was carrying along a bag of cable, similar to CAT-5 or even maybe CAT-8 cable that is (commonly) used for networking computers either together in an office, or to a hub/router of some kind. (In real life, I run *blue* CAT-6 level cables from my WiFi modem/router, under the floor, under the house, to the two far-northern-end bedrooms, so those two PCs get 10 Gbps level (*hah!*) connections. Whether the data from the provider flows at full speeds, or not, is another issue, along with the reception speed of the NICs of the units.)

In the dream, a few elements are going on:
1) The dreamer is laying cable from the first room entered (or aware of during the dream) along the hallway, as if to reach a destination that may *somehow* be "Gina-related," as if maybe the cable is being laid to reach *her* computer (?)
1b) there was a second *section* (or *length*) of cable that had been added to the first (much like plugging in one electrical extension cord into another, only CAT cables typically *avoid* using junctures IRL due to decrease in signal speed) and although the first cable *may* have started out as orange, this last cable was *clearly* yellow, no mistaking that color on a network CAT cable (apparently around CAT 5E or CAT 6, RJ-45 type plugs.)
2) During the laying out of the 2nd section of cable (that ran out in the hallway) the dreamer realizes a few things:
a) "I knew I shoulda brought that third length of cable."
b) "Where did I leave my clothes?"
c) "Where's the bag I was using for the cable?"
d) "Now I'm naked, can't find the bag, and can't find my clothes. What next?"
(yet all those elements were pretty much in the space of a single moment in dream time.)
3) There *may* have been someone else present in the building / area of the dreamer. There was certainly the *sense* of someone else (possibly female, possibly Gina) in the building, *near* the dreamer. There *may* have been someone heard speaking.

Fortunately, that somewhat embarrassing moment *ended*, clarity 9+ (as that road was *excellent!* and the yellow of the cable was *perfect!*)

I know a *number* of dreams have evaporated. Sorry. Busy week, relatively speaking.

Re: 2023/12/08 Friday: The Lizard Monster?

<aeb60e8b-8d72-457f-9613-b66ca0605178n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2452&group=alt.dreams#2452

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2023 15:09:22 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: 2023/12/08 Friday: The Lizard Monster?
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Sat, 9 Dec 2023 23:09 UTC

On Saturday, December 9, 2023 at 9:55:17 AM UTC-6, sandy$ wrote:
> On Friday, December 8, 2023 at 10:50:33 AM UTC-7, Richard Silk wrote:
<snip>
> I think you are correct thinking the tree branch with [children's] faces are part of the Silk Family tree because if had been my dream I would['ve] thought the same thing. When riding anything from a [bicycle] to a car, both of these represents you in this life.
> Sandy$

That makes sense ✔ Also, the idea of a bicycle / car being something this-life-related makes perfect sense as well, as if "transitioning from point/location A to point/location B" even from the perspective of traveling between points of time. ✔