God save us from a bad neighbor and a beginner on the fiddle.

interests / alt.dreams / 2023/11/26 Sunday: Hovering Cooper Hawk?

SubjectAuthor
* 2023/11/26 Sunday: Hovering Cooper Hawk?Richard Silk
`* 2023/11/28 Tuesday: The Tin Man (?) (cartoon-like drawing of a house.)Richard Silk
 `- 2023/11/29 Wednesday: Mutiny @ Long John Silver's? / Christo-draped Wal*Mart?Richard Silk

1
2023/11/26 Sunday: Hovering Cooper Hawk?

<aca283c0-7fcd-44aa-b1ec-d6b83ba03955n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2428&group=alt.dreams#2428

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 11:36:27 -0800 (PST)
Subject: 2023/11/26 Sunday: Hovering Cooper Hawk?
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 19:36 UTC

The dreamer "awoke" as if s/he/it had been sleeping in the field behind Reeves-Rodgers School (to the south) (also behind my childhood home on Scottland Drive, to the west of the location in the longitudinal center of the field) and the dreamer noticed two things: 1) my dog (Ginger) practically also asleep, a few feet to the west, beyond where the feet of the dreamer would have been, if the dreamer were indeed human) and 2) "Cooper," the local Cooper Hawk that glides the skies of this area of town, only Cooper was airborn, perhaps 12'–15' above the visual perspective (camera view) of the dreamer. (I mean, he *could've* been closer to the ground, but the dreamer made no attempt to stand up and measure the distance.) (I say s/he/it because, as the body of the dog was observed asleep nearby, the dreamer *could* have been the Unified consciousness of the Man/dog pair, OR just the dog herself!)

While the dreamer was eyeing the hawk, the hawk was eyeing the dreamer (and likely the sleeping dog as well) and the dreamer was "thinking" to the hawk: "Nah... you really don't want to try nabbing a critter that heavy." (Ginger weighs in the range of 70 lbs.)

The hawk ("Cooper") was practically *stationary* in the sky. Like, *if* there had been a very firm breeze blowing, then a hawk IRL *could* possibly have held such a position, but it really became more of a study in "what is this?" in the mind of the dreamer.

As the dreamer was admiring the hawk's wings, the *image* began to shift, slightly, so that they were more like the fingers of a bat's wing, and had something black-lacy-like looping / draped beneath each wing. (The more metallic-looking, black, finger-like ribs were above the tops of each wing, so at least it *was* symmetrical.)

What happened *next* is what I *think* happened in the dream— the recollection (even at the time of the dream itself!) was less than audible, so this is a guess regarding what *could* have been going on, mentally:

The dreamer may have been thinking: "That's my home right over there that you've been visiting on occasion, lately."

The hawk *may* have been thinking back: "This is my home" and the hawk transitioned into the image of a black tree in the sky, only it became more like a model of a network, as the lines were thin, and radiated outwards from a center of an orb-globe-like shape.

So here's a thought:
Analogously: in a car (or truck) all the lines from the *positive* (+) terminal need to be *isolated* (insulated) so as to prevent shorting out with the body of the car (or truck) which is grounded to the negative (-) terminal (all the metal framework of a vehicle serves as the "ground.")

*WHAT IF* in the spiritual / physical world, *all* content has the + quality of "from God" whereas the (-) ground / negative qualities that connect back to "the dark side" all require specific lines of connectivity?

In other words, "evil" is specifically connected to "evil," whereas *ALL ELSE* is positively revelatory of the + power (existence/reality) of God.

That makes the entirety of existence a *LOT* easier: just like in the subway: "Stay off that 3rd rail!" Yet in "religious" circles, "Lead us NOT INTO temptation, but deliver us FROM evil."

2023/11/28 Tuesday: The Tin Man (?) (cartoon-like drawing of a house.)

<efa5789b-325f-4fd5-91b3-84e9c4097a48n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2438&group=alt.dreams#2438

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 09:32:54 -0800 (PST)
Subject: 2023/11/28 Tuesday: The Tin Man (?) (cartoon-like drawing of a house.)
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 17:32 UTC

The dream before waking was rather symbolic in various ways, nearly to the point of "cartoonish" in that the dreamer was clearly viewing things that symbolized other things. Hopefully, this will become clearer in the telling:

The dreamer actually was "waking up" (coming into focus) in the bedroom of my youth (as well as recovery) on Scottland Drive, and was saying something aloud, as if responding to a call from out in the kitchen, that *seemed* as if Gina were out there, calling the dreamer, and the dreamer was responding something like, "I'll be right there," then (mostly to himself) "It's [an type of joy] to actually be saying that to my Father, that Gina is actually *here, NOW*"— although the only words there that were heard clearly include: "It's," "Father," and "Gina"—

The curious thing was the mental feeling of thought, swirled as if around a thread, as the dreamer went into what would have been a living/room kitchen, only the entire scene setting changed, so that what was being viewed was something *like* a large sheet of paper, roughly two-thirds the size of a standard poster board, like what you could get at a Wal*Mart or Hobby Lobby, etc.

The drawing was *roughly* that of a house, much like a young school kid would draw: squarish with a door in the front, only it was two stories, and had windows, a chimney and an inverted cone over the top, a bit like an upside-down oil can shape.

The dreamer was asking aloud, "Whose is this?" or possibly "Who drew this?" although the original tone may have been a shade harsher than intended.

There were some young kids around, namely Samanthia ("Sammie," "Pie," the daughter of a previous domestic partner, and friend / nearly step-sister to my son, Charles) and also (I think) Charles, and (possibly) Logan, Landon and Alyssa, although none of the kids were actually focused on, rather that the characters of children were in the background of the dreamer asking aloud about the drawing.

The kids were somewhat shrinking back, as if slightly fearful, but the dreamer restated the question in a kinder tone, similar to: "No one's in any trouble. I just want to know what this is supposed to be?" (as if asking for the artist to provide an interpretation of his or her own drawing.)

Someone (sorry, unclear as to who it was, precisely) outed (identified) the artist as Charles, and the dreamer asked, "OK, but what is it a drawing of?" (Mind you dream questions are typically in the form of a simple thought-expression, but what I'm writing out here is as accurate a translation as I can come to expressing what was being communicated within the dream.)

Someone mentioned *something* like "the Tin Man" in connection with Charles, as if perhaps it was Charles seeing himself *as* the Tin Man (from the Wizard of Oz) and, taking another look at it, the dreamer could see that the column of the chimney had a cover *similar* to that of the Tin Man's oil can.

And yet, the dreamer felt that it was more than just a drawing of the Tin Man, and looking at the drawing, noticed that there were some characters moving into and through the house in the drawing. The characters were like a blend between the style of Charles Schultz (Peanuts / Snoopy / Charlie Brown) and that of the human characters drawn by Stephan Pastis ("Pearls Before Swine") — They moved as if going in through the front door (which was to the viewer's right, facing the drawing) up to the second floor, and then left (from the viewer's perspective) as they were visible through one of the top floor windows.

The dream ended as the dreamer was contemplating the comparison and contrasts between the Tin Man and the life Charles had growing up / has as an adult, and *also* how "Life Father, Like Son" may apply to the overall communication.

2023/11/29 Wednesday: Mutiny @ Long John Silver's? / Christo-draped Wal*Mart?

<206a06b6-9e3c-4c2b-96fe-3944df8b1248n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2439&group=alt.dreams#2439

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 10:09:20 -0800 (PST)
Subject: 2023/11/29 Wednesday: Mutiny @ Long John Silver's? / Christo-draped Wal*Mart?
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 18:09 UTC

The dreamer had a bit of "journeying" throughout the dream world, and all the "segments" seemed to blend in together, all occurring sometime between the crack of dawn and shortly before 9 AM, CDT.

And while I'm a bit uncertain at this later point as to the order in which they occurred, here's something of a narrative put together in an *attempt* to write it out as a single thread:

The dreamer was involved in some type of vehicular traffic (LIKELY based upon watching a James Bond movie involving moving vehicular traffic of various types) only this was limited to some type of land-based travel, such as cars or similar vehicles.

It seems as though the dreamer got to the target destination without too much trouble, and found himself (to be shown later) in something like a local restaurant (or possibly a bar) where the table(s) were accessible from a front aisle as well as with only a half-wall on the other side, like at a Red Lobster, where people could speak to anyone on a table from the other side (which helps the wait staff to see who is in need of service.)

There's a group of guys seated at one table, discussing something of a nature *similar* to that of planning a [power play] or [mutinous-type nature] but the dreamer is standing as if in the position where a waiter would be, in the aisle aside of the table, looking *at* the table of guys (who were planning, possibly jihadists in today's world) when a friend of mine from real life, "RR" (for "Ronnie R") appears on the far side of the table, looking down at the group as if having overheard and now thwarting their plans, or at *least* significantly interrupting their conversation.

RR looks at the dreamer and asks something like, "Are you any part of this?" to which the dreamer makes something like a lower sweep with both arms (and hands) to the left, as if wiping away all that was there (plotters and schemes) before him.

Someone (possibly RR) mentioned, "That's a pretty [{neat | cool | smooth}] move there, Richard," acknowledging that the move (*similar* to that of an Hawian Luau move) indicated an absolute answer in just a sweep of the arms. And while that segment had a clarity of around 9-, there were/are more elements to the dream, wherein the dreamer is dealing with a suit of clothes (or possibly things that go into pockets) and as *nearly all* of that has evaporated, it only had/has a clarity rating of around 8--.

There's another segment wherein the dreamer is "checking out" / surveying / looking around the outside of a *very* non-descript building, roughly 2 stories (maybe 2½) and was viewed as from one (right, closest) corner such that the leftward measurement of the building was basically obscure, but the dreamer *thought* that it was supposed to be a Wal*Mart building, of about the size of a Kroger's (the smaller buildings, back before they moved into much larger malls.)

What's more, the *outside* of the building was *almost uniformly* medium-dark brown, like the color of mud or possibly wood. It actually had something of a "camouflage" appearance to it, like it was being disguised / decoarated so as to "blend in" with the more jungle-like background of the building.

The dreamer went around the (front right) corner of the building, looking for an entrance, and having *some* type of discussion with *someone* (or perhaps with "the female mind" of my late cousin, Linda, or possibly her -living- sister, Sharon) regarding "Sweeny Todd" or *something* to do with the nature of the exterior of the building being artfully decorated (sort of like an urban Christo or something— christojeanneclaude.net) and noticed that the area where the front (corner) doors *might* have been had a somewhat different, beige-like color to them (like a darker shade of ivory) and, as the dreamer got closer to the building, could actually see the vines & leaves contoured shaping of the exterior wall / paint.

At any rate, the dreamer imagined that the somewhat ivory-colored zone *might* have been there to indicate the doors, went forward and *opened* the door into the building, and saw (for a brief instant) the contents of the interior, much like taking a glimpse into a Wal*Mart, and seeing the rows and shelves of merchandise. However, the dream ended *just* at that point, clarity 9-ish. (The artistic exterior / disguise of the building really threw / throws a "variable" at trying to put a clarity rating to the dream.)

That's all for now— I'm *fairly certain* there was a bit more, and it was all *relatively* well-retained after waking, however, the time between waking and writing (it's now after 12 noon, CDT) allows for a significant amount of "evaporation" of the details of any given dream. Sometimes I think I may wait awhile so as to *reduce* the amount of detail being shared in this journal / post.