Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 10:29:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/10/20 Friday:
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Fri, 20 Oct 2023 17:29 UTC

All I've got left has something to do with the dream before waking, involving an ash-gray-colored muffin-like dog with poodle hair, but more like with the facial bone structure more like that of a schnauzer or highland terrier, *possibly* something along the lines of a cockapoo. In fact, very much more like a cockapoo, only the ash-gray color was *not* characteristic of the "golden cockapoo" variety.

The dog's name sounded *something* like "Angola" (it was an "Angie"-like name) and for some reason, there was some type of copyright or trademark involved, as if the dog were being marketed for income in some manner, possibly via social media, but with a feel like having a registered trademark meant the dog was at least branded (marketed) in some way at a national level. (I recalled it after waking, but the name has since partially "evaporated" during the day.)

And while the dog *was* adorable, there were *also* two sappy-looking doggy faces, similar to dalmatians, but not nearly as intelligent looking as dalmatians typically appear. These two dogs were more "clownish" in appearance, possibly even "cartoonish," but they did appear to have very sympathetic eyes. Clarity 8- / 7+, although *likely NOT* of the "symbolic" type dream— not saying it wasn't or isn't, only that it *may likely* not be symbolic (although every dream is symbolic at some point.)

2023/10/21 Saturday: Wedding/Funeral? (Dr. R.S.)

<2b982b8c-5ee2-4125-8c97-6915800781d4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2407&group=alt.dreams#2407

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 11:12:28 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/10/21 Saturday: Wedding/Funeral? (Dr. R.S.)
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 18:12 UTC

The dream before waking (around either 7:AM or possibly 7:30, apparently *right around* or possibly *just before* daybreak, the dreamer was at a building *much like* a Church, *much like* Grace Lutheran (in M'boro, on E. Clark Blvd.) *as if* at some type of wedding rehearsal. There was a general hubbub going around, and as people began leaving, the dreamer was wondering what time to return for the actual ceremony.

As the dreamer was outside the front of the building, he saw a mother and daughter pair walking away from the building (much like one would walk down the south-aiming sidewalk at Grace— it's just that there was a *slight difference* in exact sameness, as if the *meanings* were mainly the same, but the actual, physical structures were slightly different between the dream location and the one IRL—) when the dreamer *thought* (he) recognized the daughter as a gal from (his) past at Grace, named "Charlotte," only the daughter appeared at around the blooming age in her teens (the primary age at which Charlotte and I knew / associated with each other at Church, back in our youth) and also looked a bit different from Charlotte. (Charlotte would be in her early 60s today, same as me.)

The mother actually looked different as well, as Charlotte's mother was (is) a "little old German lady" (a bride from WWII to an American soldier) while the mother in the dream was lean and of the protective motherly age (of perhaps around late 20s to mid-30s, *possibly* early 40s) and the mother in the dream was *definitely* an American, which along with the difference in appearance of the daughter is what led the dreamer to realize there'd been a type of mistake in identity, and began with the usual, "I'm sorry— I thought you were..." etc., but then realized that (he) had left (his) mother indoors and needed to go get her. (So just sayin', in this instance, the dreamer certainly appears to be as of some form of myself.)

As the dreamer is heading into the "main" entrance (the original double doors facing south) (he) sees my sister Marilyn, coming out, with her usual smiling face, and there's some sound from the people in the doorway area akin to [there he is] as if someone had been looking for me, and I was just showing up, when in the dream it was as if I felt I had simply remembered that I needed to go get Mom in order to take her home.

So the dreamer enters the building, heads east (towards the original commons area, however, in the current "real life" condition, it's all been built up as classrooms and as a piano/choir rehearsal area) and sees my (late, earthly, biological) father seated (facing south) at a table, across from my mother (barely noticed, although she was facing south) and there was a genuine sense of warmth / warm feelings of some nature (perhaps "love"/"joy"?) at seeing my father again. He appeared pretty much as he did in the main working period of his life, perhaps mid-to-later-mid-40s, dark hair, glasses, built like the human version of a bull (I believe the term is "barrel-chested") and "I" (the dreamer) realized he was here (in the dream scenario) as if from the "afterlife," and said, "Gee, you didn't have to come all the way from Heaven just for this— " (still thinking this was likely just a rehearsal for a wedding.) The dreamer somehow understood that even though referencing the fact that a person in a dream is already dead generally tends to end the dream immediately, in this case, the dreamer comfortably felt that there would still be a moment or two for communication.

"Dad" had something like one of those small, squarish to-go boxes (maybe 6"x6"x3"?) only it was of *absolutely clear* material (rather than Styrofoam) and contained some clear-yet-crystalish-looking substance, similar in structure/form/composition to Blue Emu, only this was clear stuff, rather than blue. I suspect the crystallish-looking appearance was due to, say, if someone had taken a jar of Blue Emu (a gel for soothing aching, sore muscles) and had shaken it into the to-go box. The dreamer was *thinking* along the lines of: "What's that stuff/for?"

What he ("Dad") said is a bit fuzzy already (this late in the morning) but was *akin* to: "This is to keep your stomach warm in the cold" (as if someone's stomach or abdomen could have frozen water crystals in it or something) and "I" (the dreamer) was thinking I didn't need any, but should've politely accepted it or said "No, thank you, I'm fine." For all I know, that stuff *could* have been the 21st century's equivalent of "ambrosia," but the dreamer wasn't curious (or hungry) enough to try it at that moment. Probably just as well, because if it *had* been akin to Blue Emu, I suspect it would *NOT* have been appropriate for consumption (as food.)

It really didn't even occur to the dreamer ("me") that the substance *could* have been brought for Mom (his wife— after all, he was sitting across from her at a table, similar to those kinds that get lined up for a long pot luck banquet) I *suppose* because he was talking to me, and didn't mention it was for her. (Dad *likely* would've made that clear in his reply..)

There's this one image, which *may* have been a part of this scene, but for some reason is viewed "separately" in some manner, that being of the dreamer's mother wearing a type of white, woolen sweater (similar to a turtle neck, yet not quite so "necky") not like the itchy wool of a civil war uniform, but something smooth such as what may be worn in the fall, yet thick enough to wear in the winter.

She had her arms folded, with her head down in her arms, saying something with a note of humble obedience, even though there was no note of joy in it whatsoever, along the lines of [I'm not worthy of this] (as if perhaps the sweater-top was *possibly* a "saintly garment" such as is described in many of the Books in the Bible.)

At any rate, that dream was all 9+/10-, although the "Dad" component certainly qualifies it in the "11" range. It occurred to me *afterward* (after waking) that it *could* have been funeral-related, as if the church-like gathering had actually been her funeral (at age 93, you know it's gotta be sometime in the *nearer* future rather than distant....)

The rest of the dreams were all at some point before taking the dog out around 4:30 AM (I noted the time at the time, but have since forgotten exactly which it was. I suspect that chronological, earthly time is secondary to whatever was going on *day-wise* at the time, such as some nocturnal animal possibly prowling around outdoors, or possibly the dog simply needed to go out. She puts her paw up on my mattress and basically "draws" your (one's) emotions to her, like quietly begging for mercy, until the human lets her outside.)
(From quick notes):
Tire
Mailbox
Dirt Apts
Dr. R.S. (psych)
Tunnels

The Tire dream was wherein the dreamer was observing someone taking a tire out of the rear end of their vehicle, only this was more than "just a tire"— it was *large*, like about the size of a farmer's tractor (of the size of an average John Deer or possibly a larger Allis Chalmers) and was made of a white substance that the dreamer considered as "cement"— then the tire was laid on a section of road, *similar* in appearance / location to the northernmost section of Scottland Drive (north of the T-intersection with Windsor.)

There was some minor discussion regarding some typical guy-talk of the admiration type, *similar* to "How did you *do* that?" to which the person (owner?) of the tire began describing what seemed (to the dreamer) to be along the lines of the typical mold-making process, which involved forming a blanket impression of a tire or something (possibly the process of laying down wet strips of fiberglass, then letting them dry) when that particular dream segment ended, clarity 9-/8+.

The Mailbox scenario was centered around some type of water-associated invention, which perhaps will be simply be described piece/part-by piece/part:

The "mailbox" was of the type wherein the delivery box is situated upon the top of a pole going down into the ground, the pole being a black, roughly 4"x4" square tubular steel (metal of come kind) and the box atop the pole was the typical aeroplane hangar dome top shape, roughly 6" wide and about 2' long, sitting at about 3½'–4' above ground level (being the height/length of the square-tubular, steel pole.)

The "box" was open at both ends, meaning someone standing *behind* the box (from the yard perspective) could see daylight / out the other (street perspective) side of the box.

Now here's the "odd" part: there seemed to be some type of water pressure coming up through the tubular steel pole, to the bottom side of the box (where the incoming mail would typically lie flat.)

This was noticeable as there were two "flaps," each flap being half the width of the box, from "hangar side left" to "hangar side right" such that the two flaps were hinged from each side, meeting in the middle. It was *as if* for some reason, these two flaps, when laid flat, formed caps over the water pressure coming up from the pipe, and the mail would remain dry within the box.

The dreamer reached inside the box to tamp down the sides so that they remained flat, as the water pressure from below was / had been causing them to fluctuate slightly. As the dreamer withdrew (his) arm / hand / fingers, the flaps appeared to be stable, but just barely. The dreamer was a bit amazed that the water pressure wasn't blowing those flaps wide open, but was satisfied that the flaps *were* reasonably at rest, and the dream ended, although I'm going to give this a clarity 7 for the following reason:

Click here to read the complete article
2023/10/24 Tuesday:

<9dfe9cd1-1f04-479f-9c63-875aeaecfa2en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2408&group=alt.dreams#2408

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 10:21:56 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/10/24 Tuesday:
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 17:21 UTC

Orchestra (?) performance: The dreamer was feeling around early 20s, possibly 30s', and was in a setting *very much like* preparing to get stage-ready for either an orchestra or wind ensemble type performance, when the dreamer realized (he) did *not* have (his) trumpet (sensed as a silver trumpet, likely the Bach Strad I used to play in high school / college, serial #56347, but was later stolen IRL) and needed to leave the scene in order to go get it. Clarity frustrating, otherwise, 8-ish.

Car attack: This dream is *very likely* a part of the preceding scenario, as it also involves a trumpet, this time in a case, within a car, seemingly within a closed, rear trunk area.

For whatever reason, the dreamer was driving the car, as if needing to go forward to get from the current point A to the destination point B, only the would only go in reverse, and even went backwards across a rather busy road, similar to US-231 N (Memorial Blvd) near the intersection of East Northfield, but feeling wider / busier even that what it already is (IRL.)

Regardless, the dreamer and the car made it backwards across the high-traffic capacity intersection, and on (what in IRL would be) the east side of US-231 (on Northfield) the vehicle stopped while the dreamer tried to regain composure after what had been a stressful event (the car only going backwards, even though the dreamer had been *thinking* forwards.)

It was at this time that there was a small gang-like group of thugs (sorta like antifa, homeless, BLM, you name it— the lawless left) who were trying to get into the vehicle by accessing a gap through a passenger-side window (that had been down maybe an inch) and what happened next was a bit too rapid to describe, but resulted in the dreamer realizing that any resistance to the evil that was invading would only result in violence, possibly injury / death, so the dreamer simply exited the vehicle and even held out the keys to the thugs (although for some reason, the key ring itself seemed to be in parts at this point.)

The thugs were pretty much eager to take the car (which was dark bronze/coppery/brown in color) which had some kind of make/model emblem on it, having something to do with it being a "Royal King" or something *like* that.

The dreamer was observing all this and thinking something along the lines of "Resist NOT evil" and that it was / is only a physical hunk of materialism, an inanimate object of sorts, although the dreamer's trumpet was still in the trunk of the car, and the dreamer could *see* the trumpet in the trunk, nearly just like having X-Ray vision, but simply spoke to the thugs in a very declarative, definitive manner: "Leave my trumpet alone."

The meaning *and* the effect was something akin to: [You can take what you like, but mess not with my trumpet.]

It *felt* as if the dreamer had *saved* or *claimed* the trumpet. The dream ended immediately at that point, clarity 9.

Car thru water: The dreamer was again in a car, this time seated in the back (bench-type) seat with a few other people, likely a 5-seater with 2 up front, and 3 in the rear, with the dreamer being either center rear or driver-left-side rear.

And, curiously enough, this was *another* car that was traveling *backwards,* this time going down about a 15° slope, and into water that was *over the top of* the vehicle.

The dreamer said (urged!) the driver to simply "Keep going! Go fast before the engine dies—" (from being underwater) and sure enough, the vehicle began to emerge into a dry area where the water level was below the wheels of the car.

One note about the water, however, is that it was as if it were of a liquid / form that is *lighter* than water. No idea as to what else all that may have been about, but the clarity was otherwise 9.

Group of elderly folk: The dreamer saw a group of at *least* 20 or perhaps 30+ of elderly folk (age 60s+) seated in neat, orderly rows, in individual chairs, all facing "ahead" being basically to the dreamer's right, as the dreamer was as if a row or two ahead of the other folk, and saw them all to the dreamer's left. IF the dreamer had been facing north, then all the elderly folk were to the dreamer's west, and they were all facing east. To be "clear," the back of the room of elderly folk was beyond the picture frame, so to speak. There's really no limit as to *how* many there may have been seated there.

Someone in the "front" row, right, *near* the dreamer, said something to the dreamer, but either it wasn't loud enough or clear enough to be of much significance to the dreamer, as whatever was said has become evaporated, and was never clearly distinguished even during the dream. Clarity 9-.

A quick word on a *rather awkward* dream from yesterday (Monday) morning before waking: the dreamer became aware (as if awakening from sleep) on a bed, to the left of which was a black person, whom the dreamer originally thought to be female, and wondering why he had ended up in bed with a black woman. It wasn't "out of the realm of possibility," simply that the dreamer had no recollection of having gone *to* bed with a black woman, or anyone else for that matter, so the question was more like, "How did I get here? How did this happen?"

At that point, the black person began to wake up, to get out of bed, and suddenly the dreamer's *perspective* was *smaller* than that of the black person, as if the dreamer had possibly been a large dog or cat or something.

The black person then appeared to be clearly male, and the dreamer was even *more* confused as to *how* could this situation be occurring? (The idea of being in the perspective of a pet animal starts to make better sense at this point.)

For whatever reason, the dreamer gets the impression that the black guy might have been a drag queen, and possibly too proud of his "package" to have had it fully removed, as it was of larger-than-one-would-*ever*-imagine, and thankfully, the person exited the door to the left, as if leaving a small apartment, perhaps.

The dreamer had the distinct impression that a demon had just left the dreamer's presence, and was thankful it was gone. Clarity 9++, except that it was never really clear in what type of body the dreamer had actually been, or why this scene even occurred in the first place.