When a fly lands on the ceiling, does it do a half roll or a half loop?

interests / alt.dreams / 2023/10/06 Friday: Miraculous Slug

SubjectAuthor
* 2023/10/06 Friday: Miraculous SlugRichard Silk
+* 2023/10/06 Friday: Miraculous Slugsandydollar2015@gmail.com
|`- 2023/10/06 Friday: Miraculous SlugRichard Silk
`* 2023/10/08 Sunday: Heaven's FallsRichard Silk
 `- 2023/10/08 Sunday: Heaven's FallsRichard Silk

1
2023/10/06 Friday: Miraculous Slug

<c600549a-b932-4baa-b82e-70f68957417bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2389&group=alt.dreams#2389

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2023 08:35:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/10/06 Friday: Miraculous Slug
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Fri, 6 Oct 2023 15:35 UTC

Early this morning, like perhaps between 3 AM and 5 AM (sorry, didn't think to check the time) I was half-asleep, with an idea on my mind, regarding unification / reunification, namely, between that of myself and Gina, and also how Jesus taught / teaches Salvation (aka Unity, Oneness, Wholeness) and I was envisioning two lines coming together, as if Gina and I were a broken relationship being reunited as one element (of course, that's now exactly how the male/female relationship function *except* as when married, especially during sex, but perhaps I was thinking without fully "thinking it through" at that time) using the images of a \ sloped line uniting with a / sloped line, thus forming a *single* v shape.

As I *was* rousing for some reason (likely to "go drain a kidney," as my dear old dad used to say) I reached over to the small, "stupid phone" on my window sill (to the west, beneath which is where I keep my bed, oriented north-south, so I can look out on the night / day / weather / whatever) and my hand landed on something uniquely slimy, which was *immediately* identifiable as to what it was, and then immediately rolled over to fling it into the waste basket (to the east) thinking "I'll deal with that in the morning."

Fortunately, the slime was so little that somehow it did not goop on my fingers, so there was no overt need to vigorously wipe them (it) off (I think it was *maybe* only one finger that touched the slime.)

A bit later, perhaps closer to 5 AM, I needed to get up again, and decided to turn on the overhead light to check that "night visitor" (thought / hoped) to be in the trash basket, only to find that a full, inch-long (or possibly longer) ("garden variety") slug was "hanging out" on the edge of the basket, possibly on a piece of tissue that was over the plastic baggy liner.

So, knowing that killing a slug is "bad ju-ju" of its own hell, I retrieved the slug in some of the trash tissue of the basket, made my way to the back door, then flung the critter out into the wet grass off to the right of the driveway/patio area.

It was still dark outside; it had been raining / drizzling most of the night, and I had *no* care whatsoever over where that slug may have landed, other than it was now "outside" and "in the wet grass" where it belonged.

So why am I writing all this up?

*WHERE* did that slug *come from?!?!?* And *HOW* did it get up onto my flip phone on the window sill? *EVEN IF* it had come indoors on the coat of the dog, *even then* it would have had one *horrendous* journey across a dusty rug under the bed, up a dry, paneled wall, and up over a ledge, onto the cover of the flip phone.

At any rate, as I sat down to start typing up my dreams from last night / this morning, it occurred to me that the v shape I'd been contemplating the moment before touching the slug in the dark is the unique shape of the "optical tentacles."

Oddly enough, researching the "parts of a slug" and the "life cycle" of a slug, I *think* I may have just explained another dream that occurred before waking, but will simply get back to writing up the dreams, such as they occurred.

The Newspaper?
The dreamer (male) was seated as if upstage left, the camera's right, facing center stage / north-northwest, with a female to the dreamer's right, facing the dreamer (facing due west) acting in a semi-flirtatious manner, so as to get the dreamer to do something she wanted.

He was holding something like a newspaper, perhaps a tad smaller than a traditionally-sized newspaper, more like one of those (larger rather than smaller) magazine (newspaper) inserts, as if to shield his face (and possibly his lap) from whatever was north of his position.

She kept wanting him to lower his paper, which made him suspicious, and sure enough, there were at least a hundred folk watching to see what he would do in response to the female's temptations (well, around 20–30 easily were visible, as the rest were back off in the distance.)

Seeing all the people watching, and probably because the dreamer was suspicious from the start, he basically told the female "No" and went back to his paper, end of temptation, end of dream, clarity 8+.

The Home Location?
The dreamer was pulling up to a kind of building / structure, something that *seemed* a bit like "home" to the dreamer, with a feeling *as if* somewhere along the west side of Murfreesboro, like along John Rice Blvd, with a feel similar to Asbury Lane, however, this was something of a hodgepodge of feelings, as the scene location in the dream is *only similar* to those areas in real life.

At any rate, the dreamer is coming to the structure as if to sleep, to rest, or something, and although it's a bit unclear, it's as if there's a guy there also, as if he was planning on sleeping nearby, possibly in a different bed, or possibly they share a bedroom on different shifts. (There was no "relationship" sensed between the two characters. In fact, the "other guy" felt a bit like an unexpected visitor to the dreamer, who, although he wanted to get some sleep, was less-than-inhospitable as to presuming to drive the other person out.)

There was some slight discussion along the lines of [What's up? / What's going on?] which resulted in the dreamer having some type of understanding that the other person had as much purpose in being there as did the dreamer, and that there was no actual conflict over any of the physical items (such as the structure, the room, or the bed(s) for that matter) as if saying that the other guy was leaving anyways, rendering any discussion or debate a moot point. Clarity 8+

The Job?
While there was the scene (above) regarding a home location / sleeping area, there was also a dream *with a similar feel* to it regarding a job for which the dreamer needed to get there *directly* but the dreamer was feeling tired, to the point of deciding between calling in as absent, or calling in to report he was going to be 15 minutes late.

This internal debate, as to whether to call in absent, call in late (or even how late to be expected) or show up on time, with the feeling that the dreamer's *job* was on the line, was still going on when the dream ended, clarity 8+.

I *think* this was about when the slug on the flip phone incident occurred, which may well explain the next dream:

Multiple Belly Buttons??
The dreamer is having a discussion with a female, presumably with gray hair, when she reveals to him (as if it were unintentional) her belly, at which point he notices she has two belly buttons (only they were as simply darker dimples where the belly button should be.)

The dreamer observes to the female that she likely had a twin embryo that was absorbed during gestation (AKA "the vanishing twin syndrome," a very *real* process that *likely* happens a LOT LOT LOT more than people imagine: It's why some folk have a mystery extra appendage that is typically removed at birth, or why someone's right side of their head is distinctly different from their left (AKA "asymmetry") or why one person can actually have *two different* sets of DNA, depending upon from where in the body the DNA is tissue-typed.)

As this moment was being explained, another female shows me *her* belly, and she's got 5 or 6 "belly buttons" in a staggered left-right formation going up the center of her abdomen, having the same, dark tissue area (more like moles than belly buttons, yet *not* like mammalian nipples!)

While the dreamer looked at that a moment and began to speak on genetics, there was yet another female who seemed to indicate that the dreamer was speaking to a child, and that such a discussion needed to be tempered in some manner.

Regardless, the dreamer finished with something of a textbook definition (words NOT recalled, as the meaning to the sentence was "G-rated" within the dream, but I simply cannot recall what was actually said: those words were not clearly heard by the narrative mind of the dreamer) and had a sense of "I said what I said" (without apology) to the other lady.

One thing that was seen, possibly from that last lady, was a torso / abdomen, like from the individual's right rib-cage down to the waistline, as if the internal cavity of that area had been "hollowed out," especially in contrast with the individual's *left* half of that same area. Just odd.

The after-waking possibility that that last dream *could* have been from the mind of the dreamer having a discussion with the mind of the slug is a *very* curious possible interpretation.

Re: 2023/10/06 Friday: Miraculous Slug

<097edd35-b466-4e4b-b026-bedb0833c944n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2390&group=alt.dreams#2390

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2023 07:02:48 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: 2023/10/06 Friday: Miraculous Slug
From: sandydol...@gmail.com (sandydollar2015@gmail.com)
 by: sandydollar2015@gmai - Sat, 7 Oct 2023 14:02 UTC

On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 9:35:27 AM UTC-6, Richard Silk wrote:
> [...]
>
> Regardless, the dreamer finished with something of a textbook definition (words NOT recalled, as the meaning to the sentence was "G-rated" within the dream, but I simply cannot recall what was actually said: those words were not clearly heard by the narrative mind of the dreamer) and had a sense of "I said what I said" (without apology) to the other lady.
>
> One thing that was seen, possibly from that last lady, was a torso / abdomen, like from the individual's right rib-cage down to the waistline, as if the internal cavity of that area had been "hollowed out," especially in contrast with the individual's *left* half of that same area. Just odd.
>
> The after-waking possibility that that last dream *could* have been from the mind of the dreamer having a discussion with the mind of the slug is a *very* curious possible interpretation.
Hello Dick,
Was amazed about the slug dream. You would be surprised at things that get in a house. I've had problems with spiders and other un-named bugs(no roaches). Just how big was this slug??
sandy$

2023/10/08 Sunday: Heaven's Falls

<86b918dd-bb8b-4639-bab9-8e786130eb35n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2392&group=alt.dreams#2392

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 06:19:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/10/08 Sunday: Heaven's Falls
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 13:19 UTC

Likely somewhere between 4 AM and 5 AM this morning, the dreamer was viewing a rather beautiful scene involving water cascading over a wall, in the manner of a water fall, with the wall being in the manner of a stone slab construction, as if someone had carved out a single slab of marble of at least 20 yards (60 feet) wide by perhaps 10' high, then set it up as if it were a wall holding back the earth behind it, except that there was something like an entrance doorway in the center of the wall, with a classic keystone over the center. A keystone is a 5-sided stone that's wider across the top, narrower across the bottom, giving it a V shape
(more like a \_/ shape)
that is typically set at the top center of an *arch* (a rounded doorway lined with stones,
like this: ∩ ) so that any gravitational force pressing against the sides will press the top of the arch equally from both sides against the center "keystone" (sometimes called a "capstone," depending upon usage.)

At any rate, water was cascading over this wall, as if it were designed to do so, and looking wonderful even in the dim lighting, when the view changed to that as if from an aerial drone, or like a person sitting in a hot air balloon looking westward, when the cascading water view was the center focus point of a much larger vista:

The view was as if I myself were looking westward from above the home of the house across the street from my childhood home on Scottland Drive, and the lighting was "glorious" (to use a single word)— imagine the most golden, yellow with crimson red highlights you've ever seen in a sunset, in a view of at least 135° to perhaps 180° (from north to south, viewing west) only lit as if it were morning (with the sun behind you to the east.)

Not only all that, but there was like a *massive wall* of cascading water (more like in a bowed, horseshoe arrangement) behind the view of the home (on Scottland Drive) as if somehow Niagara Falls and Victoria Falls were just place names, whereas this view was *divine* (to say the least) with the golden/yellow/crimson lighting that was illuminating the scene.

The dreamer (who was thinking / feeling *very* "first person" at the moment) either said (or thought) "I've gotta get my camera for this!" and, feeling like a dark shadow in the glory of the beauty of the scene, made some type of movement as if {down to the left} so as to somehow {go to get a tablet/camera} and the dream ended, clarity "Heavenly" (to possibly understate it, if possible.)

The *only* possible "interpretation" that comes to mind (at the moment) to account for *any* of this comes from the words of Jesus, as recorded in John 4:14— "But whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a fount of water springing up to eternal life." †

One curious side note to all of this: there was no "flooding" in evidence. That is, even with all that flowing water, *in both dreams,* there was no flooding visible, whatsoever.

Re: 2023/10/06 Friday: Miraculous Slug

<f6b07bd2-0199-493d-a086-df44dfac3dd9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2393&group=alt.dreams#2393

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 06:22:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 13:22 UTC

On Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 9:02:50 AM UTC-5, sandy$ wrote:
> On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 9:35:27 AM UTC-6, Richard Silk wrote:
> > Early this morning, like perhaps between 3 AM and 5 AM (sorry, didn't think to check the time) I was half-asleep, with an idea on my
<snip>
> > The after-waking possibility that that last dream *could* have been from the mind of the dreamer having a discussion with the mind of the slug is a *very* curious possible interpretation.
> *********************************************************************************************
> Hello Dick,
> Was amazed about the slug dream. You would be surprised at things that get in a house. I've had problems with spiders and other un-named bugs(no roaches). Just how big was this slug??
> sandy$

Roughly 1½", stretched out, probably closer to only 1" in a "relaxed" position.

Re: 2023/10/08 Sunday: Heaven's Falls

<51d50ba9-eed2-41df-be9d-151b5658de7fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2396&group=alt.dreams#2396

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 16:53:18 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: 2023/10/08 Sunday: Heaven's Falls
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 23:53 UTC

(Re: 2023/10/08 Sunday: Heaven's Falls) (repeating the entirety of the post for refreshing the imagery):

On Sunday, October 8, 2023 at 8:19:35 AM UTC-5, Richard Silk wrote:
> [...]
>
> The *only* possible "interpretation" that comes to mind (at the moment) to account for *any* of this comes from the words of Jesus, as recorded in John 4:14— "But whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a fount of water springing up to eternal life." †
>
> One curious side note to all of this: there was no "flooding" in evidence.. That is, even with all that flowing water, *in both dreams,* there was no flooding visible, whatsoever.

So later that day, 10/8/2023, the news was CHOCK FULL of the attacks of the Muslim jihadists (AKA "Hamas") against Israel.

The crimson gold beauty of the image facing west was akin to "red sky at morning" which reminded me of the bit in "The Lord of the Rings" where Legolas says something about a red sky morning, that [blood has been spilled this night] — At any rate, it put me in mind of Moses parting the Red Sea, and I had something of a *!!!* moment in considering that the massive wall of water falls in the distance may have been akin to "having seen *that*" event in conjunction with the present moment, as the roof of the home in the house in the vision had its "brand new roof" in place regarding the new, "architectural" shingles.