From: droo...@gmail.com (buh buh biden)
Newsgroups: misc.immigration.canada,alt.law-enforcement,sac.politics,can.politics,talk.politics.guns
Subject: Slain Clark County deputy identified as Jeremy Brown
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 03:44:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: buh buh biden - Sun, 8 Aug 2021 03:44 UTC

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) � The Clark County deputy killed in the line of duty
Friday night in Vancouver is a 15-year veteran who was involved in another
shooting in 2020.

Jeremy Brown, 46, spent time as a corrections officer, patrol deputy and
was a detective at the time of his death, the Clark County Sheriff�s
Office said in a Saturday release.

He also spent time on the Drug Task Force that worked with Vancouver
police officers and was one of the deputies who fatally shot Kevin
Peterson in October 2020.

Brown was shot around 7 p.m. Friday at The Pointe Apartments in east
Vancouver. A heavy police presence appeared immediately at the scene and
as the search for at least 3 suspects ramped up, authorities closed down
I-205 near Padden Parkway.

The Clark County Sheriff�s Office announced around 1:20 a.m. Saturday two
of the 3 suspects were taken into custody. The search for the third
suspect continues at this time.

Authorities have not identified the suspects in custody or the one at
large.

The Vancouver Police Major Crimes Department Major Crimes Unit is
investigating, and the investigation is ongoing, officials said.

Condolences from law enforcement
Law enforcement agencies around the region were swift to show their
solidarity.

Multnomah County Sheriff Mike Reese
Overnight, the public safety community lost one of our own. Our thoughts
and prayers are with @ClarkCoSheriff, and we will do everything we can to
assist our partners during this difficult time.

Oregon State Police
Our thoughts and prayers are with @ClarkCoSheriff as they mourn the deputy
who was killed in the line of duty last night. We grieve with the deputy�s
family, our law enforcement partners, and the community.

Washington County Sheriff�s Office
Our thoughts are with @ClarkCoSheriff as they mourn the deputy who was
killed in the line of duty last night. We grieve with the deputy�s family,
our law enforcement partners, and the SW Washington community.

Portland Police Bureau
We extend sincere sympathy and support to the family, friends, and
colleagues of the
@ClarkCoSheriff deputy, shot and killed in the line of duty last night.

Clackamas Fire
Our thoughts and prayers are with the @ClarkCoSheriff family with the loss
of one of their own.

The Peterson connection
Deputies shot and killed Kevin Peterson, 21, on Oct. 29 near the U.S. Bank
on NE Highway 99 in Hazel Dell.

Based on surveillance video and interviews with officers who were at the
scene, SWIRT investigators claim Peterson did have a .40 caliber
semiautomatic handgun and pointed it at deputies at times, but that it
does not appear Peterson fired the gun. No .40 caliber casings were
recovered at the scene.

Officers with the regional drug task force were investigating Peterson for
conspiracy to deliver controlled substances, according to court documents.

Another deputy said Peterson pointed the gun at him �while running
northbound,� prompting him to fire at Peterson. Video from the bank showed
Peterson fall, then sit up and point the gun, according to investigators.

Peterson was in possession of a Glock model 23 handgun that had one round
chambered and one round missing from the magazine, according to
investigators. At this time, detectives do not have evidence that Peterson
fired the gun while in the U.S. Bank lot, according to the SWIRT report.

https://www.koin.com/local/clark-county/slain-clark-county-deputy-
identified-as-jeremy-brown/