As a goatherd learns his trade by goat, so a writer learns his trade by wrote.

interests / alt.dreams / 2023/09/24 Sunday:

SubjectAuthor
* 2023/09/20 Wednesday (Happy Equinox?!)Richard Silk
`* 2023/09/22 Friday:Richard Silk
 `- 2023/09/24 Sunday:Richard Silk

1
2023/09/20 Wednesday (Happy Equinox?!)

<4f2c72dc-f064-4341-a176-203e6372eae7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2379&group=alt.dreams#2379

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 11:03:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/09/20 Wednesday (Happy Equinox?!)
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 18:03 UTC

Sometimes the equinox / solstice days arrive on a 20th, sometimes on a 21st..

At any rate, last night / this morning, I had a few dream segments that, while mostly have evaporated, left two images that somewhat remain in enough memory so as to be able to journal on them—

Starting with: the monkey (?) critter.
Background: last night (Tuesday evening) there was a TV segment (on Jesse Watters, on Fox) regarding a guy who romps around like a gorilla, and swings around in an interesting tree type environment. This *likely* had a significant impact on the dream segment from last night / this morning, involving *something like* a dark creature, except with an outline of light akin to "burnished brass" (the words that came to mind, not that I know what that looks like, precisely)— think of a fiery, reddish, goldish looking sheen.

After doing a simple online search for "burnished brass," it appears that such is likely a good way to describe it, only with a certainly more noticeable reddish color to it than brassy.

At any rate, the particular "gorilla-like" critter was curiously shaped, not unlike the "rocket ship" image used in the Austin Powers movie with Dr. Evil, leading one to immediately presume the critter to have been masculine / male of some type / in some way.

There was *another* segment involving the dreamer *as if* out on something *akin* to an airfield, only on the tarmac were glass structures, similar to windows or doors of glass-like structures (like small out-buildings of some kind, but not too small.)

In this particular segment, the dreamer was *closing* a window (or door) that had been left ajar, as if doing a neighbor a favor (as if it were starting to rain.)

There was a view of a guy with glasses, similar in appearance to how I looked back in my 20s, possibly 30s. (I got LASIK (IRL) on about my 40th birthday.)

Clarity was all around 8-ish, possibly bordering on 9-ish.

2023/09/22 Friday:

<fec3dcaa-6281-41a3-9308-733d46f20c90n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2380&group=alt.dreams#2380

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 08:39:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/09/22 Friday:
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 15:39 UTC

Just some average type dreams involving movement as in travel akin to walking, as if meandering around a campus (similar to MTSU) and viewing something *akin* to an area similar to the amphitheater arrangement of a ballpark.

The dreamer (or at least the narrative mind of the dream) was with someone else (with something *similar* to a mother-like perspective, although of a younger age, able to walk upright without assistance, *possibly* Gina-like) as if discussing where to sit.

The traveling nature of the view was as if an area of seating desired by the other (female?) person was somehow passed by, while the "mind" of the dreamer was contemplating an area way out around the backside somewhere, as if to avoid the crowd.

The dreamer asked the other if she (?) wanted to sit [up front / nearer / over there] and her (?) answer was "Yes!" so they began to move towards the seating area where she had originally suggested. Clarity 9-ish.

*As I'm writing this up,* I'm reminded of Gina's high school graduation night in Giles County, Pulaski Tennessee, on the evening of June 4th, 1981, in Sam Davis Park on Jack Deere Field: She sat in the chairs for the graduating seniors that were set up in the infield of the football field.

As a visitor (I'm 2 years older than her) I was in the peripheral stadium bleachers (of the home side.)

Side note: I *just now* weighed in at 200.0 lbs even. I've been in the upper 190s within the past year, hope to get into the lower 190s / upper 180s within a reasonable amount of time.

In another dream, the dreamer was investigating (navigating) a ladder leading from an upper level (involving concrete construction, similar to "The Murphy Center" at MTSU) to a lower level. As the dreamer was descending the ladder, the clip ended. Clarity 8-ish, as whatever is left of it happens to be *brief.*

2023/09/24 Sunday:

<83c64362-4520-49ba-8a46-e88385fa3803n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2381&group=alt.dreams#2381

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 20:35:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/09/24 Sunday:
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Mon, 25 Sep 2023 03:35 UTC

There were several dreams, and some of them *seemed* to flow along a narrative (story line) although that's less than absolutely certain, so here goes:

Guy cleaning Mom's Bathroom (vanity):

The dreamer was happening by a room similar to the *small* half-bath (technically, it's a "master bathroom") off my parent's bathroom at my childhood home on Scottland Drive. There was a noise similar to mouse-scratching type activity so the dreamer peeked in to investigate, finding something like a vanity closet / flue with a small guy inside: not a dwarf, and not so small as to be a jockey, just more along the lines of the ultra-light-weight category (if one were into boxing.) OK, so I'm around 200 lbs today, so this guy would be more like around 130–150, max? (Note: the guy in the dream was "reminiscent" of a guy named "Joe" that I used to work with back in the late '80s, possibly early '90s. However, the name and size *also* match my maternal grandfather's description from when *he* was young and active, circa 1920s–'30s.)

He was in the closet/flue construction, reaching up as if to clean out an air duct at a point above regular eye-level (nearer the ceiling of the room.) Why he was cleaning it was unclear, but the general area had a *gleaming* whiteness about it as if it were of a porcelain tile of some sort, so the dreamer let the guy just continue what he was doing without interrupting him. Clarity 9-ish, despite the unfamiliar construction of the vanity/closet/flue.

Device "overhead" result of past invention:
In another semi-plumbing-related dream, the dreamer was talking with someone apparently functioning in a maintenance-like role, who then needed to go out and do some work in a relatively "overhead" location. I use that word to describe the "relative location" in which further activity occurred rather than to "quote" it as a word that may (or may not) have actually been used in the dream.

The person "above" (it seemed nearly as if the dreamer were in a location *similar* to a sewage tunnel, and "above" was a "street level") was using a lever or knob that the dreamer had apparently designed at some point in the (forgotten / barely remembered) past. It was like some "genius-type" do-it-yourself invention that the dreamer had made for a personal use of some sort, only the "maintenance-type" guy was complimenting the dreamer on the gadget (whatever it may have been) that operated similar to a 6"–8" hydraulic piston: press the lever "forwards" and the object on the upper level tipped forward; pull the lever backwards, and whatever that tipped-forward object was would relax back to its un-tipped (upright) position. And I know this is gonna sound a bit funny, but it was *almost* as if the object the device was tipping forward was like a toilet bowl for a *really* wide posterior, like one of those morbidly obese people with a seat-print of at least 3 to 4 seats wide.

All I can say is, the dreamer's perspective was from *below* the level of that object, so there wasn't really *that* good of a view of whatever it may have been. Clarity 8-ish.

These next few titles were jotted down early this morning, and it's now after 10 PM CDT, so needless to say, there's been a LOT of "evaporation" between then and now:

"Family" (people?) out on a "retreat" (?)
If I hadn't written this down, I'd not have remembered it – at *all* –....

All I can say it, it was *very likely* related to this next topic:

"Son" gets a fever.
I have a feeling that a young guy, similar to myself, though possibly more like a biological son, who *may* have been involved in the dream topic just above this one, had a temperature above normal, approaching what is typically referred to as a "fever" amongst parents. That it was detected *in* the dream-state was perhaps *the* unusual aspect of this dream: the dreamer *felt* the heat from the child's forehead. Clarity 9+ except that so much detail has been evaporated, sorry. Note: the appearance of the child, perhaps around 8–10 years of age, looked *as if* he could've been the son of myself and Gina, genotypically speaking.

Dude in charge of the hospital??
The "dude" being referenced had something of a "minority flavor" to him, as if he were either from off the streets, a wheeler-dealer kinda guy, or possibly a "playah," but I remember his character as having shoulder and ribcage "width" to him, perhaps along the lines of a luchador (masked Mexican wrestler.) Clarity 8-, as I think seeing him was something of an intermediate step between the outing, the son coming down with a fever, and this next segment:

Taking "Son" to the hospital for a fever (passing Jubenville)
Following guy with 'shroom cart.
The dreamer was carrying his(? "the") son through the corridor of a hospital (back when you could just come in through a side entrance rather than the E.R. main entrance) looking for someone with whom to confer regarding the son's fever, like a nurse or pediatrician, etc., even an orderly if only to get better directions.

The dreamer *passed* a guy who looked just like my former professor at MTSU, Dr. Colby Jubenville, although that person in that dream had really nothing to say, but just kept going off to the right as the dreamer with son was progressing leftward down the corridor.

At one point, someone mentioned to the dreamer that (if looking for X?) then [follow person Y] to the target destination.

The dreamer asked to confirm, "You mean the guy with the cart of mushrooms?" (It was one of those rectangular tray-top carts of about 2½' wide x 3½' long and *maybe* 4' tall, on coasters, one coaster on each of the 4 legs of the cart.)

The person made some type of affirmative reply, so the dreamer started following whomever was pushing the cart with all sorts of --odd-- looking mushrooms on top, with some type of sense that they may have had some type of medicinal purposes. One of them looked a bit like a yellowy sponge of about 1" in height, and ½" diameter. It had a shiny/glossy look to it, rather than the cool, dry looking skin of most real-life mushroom stalks. Please note, the mushrooms *did NOT all look alike*: they all looked different from each other, except for this row of about 3 small, darker yellow-looking 'shrooms (the color of baby diaper poo) when one of them "spit" a little "sput" out of its top, that "hit" the dreamer.

The dreamer semi-complained aloud, something like, "Hey, that one just spit on me!" when suddenly there were about 2 or 3 more sputs that also landed on the dreamer, whereupon the dreamer awoke / I woke up. Clarity 8-, due mostly to evaporation, although it was originally around a 9.

Undercover Encounter in a jail-yard?
The dreamer was *as if* in an undercover capacity within a jail yard / prison facility of some sort. There were at least 3 guys present, one of which was the dreamer, and they all 3 were standing about 3'–4' apart, and it was as if they all wanted to attack the dreamer, except that the dreamer kept shifting, a bit left, then a bit right, and all the other 2 points shifted along as well, so as to maintain the triangular shape. Still, there was the feeling that if the dreamer stayed there much longer, there might have been an attack coming, and the dream ended, clarity "awkward."

Confrontation with preggers?
In this dream, perhaps the more disturbing one of the evening, the dreamer was being approached, as if to be attacked, by a *very* pregnant woman (who looked a bit like JAT) so the dreamer picked up a dark object, similar to a 3' stick of rebar, and held it directly between the dreamer and the pregger's belly.

Thinking the pregger attacker would stop, instead, she came forward a bit closer, and the dreamer felt the bar go into the pregger's belly, perhaps a few inches deep, before she stopped. (The dreamer was thinking the bar was aligned with her spine, so at the least, she'd not be able to come any closer.) Sure enough, she stopped, although the dreamer was feeling very sad over the bar being inside her pregnant belly. Dream ended, clarity "disturbing."