You'd better smile when they watch you, smile like you're in control. -- Smile, "Was (Not Was)"

interests / alt.dreams / 2023/09/15 Friday (messy dream)

SubjectAuthor
* 2023/09/15 Friday (messy dream)Richard Silk
`* 2023/09/18 Monday (I speak Spanish???)Richard Silk
 `* 2023/09/18 Monday (I speak Spanish???)Richard Silk
  `- 2023/09/19: TuesdayRichard Silk

1
2023/09/15 Friday (messy dream)

<8058a251-b864-46ab-b175-ebecf4717cb0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2375&group=alt.dreams#2375

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 15:21:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/09/15 Friday (messy dream)
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Fri, 15 Sep 2023 22:21 UTC

Early this morning I had what actually "strikes me" as a "disturbing" type dream:

The dreamer was anxious to find a mens' room stall in order to vacuate the bowels.

There was some type of distraction involving another person in the dream, a guy who seemed to be telling the dreamer that a stall was unavailable for some nonsense reason, at which point the dreamer simply pulled open a stall door to reveal an open toilet seat (then entered to use it.)

So here's where the "disturbing" part comes into play:

There's a sense that there's a *small bit* of excrement upon the lower, center inside of bluish-green bath robe-like material, *as if* the dreamer had been in such an urgent rush as to have failed to have properly, fully "cleared the rear garment" before starting. (This bothered the dreamer a bit, as if that having occurred made no sense, either.)

The dreamer then began some type of process of removing a tattered pair of denim cut-off shorts (like the ones I use for yard work IRL) in order to douse them entirely with a spray of water, as if there had been some type of cow-patty-like accumulation of excrement upon the shorts as well.

This left the dreamer with a *sense* of "O lordy, what next?" as there was the anxiety of having to shower off any mess that *may* need cleaned off the body, as well as the need for dry (or at least "clean") clothes prior to leaving the men's room.

While the clarity was at least an 8+ to a 9+, there were a few elements of note: namely, that a bowel movement was actually performed *within the dream* and the overall anxiety of [how did this happen? / what next?]

2023/09/18 Monday (I speak Spanish???)

<5708a890-8d05-4814-8447-041d3c2b4ce2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2376&group=alt.dreams#2376

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2023 07:49:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/09/18 Monday (I speak Spanish???)
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Mon, 18 Sep 2023 14:49 UTC

First, I'd like to say that, so far, nothing clearly approaching the messiness of last Friday's post has occurred, so things *seem* will in that regard. Whether it may be applicable to any type of "crappy situation" is more a matter of opinion, such as the influx of immigrants across the Southern U..S. Border: sure, it's chaos, but out of that chaos, order *will* arise, and (hopefully!) it will be in accordance with the U.S. Constitution— Which brings me to a particular segment of a dream in which the dreamer heard and spoke the word "donde"— from the Spanish word: "dónde" — (Spanish for "where") and yes, Spanish was definitely the language of the scene, and no, the mind of the dreamer (that would mainly be the way I perceive reality as a whole, one might imagine) was by NO means feeling "fluent," but rather that a single word was being repeated back in the same language in which it was heard.

Now to be clear, I just now "looked up" the word "donde" online to see what it meant. I only knew that sounded exactly like a word I've heard in Spanish phrases in the past. But it was *after* looking it up (and reporting back on it) that I've learned it means "where" (typically as: "where?") only here it was being used more as a term of acknowledgement, similar to how a priest might say "bless you" to a line of passing pilgrims.

Oh yes, the people passing through the dream were in a line, headed in the direction of from "just left of downstage" (which is akin to "backstage, nearly center") to "just left of upstage" (which is closest to the perspective of the audience.) The dreamer's perspective was as if from a perch just *at* or barely above the heads of those walking, and the *direction* they were headed would be akin to *just barely left of* front center stage— That means that if one were walking in that line, the walkers would be headed "upward" (as in northward) just barely to the right, those coming being *from* the (barely) right of center.

I have this *core* belief that the >massive fear< on the right (including political pundits) of immigrants coming into the U.S.A. to be dummy voters for the left is >unnecessary:< the people coming into America are those *fleeing* the tyranny of the left, thus, they are those who are predisposed *towards* moving toward the right, which is why so many of them are coming to America in the present day: Family/God and Country.

Just as has been seen during the previous Trump administration, and largely during the 2022 election cycle, many, *many* Hispanics and other minorities have been voting conservative. (And Hispanics *may* soon, if not already, no longer be considered "minorities" in the U.S.—)

At any rate, here's an historical note "from real life":

Back during somewhere between December 1986 and August 1987, likely closer to Spring (or possibly Winter?) of (early) '87 (?) my then-first-wife (née Mary Beth Stone) looked at me one day (presumably from after a nap?) and just said, matter-of-factly: "You speak Spanish."

There was no lead up to the statement, no follow-up, other than my puzzlement over what she'd just said, and if there was any meaning behind it.

"What??"

"You speak Spanish."

"What's that supposed to mean? I can say 'Buenos dias' and such, und ein bißchen Deutsche, aber kein (but no) Spanish."

Again she said:

"You speak Spanish."

Well, at that time in my life, I was aware that she had the occasional ability to say things that seemed to have meaning yet had yet to "make sense" in my own life, so I left it at that. (She's the one who told me: "I am you, as you are you, as you are me." (Gotta love *that* one!!) It was as if she was giving me the "recipe" as to how to return to a relationship with Gina.)

To this day, I as a person still lack any real ability to put together a Spanish sentence on the fly, as it were, but I can see how at some point in the future, either I have to learn Spanish to get along in the "new America" *or* possibly a child (descendent) of mine may speak it as well as English..

More later. (Re: the "food gang" and "the actors")

Re: 2023/09/18 Monday (I speak Spanish???)

<c8322da4-fdf6-4ad8-8099-f3c058335f61n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2377&group=alt.dreams#2377

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2023 11:24:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: 2023/09/18 Monday (I speak Spanish???)
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Mon, 18 Sep 2023 18:24 UTC

The Food Gang:

There was a group of guys, apart from / other than the dreamer, and something to deal with available food. While a LOT of the details have evaporated, it had *something* to do with slavery: the *group* of guys happened to be somehow submissive to / enslaved by some specific individual (much like how Muslims "submit to Allah.")

The dreamer, who apparently had a relatively healthy supply of food of his own, was observing that the number of guys under the other individual all had to share the *one* guy's meal. That is, think of one guy having a piece of chicken and a side of potato salad to eat for a meal. Now imagine having to divide that one amount between 15 to 20 guys.

Meanwhile, the dreamer had a whole lunch for himself.

The analogy that was immediately apparent upon waking was that it was *very* much akin to the analogy between Islam (20 guys, 1 piece of chicken) and those who love and follow Jesus (one's "daily bread" as it were.)

Clarity was perhaps 11 (spiritually transcendent, applying in both dreamworld as well as "the real world") although the visual clarity was 8-ish.

The Actors: There was something akin to a play being performed and something having to do with the casting call process: there was one guy (possibly with a female assistant?) who was performing the job of matching people (actors / actresses) to their roles. Sadly, all I can remember about this dream at this point was that it was there at some point, due mainly to the fact that I referenced it earlier this morning.

2023/09/19: Tuesday

<345880b9-1595-47f6-bea2-af1cfd5781b9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2378&group=alt.dreams#2378

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 22:13:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/09/19: Tuesday
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 05:13 UTC

Was watching a somewhat fascinating little movie called "Beautiful Creatures" last night during a "free" window into HBO. Unfortunately, I was up LATE watching it... when I got to bed, I slept hard, had two or three dreams, and barely remember this one because I started to write it up around breakfast on Tuesday morning. Now it's just past midnight, going into Wednesday, and about the only thing I remember from that dream I *started* to write about is that there was a section wherein the dreamer felt as if the floor (of about the size of a bedroom area) began to slog backwards and downwards, as if being sucked *into* a black hole.

The dreamer quickly made it to a more stable area of flooring, and I awoke a bit disturbed at the "feeling" that had been conveyed during the dream. At the time, it was clarity 8-ish, but at this point, it's all but "forgotten."