Go slowly to the entertainments of thy friends, but quickly to their misfortunes. -- Chilo

interests / alt.dreams / 2023/08/31: Thursday (afternoon nap dream)

SubjectAuthor
* 2023/08/26 Happy (?) Tenth Anniversary... (*WHAP!*)Richard Silk
+* 2023/08/26 Happy (?) Tenth Anniversary... (*WHAP!*)sandydollar2015@gmail.com
|`- 2023/08/26 Happy (?) Tenth Anniversary... (*WHAP!*)Richard Silk
`* 2023/08/28: Monday: Rock, Home, BearsRichard Silk
 `- 2023/08/31: Thursday (afternoon nap dream)Richard Silk

1
2023/08/26 Happy (?) Tenth Anniversary... (*WHAP!*)

<0d9196f1-154c-4448-993b-374163772251n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1937&group=alt.dreams#1937

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 08:38:40 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/08/26 Happy (?) Tenth Anniversary... (*WHAP!*)
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Sat, 26 Aug 2023 15:38 UTC

So it was 10 years ago this night (in the *wee* early hours of the 27th, *if* I've got my date correct... coulda been the 28th?) when I was working for Olin Temp Services (contracted to Yates, subcontractor to Nissan) on the floor of the Nissan factory in Smyrna, TN, when I was carrying a pre-formed palette off to my right side, to the discard pile, when the bottom of it struck a steel post sticking about 4" or so up out of the concrete, causing the palette to spin (like the spinner on a pin ball machine) thus making a single *WHAP!* to the back of my head.

"(Wow! I coulda had a V-8! Better make sure never to do *that* ever again!)" I thought to myself.

24 hours later, I felt a flushing rush of warmth (as finely focused "heat") flowing *upward* through the back side of my head, where the palette had struck, and a moment later, balance was simply erased right out of me: my right eye went a tad "slack" (the muscle set that focuses the right eyeball with the left eyeball "loosened," *just a touch*) and I found myself leaning against a wall to keep from falling over. (There were a few other issues that were noted thereafter, such as the "zippered" sensation between my left and right sides, affecting the right side of the head and the left side of the body, and *worst* of all, the loss of my singing voice! (due to the zippered effect at the larynx, and possibly the diaphragm as well.)

Long story short: "dain bramage." An either/and/or situation had occurred where the palette had struck the "right, vertebral artery" where it is somehow vulnerable at the back right base of the skull:

EITHER: the artery had a "traumatic dissection" (the consequence supports that possibility) and thus caused an artery occlusion somewhere along the right PICA, causing a stroke, OR a scab had formed at the site of the impact and had flowed loose from the vessel wall (the rush flush of heat) causing a "thrombosis" thus flowing up and occluding the right PICA, OR both.

Regardless, "dain bramage," resulting in both a curse *and* a blessing. (That's all a much longer story.)

That's all for today. The dreams over the past two nights have been enjoyable, it's just that they've simply evaporated moments after waking.

Re: 2023/08/26 Happy (?) Tenth Anniversary... (*WHAP!*)

<e9ee2c22-6dc5-45ac-9133-f00a18538b90n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1939&group=alt.dreams#1939

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 07:19:18 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: 2023/08/26 Happy (?) Tenth Anniversary... (*WHAP!*)
From: sandydol...@gmail.com (sandydollar2015@gmail.com)
 by: sandydollar2015@gmai - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 14:19 UTC

On Saturday, August 26, 2023 at 9:38:41 AM UTC-6, Richard Silk wrote:
> So it was 10 years ago this night (in the *wee* early hours of the 27th, *if* I've got my date correct... coulda been the 28th?) when I was working for Olin Temp Services (contracted to Yates, subcontractor to Nissan) on the floor of the Nissan factory in Smyrna, TN, when I was carrying a pre-formed palette off to my right side, to the discard pile, when the bottom of it struck a steel post sticking about 4" or so up out of the concrete, causing the palette to spin (like the spinner on a pin ball machine) thus making a single *WHAP!* to the back of my head.
>
> "(Wow! I coulda had a V-8! Better make sure never to do *that* ever again!)" I thought to myself.
>
> 24 hours later, I felt a flushing rush of warmth (as finely focused "heat") flowing *upward* through the back side of my head, where the palette had struck, and a moment later, balance was simply erased right out of me: my right eye went a tad "slack" (the muscle set that focuses the right eyeball with the left eyeball "loosened," *just a touch*) and I found myself leaning against a wall to keep from falling over. (There were a few other issues that were noted thereafter, such as the "zippered" sensation between my left and right sides, affecting the right side of the head and the left side of the body, and *worst* of all, the loss of my singing voice! (due to the zippered effect at the larynx, and possibly the diaphragm as well.)
>
> Long story short: "dain bramage." An either/and/or situation had occurred where the palette had struck the "right, vertebral artery" where it is somehow vulnerable at the back right base of the skull:
>
> EITHER: the artery had a "traumatic dissection" (the consequence supports that possibility) and thus caused an artery occlusion somewhere along the right PICA, causing a stroke, OR a scab had formed at the site of the impact and had flowed loose from the vessel wall (the rush flush of heat) causing a "thrombosis" thus flowing up and occluding the right PICA, OR both.
>
> Regardless, "dain bramage," resulting in both a curse *and* a blessing. (That's all a much longer story.)
>
> That's all for today. The dreams over the past two nights have been enjoyable, it's just that they've simply evaporated moments after waking.
Do you think this is a warning dream of what might happen in the near future. Is your cholestrol high?
Sandy$

Re: 2023/08/26 Happy (?) Tenth Anniversary... (*WHAP!*)

<b439c517-6c05-4a56-aca5-2babb722c191n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1941&group=alt.dreams#1941

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 10:31:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 17:31 UTC

On Monday, August 28, 2023 at 9:19:20 AM UTC-5, sandy$ wrote:
> On Saturday, August 26, 2023 at 9:38:41 AM UTC-6, Richard Silk wrote:
> > So it was 10 years ago this night <snip>
> Do you think this is a warning dream of what might happen in the near future. Is your cholestrol high?

No no— it's an actual journal entry of what happened "IRL" ten years ago, that brought me back to being "behind the keyboard" every day.

2023/08/28: Monday: Rock, Home, Bears

<9a5ab3ce-755f-45dc-9f1c-dfaac9c58f34n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1942&group=alt.dreams#1942

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 13:19:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/08/28: Monday: Rock, Home, Bears
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 20:19 UTC

The dreamer was somehow led into (or already inside of) a small cave with a stream flowing out of it. Inside the cave was a small pond of sorts. (There was no indication of seawater or freshwater, so *my* natural assumption is freshwater, which flows out of caves, even if it may have LOTS of minerals in it.)

The dreamer's attention was directed towards the ceiling of the cave, which wasn't very high. Using the *average* sized human body as a type of standard, if one had been standing on an edge of the pool inside the cave, one could easily poke the ceiling.

Now there's the question of whether there were any carvings or inscriptions of any kind within the cave, and *if* there were, they were too obscure to remember. All I can recall is that there was *some* bit of communication within the omniscient, narrative mind of the dreamer.

What happened next was that the dreamer *may* have "poked" at the ceiling, or in some way *touched* it, as there was a somewhat large, round section of ceiling rock, similar in shape to a *large* peanut butter lid *affixed* to the bottom of the top (a round section hanging down from the ceiling.)

The area seemed originally around 5' in width, and maybe 1' in thickness (height— as referenced earlier, shaped like a *large* (upside-down) peanut butter lid. It coulda been smaller. *Exact* lengths are a bit tricky (try defining the *exact* length of a "cubit" to anyone *other than* the one applying one's own forearm as the standard) but *relative* dimensions are a bit easier.)

The moment the dreamer *touched* that area of "rock" (hanging upon / affixed to / *a part of* the rock ceiling of the cave) it fell into the water below. No big "splash" of any kind, but it did land in the water, yet *floated* at / near / upon the surface. (Not sure as to how much of it was submerged, how much was atop— maybe half & half?)
***
AS I WAS TYPING those preceding words: {half & half?)} I heard a sound ("in real life, in real time") coming from my mother's bedroom/bathroom that I greatly prefer to avoid hearing: her body going down as she was crying out in distress on the way down.

Apparently, she landed on the floor in such a way as to in some manner impact her tailbone. (She has *so many incidents* going into, inside, or coming out of her own bathroom that I've simply "lost count.")

I spent some time (IRL) assessing the situation: she reports herself to NOT be an emergency room situation. Personally, I'd get her in for X-Rays just to be sure, but she wants to [take her own time getting up] so I've placed a "service bell" within reach: if she needs me, she'll ring. And although a reader may "see" this as being in some way unsympathetic, believe me, when dealing with the elderly, sometimes the elderly person *wants* (requests) assistance, and sometimes the elderly person *greatly prefers* to do things his or her own way, in one's own time. I'm simply here to *help her* get what *she* wants (or needs) accomplished accomplished— The emergency room is for when there is simply "no other choice."

Meanwhile, back to the dream, as the rock section ("lid") landed in the water, it *floated* downstream, out of the opening of the cave, into the sunlight of the "outdoors."

The dreamer watched it flow, then the dream ended, clarity *definitely* 7 / analogous / symbolic.

(Update: Mom eventually made it up, to the john, and then to lunch out here at the kitchen table, and eventually out to the sunroom, where she is now, a bit aching (of course) and now reporting a sore rib (that she'd not mentioned earlier. I have plans to take her tomorrow in to see her PCP in order to get some X-rays ordered, just to see "what's up"?)

The dream about a home was more of a group-oriented type situation, wherein a number of guys (mostly teens? maybe some 20s?) were inside a home that was *practically* identical to the mobile home I used to live in at 3050 Asbury Lane (from *roughly* the Fall of 1988 or '89 to *roughly* January of 2001) although there was some concern regarding provisions, house rules, order (in contrast to how much chaos/freedom was allowed) structure, etc., typical "guy stuff" :-)

Well, the issue regarding provisions put the dreamer in mind of checking another area of the house (in the dream) and, to "see" this as it was in the dream, please keep in mind that *in real life* (IRL) the home at 3050 was a *single wide* of about 69' x 14'. *In the dream,* however, it was suddenly a *double-wide* and the dreamer found himself (??) in "the other half" of the home, which was something of a surprise to the dreamer!

"I'd [somehow] forgotten this part of the house exists!"

The lighting had a warmer, softer tone to it, something of a *hint* of soft, warm yellow with pink hues here and there, giving the dreamer a definitely "female" impression of the area. In fact, it was as if there were a *handful* or so of females living there, rather than guys, *as if* it may have been one of those secret shelters for abused women seeking safety and security.

At any rate, the dreamer looked inside one of the shelves only to find it *packed* with food items, *similar* in shape and appearance to bags of chips (roughly 11"–14" tall, 3" wide) all lined up neatly (like books on a shelf) throughout that cabinet space.

There was perhaps a bit more to this dream, but the activity of getting Mom up off the floor, etc., lunch, etc., has fairly well evaporated any of the other details, although there were few details to begin with. Clarity 8+/9-.

About those bears: There was a hint of an earlier portion of the dream, wherein the dreamer had been playing with a black bear cub, *in the same manner* / attitude of someone who might play with young animals at a petting zoo, without inhibitions or concerns of any kind, without any malice or hint of hunting / predating. Just good ol' "animal friendship."

The dream actually "picks up" with the dreamer doing some weed-whacking along a driveway, *similar* to (yet slightly different from) the south side of the east-west running driveway (again) at 3050 Asbury Lane, as if facing north, using something possibly stronger than just a string trimmer, possibly more along the lines of a device with either spinning chains or possibly a spinning circular blade (and yes, they do make *both* of those IRL.)

At any rate, the dreamer was whacking weeds along the driveway when the bear cub was spotted, off to the dreamer's right (east) slightly ahead of rather than behind. IF the bear cub had been a weed, it would have been whacked after *around* 20' of whacking to the right.

*This* time, the dreamer was aware of the proverbial bear cub's *mother* and, sure enough, *she* was about 15' (±) off to the left, *perhaps directly* left (west) of (and looking directly *at*) the dreamer (perhaps seeing both the dreamer *and* her cub in the same line of sight.)

About this time, there was a mental type of conversation going on in the mind of the dreamer, sort of like, [Shouldn't there be a fear reaction?] [What's there to fear?] [I'm between a mamma bear and her cub.] [Weren't you playing with the cub earlier?] (a moment of recollection / recognition) [Don't you think she's been watching you this whole time? Of course, threaten her cub in any way, and things may change!]

So at this point, the dreamer thought: [Perhaps I'd best just go back to what I was doing (weed whacking) and be mindful of my surroundings] at which point the dream ended, no bear attack, no attacking bear, just whacking weeds / end of dream, clarity 9-ish.

2023/08/31: Thursday (afternoon nap dream)

<356a62e9-9fa5-4d4e-ad90-a8a2c4414224n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2364&group=alt.dreams#2364

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 13:37:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/08/31: Thursday (afternoon nap dream)
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Thu, 31 Aug 2023 20:37 UTC

So last night (evening of the 30th) was a "blue moon / super moon" and I actually helped my elderly mother to "see" it rising (though the trees) in the east. She also saw it (later) through the kitchen window, and it was rather high and unobscured (other than through the window panes) so all in all, that went fairly well.

While I am unable (at this time) to recall anything from the night's dreams, this afternoon, I had a mid-morning nap on the couch and experienced this one:

The dreamer was as if in a classroom, as if in high school English (or such) and the teacher was a female, around 30s, ±, with red hair, and (bright?) *green* eyes. (Not *quite* the color of Gina's, which run a shade deeper greener, closer to hazel, but *green*!)

She was saying something about a [question] within the phrase "sleeping peacefully," as if there was a question as to whether it was a "true phrase" or a "lie"— Please note, that *during* the dream, this conversation was *less than* totally, audibly "clear," yet flowed fairly well as could be expected, maybe audio clarity 9-ish, ±.

The dreamer replied with "Lie" as if it were an answer to her question, and there may have been a bit of reply, as if to ask for a clearer suggestion or possibly a reason as to why it was a lie, and the dreamer replied with "sleeping pleasantly," as if to say that the physical act of sleeping isn't quite a moment of "true peace," but that was not spoken aloud, as much of the dream (as is much of many of my dreams) was more like a mental flow than physical speech, yet that "sleeping pleasantly" *is* the logically TRUE condition.

Well, the teacher looked *directly at* the dreamer, and the *interesting* part of this was seeing the pupils in her eyes *visibly* ***narrow!***

The dream ended as the dreamer and the teacher were looking at each other, as the dreamer's focus was *possibly* directly from the dreamer's right-eye perspective into the teacher's left eye, but it was more like a direct lock: each eye-to-each eye (which is actually *very* hard to do, IRL, when you think about it.) Clarity 10-.