From: vjp2...@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com
Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Subject: Walmart cancels my orders
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 23:36:08 -0000 (UTC)
 by: vjp2...@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 23:36 UTC

I have walmart persistently refusing or cancelling my orders, forcing me to
switch to a new payment methond every two weeks. I am told this is because I
moved three hours away and my new address looks suspicious, then that my
phone and email were not verified (now they are and it still happens). Then
that I am ordering too much (well, because I moved). It seems the staff when
you call are clueless and the marmelenials who program their website must be,
too. My family has been using computers for three generation so this
behavior is just bizarre. It is nerve racking. When I used walmart at my old
residence, I didn't have such issues.

I now want to set up a monthly groceries order with them, but for that I want
to use a specific account (which they reject). WHat recourse do I have? How
do I contact someone sufficiently up the chain of command to fix this.

--
Vasos Panagiotopoulos panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm

Re: Walmart cancels my orders

<5fb77250-d7bb-43a2-8072-388d844ad4bfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2365&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#2365

Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 03:01:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Walmart cancels my orders
From: dakadl...@gmail.com (Dim Witte)
 by: Dim Witte - Mon, 21 Aug 2023 10:01 UTC

On Wednesday, August 16, 2023 at 3:36:13 PM UTC-8, vjp...@at.biostrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
> I have walmart persistently refusing or cancelling my orders, forcing me to
> switch to a new payment methond every two weeks. I am told this is because I
> moved three hours away and my new address looks suspicious, then that my
> phone and email were not verified (now they are and it still happens). Then
> that I am ordering too much (well, because I moved). It seems the staff when
> you call are clueless and the marmelenials who program their website must be,
> too. My family has been using computers for three generation so this
> behavior is just bizarre. It is nerve racking. When I used walmart at my old
> residence, I didn't have such issues.
>
> I now want to set up a monthly groceries order with them, but for that I want
> to use a specific account (which they reject). WHat recourse do I have? How
> do I contact someone sufficiently up the chain of command to fix this.
>
> --
> Vasos Panagiotopoulos panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm
> ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---

Suggest you discontinue using Instacart delivery, because I had several mis-deliveries served by them from Walmart and Fred Meyer. These are preferred stores for shopping, but I now purchase directly, using their discount card. I do use Amazon delivery service, which uses USPS, not just UPS, is good about returns and cancellations, and allows fast and free delivery with Prime .