From: m...@m.com (World90)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: My portable and efficient implementation of a future in Delphi and
FreePascal was updated to version 1.31
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 20:13:01 -0400
 by: World90 - Sun, 30 May 2021 00:13 UTC

Hello,

My portable and efficient implementation of a future in Delphi and
FreePascal was updated to version 1.31

I have just added support for exceptions, so you have to know that
programming with futures is asynchronous programming, but so that
to be robust the future implementation has to deal correctly
with "exceptions", so in my implementation of a future when an exception
is raised inside the future you will receive the exception, so
i have implemented two things: The HasException() method so that to
detect the exception from inside the future, and the the exception and
its address is returned as a string in the ExceptionStr property, and my
implementation of a future does of course support passing parameters as
a pointer to the future, also my implementation of a future works in
Windows and Linux.

You can download my portable and efficient implementation of a future in
Delphi and FreePascal version 1.31 from my website here:

https://sites.google.com/site/scalable68/a-portable-and-efficient-implementation-of-a-future-in-delphi-and-freepascal

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

interests / soc.culture.china / My portable and efficient implementation of a future in Delphi and FreePascal was updated to version 1.31