I am a deeply superficial person. -- Andy Warhol

interests / misc.consumers.frugal-living / Re: Another 401k question

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Another 401k questiongggg gggg
`- Re: Another 401k questiongggg gggg

1
Re: Another 401k question

<190df8f9-39a1-4393-a47a-ecb4afabc263n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2210&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#2210

Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 21:26:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Another 401k question
From: ggggg9...@gmail.com (gggg gggg)
 by: gggg gggg - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 04:26 UTC

https://news.yahoo.com/finance/news/lost-400k-retirement-savings-roth-174006044.html

Re: Another 401k question

<c6934837-048f-484b-9aa4-fd8735a25ac3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2339&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#2339

Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2023 18:54:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: ggggg9...@gmail.com (gggg gggg)
 by: gggg gggg - Thu, 10 Aug 2023 01:54 UTC

On Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 9:27:00 PM UTC-7, wrote:
> [...]
> > the distribution, I would essentially do that immediately, with all of
> > my "free" cash going to pay off the house. While I know that I would
> > be forfeiting something down the line, it seems that consolidation
> > loans and other types of "tools" only seem to change the parameters,
> > but not the debt. The risk of going back into cc debt is mitigated by
> > having tried to cut back over the past 18 months. Yes, it is a bad
> > situation, but mathematically, it seems that cutting my losses now
> > seemed better than trying to pay things off over along period of time.
> > Is there anything I have not factored into the equation of taking the
> > distribution other than an estimated 30% tax and 10% penalty on the
> > gross distribution (other penalties, etc.) ?
> > Are there other tools should I consider (moving is not an option, as
> > the lawyer fees, etc., would eat much more than the 10% tax penalty of

(2023 Youtube upload):

"RED FLAG: Americans Draining 401ks | Counter Points"