From: 51c7908e...@example.com (Corey)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Re: Black drywall screws and metal slivers
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 04:31:42 +0000
 by: Corey - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 04:31 UTC

I've got this problem now. Everyone with their comments about how to buy better screws but no one addressing the hack to remove the metal splinters. I was able to pull a couple out, but most are deep. I tried a small magnet, no luck. Tried peroxide hoping the bubbling action would work them out. Tried gorilla tape hoping it might pull them out. Tried soaking my fingers in the shower. Nothing. Hopefully they work themselves out naturally? How'd you make out? Hurts like hell, especially from fabric, like opening a bedsheet or putting on a Tshirt when I slide my fingers "against the grain," or in the opposite direct the sheetrock screw metal entered my fingers.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/black-drywall-screws-and-metal-slivers-252197-.htm

Re: Black drywall screws and metal slivers

<t36e1h$sg7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23295&group=alt.home.repair#23295

From: Wad...@cooler.net (Wade Garrett)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 08:00:47 -0400
 by: Wade Garrett - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 12:00 UTC

On 4/13/22 12:31 AM, Corey wrote:
> I've got this problem now.  Everyone with their comments about how to
> buy better screws but no one addressing the hack to remove the metal
> splinters.  I was able to pull a couple out, but most are deep.  I tried
> a small magnet, no luck.  Tried peroxide hoping the bubbling action
> would work them out.  Tried gorilla tape hoping it might pull them out.
> Tried soaking my fingers in the shower.  Nothing.  Hopefully they work
> themselves out naturally?  How'd you make out?  Hurts like hell,
> especially from fabric, like opening a bedsheet or putting on a Tshirt
> when I slide my fingers "against the grain," or in the opposite direct
> the sheetrock screw metal entered my fingers.

Maybe go to the doctor?

--
Do women ever sit back and think: you know, my man sure does know a lot.
Maybe I should just be quiet and listen to him

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: Black drywall screws and metal slivers