Fat people of the world unite, we've got nothing to lose!

interests / misc.consumers.frugal-living / Re: "Nice house for $5 tip"

SubjectAuthor
* "Nice house for $5 tip"Lenona
`- Re: "Nice house for $5 tip"The Real Bev

1
"Nice house for $5 tip"

<14f86eef-6364-4f60-b7af-f90a769dbc11n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2299&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#2299

Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2023 13:03:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: "Nice house for $5 tip"
From: lenona...@yahoo.com (Lenona)
 by: Lenona - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 20:03 UTC

You may have heard by now.

Granted, as Miss Manners once said: "It is vulgar to notice how much money other people make."

And most of the commentators agree - and claim that the driver, in addition to being rude and entitled, didn't do the math.

But a couple of comments made me wonder if the drivers are, in fact, being ripped off by DoorDash.

"DoorDash driver curses woman out for 25% tip on $20 order: ‘Nice house for $5 tip’ "

https://nypost.com/2023/07/04/doordash-driver-curses-woman-out-for-25-percent-tip-on-20-order/

Roger Heil
42 minutes ago

It is impossible to do the math when you are not informed of one of the values you need to solve the equation. We drivers do not see how much your items cost. $5 might be 25% or it might be 3%, we dont know because we are not told what the total is. The only information we can use to make our decision is mileage, number of stops, and the amount we will be paid for the job.

Danielle Christoff
8 minutes ago

You're completely wrong!! It (a 25% tip) is only generous AT A RESTAURANT! it's a luxury service and should be treated accordingly...a waitress doesn't drive your food to your home IN HER OWN CAR and her own gas and time....when a driver traverses traffic, and whatever other conditions, to bring you a warm meal - it takes approx 30-45 min when the customer is 10 miles away.. The only income is the tip in almost all cases. So you feel a driver should earn less than half the minimum wage to bring you dinner? You should also expect it cold, tossed around, and sampled...you get what you pay for.

Re: "Nice house for $5 tip"

<u85d89$qh4g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2300&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#2300

From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Subject: Re: "Nice house for $5 tip"
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2023 20:43:03 -0700
 by: The Real Bev - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 03:43 UTC

On 7/5/23 1:03 PM, Lenona wrote:

> You're completely wrong!! It (a 25% tip) is only generous AT A RESTAURANT! it's a luxury service and should be treated accordingly...a waitress doesn't drive your food to your home IN HER OWN CAR and her own gas and time....when a driver traverses traffic, and whatever other conditions, to bring you a warm meal - it takes approx 30-45 min when the customer is 10 miles away. The only income is the tip in almost all cases. So you feel a driver should earn less than half the minimum wage to bring you dinner? You should also expect it cold, tossed around, and sampled...you get what you pay for.

Seriously? How do businesses get away with paying NOTHING? I NEVER
have food (or anything else) delivered by a human -- it's not worth ANY
premium, much less a bigger tip than I'd leave in a restaurant.

"Luxury" is paying somebody to change my oil.

--
Cheers, Bev
Sign on restroom hand-dryer: