Talent does what it can. Genius does what it must. You do what you get paid to do.

interests / soc.culture.china / Former WWE Champion John Cena Apologizes After Calling Taiwan a Country

SubjectAuthor
* Former WWE Champion John Cena Apologizes After Calling Taiwan a Countryltlee1
`* Re: Former WWE Champion John Cena Apologizes After Calling Taiwan akaka
 `- Re: Former WWE Champion John Cena Apologizes After Calling Taiwan a CountryByker

1
Former WWE Champion John Cena Apologizes After Calling Taiwan a Country

<f42b6533-66e0-4356-842d-9fa0cffc248fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2295&group=soc.culture.china#2295

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 08:10:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Former WWE Champion John Cena Apologizes After Calling Taiwan a Country
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Tue, 25 May 2021 15:10 UTC

"U.S. actor and former World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. champion John Cena apologized for describing Taiwan as a country in a promotional video for his latest movie, saying sorry in Mandarin after the comments triggered a backlash in China.

Cena made the apology in a clip posted Tuesday on his official Weibo account, a Chinese social media platform like Twitter. He had earlier this month indicated that Taiwan was a country in a video promoting his film “Fast & Furious 9,” according to China’s state-run Global Times newspaper.

“I made a mistake. I must say now that, very very very importantly, I love and respect China and Chinese people,” Cena said in Chinese in the video, without elaborating further.

The apology video triggered further anger on Chinese social media, where users denounced Cena for not stating that Taiwan was part of China. Beijing argues that democratically-run Taiwan is part of its territory, and has in recent years increased diplomatic pressure on the Taipei government and other nations that recognize its legitimacy."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-25/movie-star-john-cena-apologizes-after-calling-taiwan-a-country

When is a country a country has well defined and well accepted textbook definition. Among other criteria, it must have both Internal and external legitimacy. Taiwan, officially the ROC (The Republic of China), lacks external legitimacy because it was not recognized as an independent country by almost all nations.

However, most English language media such as Bloomberg kind of hide of the truth from their readers most of the time. Why can't Bloomberg.com inform the readers the truth?

Re: Former WWE Champion John Cena Apologizes After Calling Taiwan a Country

<s8ls2i$keb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2304&group=soc.culture.china#2304

From: toi...@tr.com (kaka)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: Former WWE Champion John Cena Apologizes After Calling Taiwan a
Country
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 00:13:15 +0800
 by: kaka - Wed, 26 May 2021 16:13 UTC

On 25/5/2021 11:10 pm, ltlee1 wrote:
> "U.S. actor and former World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. champion John Cena apologized for describing Taiwan as a country in a promotional video for his latest movie, saying sorry in Mandarin after the comments triggered a backlash in China.
>
> Cena made the apology in a clip posted Tuesday on his official Weibo account, a Chinese social media platform like Twitter. He had earlier this month indicated that Taiwan was a country in a video promoting his film “Fast & Furious 9,” according to China’s state-run Global Times newspaper.
>
> “I made a mistake. I must say now that, very very very importantly, I love and respect China and Chinese people,” Cena said in Chinese in the video, without elaborating further.
>
> The apology video triggered further anger on Chinese social media, where users denounced Cena for not stating that Taiwan was part of China. Beijing argues that democratically-run Taiwan is part of its territory, and has in recent years increased diplomatic pressure on the Taipei government and other nations that recognize its legitimacy."
>
> https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-25/movie-star-john-cena-apologizes-after-calling-taiwan-a-country
>
> When is a country a country has well defined and well accepted textbook definition. Among other criteria, it must have both Internal and external legitimacy. Taiwan, officially the ROC (The Republic of China), lacks external legitimacy because it was not recognized as an independent country by almost all nations.
>
> However, most English language media such as Bloomberg kind of hide of the truth from their readers most of the time. Why can't Bloomberg.com inform the readers the truth?

This guy John Cena was bribed in order to follow the orchestrated
wording "Taiwan is a country". He should know for years, Taiwan is part
of China.

Re: Former WWE Champion John Cena Apologizes After Calling Taiwan a Country

<drudnW6ljpt4EDP9nZ2dnUU7-QvNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2305&group=soc.culture.china#2305

Path: i2pn2.org!rocksolid2!news.neodome.net!news.mixmin.net!sewer!alphared!2.eu.feeder.erje.net!feeder.erje.net!newsfeed.xs4all.nl!newsfeed7.news.xs4all.nl!tr3.eu1.usenetexpress.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr1.iad1.usenetexpress.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!buffer2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.earthlink.com!news.earthlink.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.misc,sci.military.naval,soc.culture.taiwan
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 13:05:24 -0500
 by: Byker - Wed, 26 May 2021 18:05 UTC

"kaka" wrote in message news:s8ls2i$keb$1@dont-email.me...

> This guy John Cena was bribed in order to follow the orchestrated wording
> "Taiwan is a country". He should know for years, Taiwan is part of China.

But only on paper...

interests / soc.culture.china / Former WWE Champion John Cena Apologizes After Calling Taiwan a Country