From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Newsgroups: or.politics,alt.law-enforcement
Subject: Re: Here's a big reason to Defund the Police
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 08:04:11 -0700
 by: a425couple - Fri, 18 Jun 2021 15:04 UTC

On 6/17/2021 8:02 PM, Baxter wrote:
> Entire Portland Police crowd control unit resigns after officer indicted on
> protest assault charge
>
> https://abcnews.go.com/US/entire-portland-police-crowd-control-unit-
> resigns-officer/story?id=78342360
>
> ===============
>
> So instead of good cops weeding out the bad, they join ranks with them.

Baxter distorts greatly.

Those officers decided that doing the voluntary duty
of crowd control in Portland was no longer worth
the risks.

Re: Here's a big reason to Defund the Police

<saiej5$1ip9$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2286&group=alt.law-enforcement#2286

From: bax02_sp...@baxcode.com (Baxter)
Newsgroups: or.politics,alt.law-enforcement
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 15:37:10 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Baxter - Fri, 18 Jun 2021 15:37 UTC

a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com> wrote in

> On 6/17/2021 8:02 PM, Baxter wrote:
>> Entire Portland Police crowd control unit resigns after officer
>> indicted on protest assault charge
>>
>> https://abcnews.go.com/US/entire-portland-police-crowd-control-unit-
>> resigns-officer/story?id=78342360
>>
>> ===============
>>
>> So instead of good cops weeding out the bad, they join ranks with
>> them.
>>
> Baxter distorts greatly.
>
> Those officers decided that doing the voluntary duty
> of crowd control in Portland was no longer worth
> the risks.

That's the wrongtard Talking Point, and they'll stick with it regardless
of facts.

Volunteer? No, they were paid. Nor was this officer the only one -
there is at least one other under invesigation.

Re: Here's a big reason to Defund the Police

<sajcdc0rql@news4.newsguy.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2288&group=alt.law-enforcement#2288

From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Newsgroups: or.politics,alt.law-enforcement
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 17:06:05 -0700
 by: a425couple - Sat, 19 Jun 2021 00:06 UTC

On 6/18/2021 8:37 AM, Baxter wrote:
> a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> On 6/17/2021 8:02 PM, Baxter wrote:
>>> Entire Portland Police crowd control unit resigns after officer
>>> indicted on protest assault charge
>>>
>>> https://abcnews.go.com/US/entire-portland-police-crowd-control-unit-
>>> resigns-officer/story?id=78342360
>>>
>>> ===============
>>>
>>> So instead of good cops weeding out the bad, they join ranks with
>>> them.
>>>
>> Baxter distorts greatly.
>>
>> Those officers decided that doing the voluntary duty
>> of crowd control in Portland was no longer worth
>> the risks.
>>
> That's the wrongtard Talking Point, and they'll stick with it regardless
> of facts.
>
> Volunteer? No, they were paid. Nor was this officer the only one -
> there is at least one other under invesigation.

Paid the regular pay they always get.
They volunteered to be in this unit that was
expected to do crowd control. Crowd control
keeps becoming more dangerous in all regards,
and becomes less satisfying when the people
throwing objects at the police are not prosecuted,
yet if the officers make a mistake, they are
criminally charged.

Re: Here's a big reason to Defund the Police

<sajhm0$1kj5$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2289&group=alt.law-enforcement#2289

From: bax02_sp...@baxcode.com (Baxter)
Newsgroups: or.politics,alt.law-enforcement
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 01:36:00 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Baxter - Sat, 19 Jun 2021 01:36 UTC

> On 6/18/2021 8:37 AM, Baxter wrote:
>> a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com> wrote in

>>> Baxter distorts greatly.
>>>
>>> Those officers decided that doing the voluntary duty
>>> of crowd control in Portland was no longer worth
>>> the risks.
>>>
>> That's the wrongtard Talking Point, and they'll stick with it
regardless
>> of facts.
>>
>> Volunteer? No, they were paid. Nor was this officer the only one -
>> there is at least one other under invesigation.
>>
> Paid the regular pay they always get.
> They volunteered to be in this unit that was
> expected to do crowd control. Crowd control
> keeps becoming more dangerous in all regards,
> and becomes less satisfying when the people
> throwing objects at the police are not prosecuted,
> yet if the officers make a mistake, they are
> criminally charged.

Ah, no, the police are very, very rarely criminally charged. There are
thousands of reports of police brutality, hundreds of cases where the
city settles with the protester, but only a small handful of police are
every criminally charged. This is one of those very few cases, and all
those "good cops" are proving they are not at all Good Cops - they are
siding with a criminal.

Re: Here's a big reason to Defund the Police

<sajhrm$1kj5$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2290&group=alt.law-enforcement#2290

From: bax02_sp...@baxcode.com (Baxter)
Newsgroups: or.politics,alt.law-enforcement
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 01:39:02 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Baxter - Sat, 19 Jun 2021 01:39 UTC

Baxter <bax02_spamblock@baxcode.com> wrote in news:sajhm0$1kj5$1
@gioia.aioe.org:

> a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> On 6/18/2021 8:37 AM, Baxter wrote:
>>> a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com> wrote in

>>> That's the wrongtard Talking Point, and they'll stick with it
> regardless
>>> of facts.
>>>
>>> Volunteer? No, they were paid. Nor was this officer the only one -
>>> there is at least one other under invesigation.
>>>
>> Paid the regular pay they always get.
>> They volunteered to be in this unit that was
>> expected to do crowd control. Crowd control
>> keeps becoming more dangerous in all regards,
>> and becomes less satisfying when the people
>> throwing objects at the police are not prosecuted,
>> yet if the officers make a mistake, they are
>> criminally charged.
>>

> Ah, no, the police are very, very rarely criminally charged. There are
> thousands of reports of police brutality, hundreds of cases where the
> city settles with the protester, but only a small handful of police are
> every criminally charged. This is one of those very few cases, and all
> those "good cops" are proving they are not at all Good Cops - they are
> siding with a criminal.

And, BTW, I don't hear/see you jumping up to defend the Capitol police
that were involved in the Jan 6 insurrection. Where's your defence of
the cop that shot the terrorist trying to break into the chamber and
possibly murder Congresspeople?