"Life sucks, but it's better than the alternative." -- Peter da Silva

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: Americans and extra words

SubjectAuthor
* Americans and extra wordsDean Hoffman
+* Americans and extra wordsRod Speed
|`* Americans and extra wordsDean Hoffman
| +- Americans and extra wordsRod Speed
| `- Americans and extra wordsT
`* Americans and extra wordsCommander Kinsey
 `- Americans and extra wordsT

1
Re: Americans and extra words

<bd9c606e-8b18-49e7-83bb-8289c109e936n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=22591&group=alt.home.repair#22591

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 07:44:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Americans and extra words
From: deanh6...@gmail.com (Dean Hoffman)
 by: Dean Hoffman - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 14:44 UTC

On Sunday, April 3, 2022 at 7:08:03 PM UTC-5, Commander Kinsey wrote:

> >> Marriage is an antiquated religious piece of shite.

> >> Good at grabbing it from your wallet?

> >> Get your head out of the clouds.
> >

> > Hi Kinsey,
> >
> > All our assets are jointly help. Her idea of a
> > "splurge" is $3.99 for an Amazon ebook.
> >
> > I overheard my wife telling her sister that no matter
> > what, he will always have her back. And indeed that
> > is true, as she will mine. We will hold each other's
> > hands right up to the fulfillment of the marriage
> > contact.
> >
> > She has a labor intensive physical illness
> > that most spouses walk away from, but not me.
> > Nor she if something happens to me.
> >
> > Can any shack up actually hope for anything close?
> > Can a secular marriage hope for the same?
> >
> > This is what a religious marriage brings. God
> > is the head of our household and all problems
> > we can't solve with each other are put to God.
> > Religious marriage is an active mystery (the
> > western church calls them sacraments) with God.
> >
> > You will understand when you finally catch religion.
> > You will understand what it means to have God
> > gift you a wonderful, precious woman.
> >
> > Men and women are two halves of a greater whole.
> >
> > Almost 48 years now. And in case anyone
> > reading this is from the PRC (Peoples Republic of
> > California), that is to the SAME woman.
> None of the above is anything to with religion, it's to do with someone being a good person.
> > God loves you Kinsey. He will wait for you.
> If he loves me when I don't pray, then why do religious nuts bother praying?

Because it helps us to acknowledge we're not the top dog. The Serenity Prayer
is good philosophy whether one is religious or not.

Re: Americans and extra words

<op.1j7w0gs2byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=22613&group=alt.home.repair#22613

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2022 05:13:18 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 19:13 UTC

Dean Hoffman <deanh6929@gmail.com> wrote
> Commander Kinsey wrote
>> T <T...@invalid.invalid> wrote
>>> Commander Kinsey wrote

>> > Hi Kinsey,
>> >
>> > All our assets are jointly help. Her idea of a
>> > "splurge" is $3.99 for an Amazon ebook.
>> >
>> > I overheard my wife telling her sister that no matter
>> > what, he will always have her back. And indeed that
>> > is true, as she will mine. We will hold each other's
>> > hands right up to the fulfillment of the marriage
>> > contact.
>> >
>> > She has a labor intensive physical illness
>> > that most spouses walk away from, but not me.
>> > Nor she if something happens to me.
>> >
>> > Can any shack up actually hope for anything close?
>> > Can a secular marriage hope for the same?
>> >
>> > This is what a religious marriage brings. God
>> > is the head of our household and all problems
>> > we can't solve with each other are put to God.
>> > Religious marriage is an active mystery (the
>> > western church calls them sacraments) with God.
>> >
>> > You will understand when you finally catch religion.
>> > You will understand what it means to have God
>> > gift you a wonderful, precious woman.
>> >
>> > Men and women are two halves of a greater whole.
>> >
>> > Almost 48 years now. And in case anyone
>> > reading this is from the PRC (Peoples Republic of
>> > California), that is to the SAME woman.
>> None of the above is anything to with religion, it's to do with someone
>> being a good person.
>> > God loves you Kinsey. He will wait for you.

>> If he loves me when I don't pray, then why do religious nuts bother
>> praying?
>
> Because it helps us to acknowledge we're not the top dog. The
> Serenity Prayer is good philosophy whether one is religious or not.

That isn't true of living one day at a time.

Or asking some cloud fairy for that stuff either.

Re: Americans and extra words

<a4b050e2-ac76-4939-b49c-50177f128071n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=22686&group=alt.home.repair#22686

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 15:36:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: deanh6...@gmail.com (Dean Hoffman)
 by: Dean Hoffman - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 22:36 UTC

On Wednesday, April 6, 2022 at 2:13:28 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:
> Dean Hoffman <dean...@gmail.com> wrote
> > Commander Kinsey wrote
> >> T <T...@invalid.invalid> wrote

> >> None of the above is anything to with religion, it's to do with someone
> >> being a good person.
>
> >> If he loves me when I don't pray, then why do religious nuts bother
> >> praying?
> >
> > Because it helps us to acknowledge we're not the top dog. The
> > Serenity Prayer is good philosophy whether one is religious or not.
> That isn't true of living one day at a time.
>
> Or asking some cloud fairy for that stuff either.

A basic tenet of Alcoholics Anonymous is that we turn our drinking problems over
to a higher power since we can't handle it.
The Serenity Prayer is a common feature at the meetings I've attended.
A helpful thing to do for someone hoping to sober up is to delay having that drink
for a minute, an hour, a day.
I was a falling down drunk years ago. I'm sober today because of what God did
for me through His Son a couple thousand years ago. I'm sober today because of
what God continues to do for me every day because of His Son.
Please spend some time researching Biblical archeology. Tradition says the Apostles
with the exception ofJohn were tortured to death. They were killed in separate places and
could've escaped death by renouncing Jesus.

Re: Americans and extra words

<op.1j770xa1byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=22690&group=alt.home.repair#22690

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2022 09:11:11 +1000
<op.1jyp96r1mvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <t27p3j$qsf$1@dont-email.me>
<t289kj$n5f$4@dont-email.me> <t28b3a$fj3$1@dont-email.me>
<op.1jy7a4jgmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <t28hlq$1su$1@dont-email.me>
<op.1jzcao1wmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <t28nvb$l2r$1@dont-email.me>
<op.1j0mtlx4mvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <t2bnnd$r6q$1@dont-email.me>
<op.1j2qnhl5mvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<bd9c606e-8b18-49e7-83bb-8289c109e936n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1j7w0gs2byq249@pvr2.lan>
<a4b050e2-ac76-4939-b49c-50177f128071n@googlegroups.com>
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 23:11 UTC

Dean Hoffman <deanh6929@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Dean Hoffman <dean...@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Commander Kinsey wrote

>> someone

>> > Because it helps us to acknowledge we're not the top dog. The
>> > Serenity Prayer is good philosophy whether one is religious or not.

>> That isn't true of living one day at a time.

>> Or asking some cloud fairy for that stuff either.

> A basic tenet of Alcoholics Anonymous is that we turn our drinking
> problems over to a higher power since we can't handle it.

Problem is that there is no higher power.

> The Serenity Prayer is a common feature at the meetings I've attended.

That live for one day at a time might make sense for drunks,
but doesn't for everyone else. Most benefit from some planning.

> A helpful thing to do for someone hoping to sober up isto delay having
> that drink for a minute, an hour, a day.

But non drunks don't need to do that.

> I was a falling down drunk years ago. I'm sober today because of what
> God did for me through His Son a couple thousand years ago.

Nope, because you managed to stop being a falling down drunk.

> I'm sober today because of what God continuesto do for me every day
> because of His Son.

How odd that that arsehole allowed you to become
a falling down drunk just to get you to grovel to it.

> Please spend some time researching Biblical archeology.

Did that before you were even born thanks.

Not a bad effort for illiterate goat
herders but makes no sense anymore.

> Tradition says the Apostles with theexception ofJohn were tortured to
> death. They were killed in separate places and
> could've escaped death by renouncing Jesus.

But it is far from clear if that is actually what happened
or whether it is just another silly fairy story like turning
water into wine, parting the red sea, demolishing walls
with lots of trumpet blowing, Noah, Adam and Eve etc.

Re: Americans and extra words

<op.1j78kfogmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=22692&group=alt.home.repair#22692

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2022 00:22:53 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 23:22 UTC

On Wed, 06 Apr 2022 15:44:51 +0100, Dean Hoffman <deanh6929@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, April 3, 2022 at 7:08:03 PM UTC-5, Commander Kinsey wrote:

>> > Hi Kinsey,
>> >
>> > All our assets are jointly help. Her idea of a
>> > "splurge" is $3.99 for an Amazon ebook.
>> >
>> > I overheard my wife telling her sister that no matter
>> > what, he will always have her back. And indeed that
>> > is true, as she will mine. We will hold each other's
>> > hands right up to the fulfillment of the marriage
>> > contact.
>> >
>> > She has a labor intensive physical illness
>> > that most spouses walk away from, but not me.
>> > Nor she if something happens to me.
>> >
>> > Can any shack up actually hope for anything close?
>> > Can a secular marriage hope for the same?
>> >
>> > This is what a religious marriage brings. God
>> > is the head of our household and all problems
>> > we can't solve with each other are put to God.
>> > Religious marriage is an active mystery (the
>> > western church calls them sacraments) with God.
>> >
>> > You will understand when you finally catch religion.
>> > You will understand what it means to have God
>> > gift you a wonderful, precious woman.
>> >
>> > Men and women are two halves of a greater whole.
>> >
>> > Almost 48 years now. And in case anyone
>> > reading this is from the PRC (Peoples Republic of
>> > California), that is to the SAME woman.
>> None of the above is anything to with religion, it's to do with someone being a good person.
>> > God loves you Kinsey. He will wait for you.
>> If he loves me when I don't pray, then why do religious nuts bother praying?
>
> Because it helps us to acknowledge we're not the top dog. The Serenity Prayer
> is good philosophy whether one is religious or not.

You waste all that time just to feel good?

Re: Americans and extra words

<t2lfcg$i4s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=22719&group=alt.home.repair#22719

From: T...@invalid.invalid (T)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 18:39:28 -0700
<op.1jyp96r1mvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <t27p3j$qsf$1@dont-email.me>
<t289kj$n5f$4@dont-email.me> <t28b3a$fj3$1@dont-email.me>
<op.1jy7a4jgmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <t28hlq$1su$1@dont-email.me>
<op.1jzcao1wmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <t28nvb$l2r$1@dont-email.me>
<op.1j0mtlx4mvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <t2bnnd$r6q$1@dont-email.me>
<op.1j2qnhl5mvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<bd9c606e-8b18-49e7-83bb-8289c109e936n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1j78kfogmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
 by: T - Thu, 7 Apr 2022 01:39 UTC

On 4/6/22 16:22, Commander Kinsey wrote:
>>   Because it helps us to acknowledge we're not the top dog.   The Serenity Prayer
>>
>> is good philosophy whether one is religious or not.
>
> You waste all that time just to feel good?
Could it possible be that this mass GLOBAL delusion
might just possibly have something to it?
Our personal relationships with God are very, very
real to us.

Re: Americans and extra words

<t2lfe0$i4s$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=22720&group=alt.home.repair#22720

From: T...@invalid.invalid (T)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 18:40:16 -0700
<op.1jyp96r1mvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <t27p3j$qsf$1@dont-email.me>
<t289kj$n5f$4@dont-email.me> <t28b3a$fj3$1@dont-email.me>
<op.1jy7a4jgmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <t28hlq$1su$1@dont-email.me>
<op.1jzcao1wmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <t28nvb$l2r$1@dont-email.me>
<op.1j0mtlx4mvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <t2bnnd$r6q$1@dont-email.me>
<op.1j2qnhl5mvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<bd9c606e-8b18-49e7-83bb-8289c109e936n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1j7w0gs2byq249@pvr2.lan>
<a4b050e2-ac76-4939-b49c-50177f128071n@googlegroups.com>
 by: T - Thu, 7 Apr 2022 01:40 UTC

On 4/6/22 15:36, Dean Hoffman wrote:
> I'm sober today because of what God did
> for me through His Son a couple thousand years ago. I'm sober today because of
> what God continues to do for me every day because of His Son.

Glory be to God!

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: Americans and extra words