From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Newsgroups: alt.law-enforcement
Subject: one Quora about start of policing
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 08:18:30 -0700
 by: a425couple - Thu, 20 May 2021 15:18 UTC

Profile photo for Tony Bartlett
Tony Bartlett
·
Follow
Former Former Local Authority Licensing Manager (2004–2011)Mon

If the history of the existence of police in the US began with slave
patrols, does that mean that the British exported the slave patrol
system to the US considering they had police too?
No. Because policing didn't start with slave patrols. There hasn't been
slavery in the UK since 1104 AD when a court ruled it was unlawful for
any person “to hold any man as a chattel" Britain was involved in the
slave trade in the 1500s and 1600s but when the slave trade was made
unlawful the Royal Navy became the most anti slavery enforcers in the world.

British policing began when Sir Robert Peel was Home Secretary. He
started the City of London and the Metropolitan Police under Sir Richard
Moyne and Robert Fielding. It quickly grew throughout the UK and was
exported to the USA with mass migration, particularly of the Irish.

So as we didn't have slavery there were noslave patrols to export.

I would say your bounty hunters are more reasonably the descendents of
slave patrols