From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.war.vietnam,alt.law-enforcement,tx.guns
Subject: Why do so many people who are opposed to guns assume gun owners must
be 'living in fear'
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 11:21:08 -0700
 by: a425couple - Tue, 18 May 2021 18:21 UTC

from Facebook:

Why do so many people who are opposed to guns assume gun owners must be
'living in fear' in order to own guns? Such assumptions aren't made for
people who own fire-extinguishers or carry a spare tire in their car.
This question reminds me of a funny story. A Trooper pulls a car over
for speeding and the first thing he notices is an elderly woman behind
the wheel. As he looks inside the car, he is shocked to see a Desert
Eagle revolver on the passenger seat. He backs up and asked if she had
any more weapons. She replied, “ There is a Glock 40 in the glove box, a
..38 Taurus in the console, a Kahr arms CW-9 in my purse, an AR-15
between the seats, a Katana in the back seat, and nunchucks in the
driver’s door compartment.” The amazed Trooper asked her what she was
afraid of. Her reply, “ Not a f***** thing “.

24 viewsView 7 upvotes

Re: Why do so many people who are opposed to guns assume gun owners must be 'living in fear'

<a84aag9stfkrffqa2j6df63qb7082e5gom@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2240&group=alt.law-enforcement#2240

From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (Klaus Schadenfreude)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.war.vietnam,alt.law-enforcement,tx.guns
Subject: Re: Why do so many people who are opposed to guns assume gun owners must be 'living in fear'
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 06:25:43 -0700
 by: Klaus Schadenfreude - Wed, 19 May 2021 13:25 UTC

On Wed, 19 May 2021 08:54:37 -0400, slate_leeper
<lcgh-edlf@xemaps.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 18 May 2021 12:48:48 -0700, pyotr filipivich
><phamp@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>>fear of what they might do if they were to have a gun.
>
>There is actually a name for this psychosis, which I have forgotten,
>but it is real and pretty common. "If I can't be trusted than
>obviously no one can..."

It's also a standard leftist discussion ploy. Attach a false
characteristic to the person you're speaking to (fearful, racist, etc)
so they feel they have to defend themselves against it.

A popular one used is "transphobic." The false accusation that you
"fear" transsexuals because you don't think a man should participate
in women's sports, for example.

Re: Why do so many people who are opposed to guns assume gun owners must be 'living in fear'

<4f7aaglrf2e04kjma0rflmd4r7kr5jus3q@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2241&group=alt.law-enforcement#2241

Followup: talk.politics.guns
From: pha...@mindspring.com (pyotr filipivich)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.war.vietnam,alt.law-enforcement,tx.guns
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 07:24:21 -0700
 by: pyotr filipivich - Wed, 19 May 2021 14:24 UTC

Let the Record show that Klaus Schadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreude.entfernen.@gmail.com> on or about Wed, 19 May
2021 06:25:43 -0700 did write, type or otherwise cause to appear in
talk.politics.guns the following:
>On Wed, 19 May 2021 08:54:37 -0400, slate_leeper
><lcgh-edlf@xemaps.com> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 18 May 2021 12:48:48 -0700, pyotr filipivich
>><phamp@mindspring.com> wrote:
>>
>>>fear of what they might do if they were to have a gun.
>>
>>There is actually a name for this psychosis, which I have forgotten,
>>but it is real and pretty common. "If I can't be trusted than
>>obviously no one can..."
>
>It's also a standard leftist discussion ploy. Attach a false
>characteristic to the person you're speaking to (fearful, racist, etc)
>so they feel they have to defend themselves against it.
>
>A popular one used is "transphobic." The false accusation that you
>"fear" transsexuals because you don't think a man should participate
>in women's sports, for example.

Obviously, they have a problem with telling the difference between
male and female (among many other things.) Just because they
self-identify as "compassionate" doesn't mean they really are.
--
pyotr filipivich
"The Democrats smell blood and don't want to be told that it's their own."