From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Subject: Frugal birthdays!
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2023 12:25:37 -0700
 by: The Real Bev - Wed, 7 Jun 2023 19:25 UTC

When lighting the single candle on the cake, explain that you are now
using base- [person's age] math.

--
Cheers, Bev
Politicians are stupid like cats are stupid.

Re: Frugal birthdays!

<d5b4cbc856939ab47d776263dbf8378e@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2232&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#2232

From: Sam...@invalid.com
Subject: Re: Frugal birthdays!
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2023 04:14:22 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
 by: Sam...@invalid.com - Thu, 8 Jun 2023 02:14 UTC

In article <u5qlji$179oi$1@dont-email.me>
The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com> wrote:

> When lighting the single candle on the cake, explain that you are now
> using base- [person's age] math.
>
> --
> Cheers, Bev

Base in math refers to the number of digits used to form the numbers.
We have many number systems that use different bases.

Examples of base in math are as follows:

The binary number system uses only 2 digits, that is, 0 and 1 to
represent the numbers.

The octal number system uses 8 digits, that is, 0 to 7, to represent
the numbers.

The most common number system that we use in our daily life is the
decimal number system that uses the base 10, which uses digits from 0
to 9 for representing numbers.

We also have a hexadecimal number system that uses 10 digits that is
from 0 to 9 and 6 alphabets from A to F to represent the numbers in
the number system.

Definition of a Base in Math

Base in math can be defined as the total number of digits or
sometimes, the combination of digits and letters that is used to
express numbers in a number system.

Another name for the base of a number system is �radix.� There are
many number systems and each one of them has different bases. Numbers
in a base start from 0.

Here are a few examples of base numbers in math and the number
systems:
For God's sake, Woman, DON'T put stuff like that in a sig file!

You gave me a migraine plus a nose bleed.