What the world *really* needs is a good Automatic Bicycle Sharpener.

interests / misc.consumers.frugal-living / Re: What's happening now

SubjectAuthor
* What's happening nowDim Witte
`* Re: What's happening nowBob F
 `* Re: What's happening nowDim Witte
  `* Re: What's happening nowBob F
   `- Re: What's happening nowDim Witte

1
What's happening now

<b98dc1d7-145e-4efa-8c9d-2c4983699c0en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2198&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#2198

Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 23:22:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: What's happening now
From: dakadl...@gmail.com (Dim Witte)
 by: Dim Witte - Fri, 26 May 2023 06:22 UTC

.. . . boils down to what's happening to frugal-living. Seems like the Democratic Party intention of raising the debt limit and going into more deficit spending will leave those depending on fixed income "in the lurch," (to leave (someone) without help or protection when it is needed.)

Re: What's happening now

<u4qbdc$365$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2199&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#2199

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Subject: Re: What's happening now
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 06:15:11 -0700
 by: Bob F - Fri, 26 May 2023 13:15 UTC

On 5/25/2023 11:22 PM, Dim Witte wrote:
> . . . boils down to what's happening to frugal-living. Seems like the Democratic Party intention of raising the debt limit and going into more deficit spending will leave those depending on fixed income "in the lurch," (to leave (someone) without help or protection when it is needed.)

Raising the debt limit just means agreeing to pay the bills for what
they have previously spent. Not raising the limit is like you deciding
not to pay your bills for what you have already bought.

Funny how the deficit ALWAYS skyrockets when the GOP is in power. They
are really good at giving huge tax cuts to their rich and corporate
bosses and cutting any spending that might actually benefit the American
workers, and then whining when the Democrats are in power about "deficit
spending" that seems never to be a thought when the GOP is in power and
chopping the US tax income by cutting taxes for those who need it least.

Re: What's happening now

<9c279ca7-a38e-49cc-bf82-d5e4e1fad2b4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2200&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#2200

Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 06:44:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: dakadl...@gmail.com (Dim Witte)
 by: Dim Witte - Fri, 26 May 2023 13:44 UTC

On Friday, May 26, 2023 at 5:15:36 AM UTC-8, Bob F wrote:
> On 5/25/2023 11:22 PM, Dim Witte wrote:
> > . . . boils down to what's happening to frugal-living. Seems like the Democratic Party intention of raising the debt limit and going into more deficit spending will leave those depending on fixed income "in the lurch," (to leave (someone) without help or protection when it is needed.)
> Raising the debt limit just means agreeing to pay the bills for what
> they have previously spent. Not raising the limit is like you deciding
> not to pay your bills for what you have already bought.
>
> Funny how the deficit ALWAYS skyrockets when the GOP is in power. They
> are really good at giving huge tax cuts to their rich and corporate
> bosses and cutting any spending that might actually benefit the American
> workers, and then whining when the Democrats are in power about "deficit
> spending" that seems never to be a thought when the GOP is in power and
> chopping the US tax income by cutting taxes for those who need it least.

Oh, so that's how to understand inflation and recession, too? What ever happened to the concept of balanced budget?

Must be our politicians are good at kick-backs, switching around financial pipelines, and allowing collusion as in our famous Military-Industrial-Complex. Demos need something to explain all the military missions, arms, and Invasion-Occupation-Regime Changes going on. Thousands of defense contracts and cost-overruns at the Pentagon that increase debt.

Must be our news media know without telling. Good thing they are on the side of "saving the world for democracy" by military action and our modern version of Manifest Destiny that now includes sanctuary for illegal aliens who will vote Democratic Party.

Re: What's happening now

<u4qj2p$t5d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2201&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#2201

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 08:26:06 -0700
 by: Bob F - Fri, 26 May 2023 15:26 UTC

On 5/26/2023 6:44 AM, Dim Witte wrote:
> On Friday, May 26, 2023 at 5:15:36 AM UTC-8, Bob F wrote:
>> On 5/25/2023 11:22 PM, Dim Witte wrote:
>>> . . . boils down to what's happening to frugal-living. Seems like the Democratic Party intention of raising the debt limit and going into more deficit spending will leave those depending on fixed income "in the lurch," (to leave (someone) without help or protection when it is needed.)
>> Raising the debt limit just means agreeing to pay the bills for what
>> they have previously spent. Not raising the limit is like you deciding
>> not to pay your bills for what you have already bought.
>>
>> Funny how the deficit ALWAYS skyrockets when the GOP is in power. They
>> are really good at giving huge tax cuts to their rich and corporate
>> bosses and cutting any spending that might actually benefit the American
>> workers, and then whining when the Democrats are in power about "deficit
>> spending" that seems never to be a thought when the GOP is in power and
>> chopping the US tax income by cutting taxes for those who need it least.
>
> Oh, so that's how to understand inflation and recession, too? What ever happened to the concept of balanced budget?
>
> Must be our politicians are good at kick-backs, switching around financial pipelines, and allowing collusion as in our famous Military-Industrial-Complex. Demos need something to explain all the military missions, arms, and Invasion-Occupation-Regime Changes going on. Thousands of defense contracts and cost-overruns at the Pentagon that increase debt.
>
> Must be our news media know without telling. Good thing they are on the side of "saving the world for democracy" by military action and our modern version of Manifest Destiny that now includes sanctuary for illegal aliens who will vote Democratic Party.

You have all the GOP talking points down flat. Too bad they make no sense.

Re: What's happening now

<261c6a11-3985-4229-8979-e08154a8fb05n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2202&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#2202

Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 02:42:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: dakadl...@gmail.com (Dim Witte)
 by: Dim Witte - Sat, 27 May 2023 09:42 UTC

On Friday, May 26, 2023 at 7:27:38 AM UTC-8, Bob F wrote:
> On 5/26/2023 6:44 AM, Dim Witte wrote:
> >> Raising the debt limit just means agreeing to pay the bills for what
> >> they have previously spent. Not raising the limit is like you deciding
> >> not to pay your bills for what you have already bought.
> >>
> >> Funny how the deficit ALWAYS skyrockets when the GOP is in power. They
> >> are really good at giving huge tax cuts to their rich and corporate
> >> bosses and cutting any spending that might actually benefit the American
> >> workers, and then whining when the Democrats are in power about "deficit
> >> spending" that seems never to be a thought when the GOP is in power and
> >> chopping the US tax income by cutting taxes for those who need it least.
> >
> > Oh, so that's how to understand inflation and recession, too? What ever happened to the concept of balanced budget?
> >
> > Must be our politicians are good at kick-backs, switching around financial pipelines, and allowing collusion as in our famous Military-Industrial-Complex. Demos need something to explain all the military missions, arms, and Invasion-Occupation-Regime Changes going on. Thousands of defense contracts and cost-overruns at the Pentagon that increase debt.
> >
> > Must be our news media know without telling. Good thing they are on the side of "saving the world for democracy" by military action and our modern version of Manifest Destiny that now includes sanctuary for illegal aliens who will vote Democratic Party.
> You have all the GOP talking points down flat. Too bad they make no sense..

Doesn't matter, because it's all in the cards and will play out with no sense necessary. Both Repos and Demos will keep their jobs, just smooth it all with the help of the news media, those smiling talking heads.