Two is not equal to three, even for large values of two.

interests / soc.culture.china / Singapore tells Facebook, Twitter to carry correction notice on virus strain

SubjectAuthor
* Singapore tells Facebook, Twitter to carry correction notice on virus strainltlee1
`* Re: Singapore tells Facebook, Twitter to carry correction notice on virus strainwakal...@yahoo.com.sg
 `* Re: Singapore tells Facebook, Twitter to carry correction notice on virus straindubenski
  +* Re: Singapore tells Facebook, Twitter to carry correction notice onltlee1
  |`- Re: Singapore tells Facebook, Twitter to carry correction notice on virus strainfranco
  `- Re: Singapore tells Facebook, Twitter to carry correction notice onwakal...@yahoo.com.sg

1
Singapore tells Facebook, Twitter to carry correction notice on virus strain

<1a09501e-7083-49dd-baf5-a9451c7f9479n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2198&group=soc.culture.china#2198

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 03:24:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Singapore tells Facebook, Twitter to carry correction notice on virus strain
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Thu, 20 May 2021 10:24 UTC

"Singapore on Thursday ordered Facebook (FB.O) and Twitter (TWTR.N) to carry a correction notice to users of the social media platforms in the country over what it says is a false statement about a new virus variant originating in Singapore.

The ministry of health said it was aware of the statement circulating online on media outlets and social media platforms, which implied that a new, previously unknown variant of COVID-19 originated in Singapore and risked spreading to India from the city-state.

The move came after Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said in a Twitter post this week that a new form of the virus that was particularly harmful to children had come to Singapore, and urged for a ban on flights.

Both the Singapore and Indian governments have criticised the opposition politician, saying his comments were not based on facts and were "irresponsible". read more

The correction orders were issued under Singapore's fake news law, or the Protection from Online Falsehoods and Manipulation Act.

Facebook and Twitter confirmed receipt of the order and said they complied as per the local law."

In this case, both the Singapore and Indian governments have criticized, in this case, Indian government's opposition politician Arvind Kejriwal. How would it work IF the Indian government agree with Arvind Kejriwal.

Re: Singapore tells Facebook, Twitter to carry correction notice on virus strain

<68d3d5b0-cd5b-40e8-a4d5-5f77f1b26f65n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2218&group=soc.culture.china#2218

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 22:05:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: wakaluk...@yahoo.com.sg (wakal...@yahoo.com.sg)
 by: wakal...@yahoo.com.s - Fri, 21 May 2021 05:05 UTC

On Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 6:24:08 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> "Singapore on Thursday ordered Facebook (FB.O) and Twitter (TWTR.N) to carry a correction notice to users of the social media platforms in the country over what it says is a false statement about a new virus variant originating in Singapore.
>
> The ministry of health said it was aware of the statement circulating online on media outlets and social media platforms, which implied that a new, previously unknown variant of COVID-19 originated in Singapore and risked spreading to India from the city-state.
>
> The move came after Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said in a Twitter post this week that a new form of the virus that was particularly harmful to children had come to Singapore, and urged for a ban on flights.
>
> Both the Singapore and Indian governments have criticised the opposition politician, saying his comments were not based on facts and were "irresponsible". read more
>
> The correction orders were issued under Singapore's fake news law, or the Protection from Online Falsehoods and Manipulation Act.
>
> Facebook and Twitter confirmed receipt of the order and said they complied as per the local law."
>
> In this case, both the Singapore and Indian governments have criticized, in this case, Indian government's opposition politician Arvind Kejriwal. How would it work IF the Indian government agree with Arvind Kejriwal.
----------

What the report doesn't say, but is widely known in Singapore, is that the so-called "Singapore variant" that the Dehli chief minister mentioned was actually the Indian variant brought to Singapore by rich Indians escaping the Indian variant! It's like Americans calling their US flu of 1918 the "Spanish flu".

Wakalukong

Re: Singapore tells Facebook, Twitter to carry correction notice on virus strain

<s88pjg$nvs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2235&group=soc.culture.china#2235

From: duben...@gmail.com (dubenski)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 22 May 2021 01:11:14 +0800
 by: dubenski - Fri, 21 May 2021 17:11 UTC

indeed true, the opposition party chief minister of India coined Singapore
variant as the source for their Indian variant.

Now, Singapore should wake up from its stupor with them.

"wakal...@yahoo.com.sg" wrote in message

On Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 6:24:08 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> "Singapore on Thursday ordered Facebook (FB.O) and Twitter (TWTR.N) to
> carry a correction notice to users of the social media platforms in the
> country over what it says is a false statement about a new virus variant
> originating in Singapore.
>
> The ministry of health said it was aware of the statement circulating
> online on media outlets and social media platforms, which implied that a
> new, previously unknown variant of COVID-19 originated in Singapore and
> risked spreading to India from the city-state.
>
> The move came after Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said in a Twitter
> post this week that a new form of the virus that was particularly harmful
> to children had come to Singapore, and urged for a ban on flights.
>
> Both the Singapore and Indian governments have criticised the opposition
> politician, saying his comments were not based on facts and were
> "irresponsible". read more
>
> The correction orders were issued under Singapore's fake news law, or the
> Protection from Online Falsehoods and Manipulation Act.
>
> Facebook and Twitter confirmed receipt of the order and said they complied
> as per the local law."
>
> In this case, both the Singapore and Indian governments have criticized,
> in this case, Indian government's opposition politician Arvind Kejriwal.
> How would it work IF the Indian government agree with Arvind Kejriwal.
----------

What the report doesn't say, but is widely known in Singapore, is that the
so-called "Singapore variant" that the Dehli chief minister mentioned was
actually the Indian variant brought to Singapore by rich Indians escaping
the Indian variant! It's like Americans calling their US flu of 1918 the
"Spanish flu".

Wakalukong

Re: Singapore tells Facebook, Twitter to carry correction notice on virus strain

<a7bbe70d-6cfa-4ec3-97df-bf8ad3e98334n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2243&group=soc.culture.china#2243

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 14:10:21 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Singapore tells Facebook, Twitter to carry correction notice on
virus strain
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Fri, 21 May 2021 21:10 UTC

How will it work IF the Indian government supports the Singaporean Virus story?

On Friday, May 21, 2021 at 1:11:14 PM UTC-4, dubenski wrote:
> indeed true, the opposition party chief minister of India coined Singapore
> variant as the source for their Indian variant.
>
> Now, Singapore should wake up from its stupor with them.
>

> "wakal...@yahoo.com.sg" wrote in message
> On Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 6:24:08 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> > "Singapore on Thursday ordered Facebook (FB.O) and Twitter (TWTR.N) to
> > carry a correction notice to users of the social media platforms in the
> > country over what it says is a false statement about a new virus variant
> > originating in Singapore.
> >
> > The ministry of health said it was aware of the statement circulating
> > online on media outlets and social media platforms, which implied that a
> > new, previously unknown variant of COVID-19 originated in Singapore and
> > risked spreading to India from the city-state.
> >
> > The move came after Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said in a Twitter
> > post this week that a new form of the virus that was particularly harmful
> > to children had come to Singapore, and urged for a ban on flights.
> >
> > Both the Singapore and Indian governments have criticised the opposition
> > politician, saying his comments were not based on facts and were
> > "irresponsible". read more
> >
> > The correction orders were issued under Singapore's fake news law, or the
> > Protection from Online Falsehoods and Manipulation Act.
> >
> > Facebook and Twitter confirmed receipt of the order and said they complied
> > as per the local law."
> >
> > In this case, both the Singapore and Indian governments have criticized,
> > in this case, Indian government's opposition politician Arvind Kejriwal.
> > How would it work IF the Indian government agree with Arvind Kejriwal.
> ----------
>
> What the report doesn't say, but is widely known in Singapore, is that the
> so-called "Singapore variant" that the Dehli chief minister mentioned was
> actually the Indian variant brought to Singapore by rich Indians escaping
> the Indian variant! It's like Americans calling their US flu of 1918 the
> "Spanish flu".
>
> Wakalukong

Re: Singapore tells Facebook, Twitter to carry correction notice on virus strain

<9b03209a-afb3-4ac3-9cdb-37369c32ea31n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2289&group=soc.culture.china#2289

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 19:19:21 -0700 (PDT)
virus strain
From: wakaluk...@yahoo.com.sg (wakal...@yahoo.com.sg)
 by: wakal...@yahoo.com.s - Tue, 25 May 2021 02:19 UTC

On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 1:11:14 AM UTC+8, dubenski wrote:
> indeed true, the opposition party chief minister of India coined Singapore
> variant as the source for their Indian variant.
>
> Now, Singapore should wake up from its stupor with them.
>

> "wakal...@yahoo.com.sg" wrote in message
> On Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 6:24:08 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> > "Singapore on Thursday ordered Facebook (FB.O) and Twitter (TWTR.N) to
> > carry a correction notice to users of the social media platforms in the
> > country over what it says is a false statement about a new virus variant
> > originating in Singapore.
> >
> > The ministry of health said it was aware of the statement circulating
> > online on media outlets and social media platforms, which implied that a
> > new, previously unknown variant of COVID-19 originated in Singapore and
> > risked spreading to India from the city-state.
> >
> > The move came after Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said in a Twitter
> > post this week that a new form of the virus that was particularly harmful
> > to children had come to Singapore, and urged for a ban on flights.
> >
> > Both the Singapore and Indian governments have criticised the opposition
> > politician, saying his comments were not based on facts and were
> > "irresponsible". read more
> >
> > The correction orders were issued under Singapore's fake news law, or the
> > Protection from Online Falsehoods and Manipulation Act.
> >
> > Facebook and Twitter confirmed receipt of the order and said they complied
> > as per the local law."
> >
> > In this case, both the Singapore and Indian governments have criticized,
> > in this case, Indian government's opposition politician Arvind Kejriwal.
> > How would it work IF the Indian government agree with Arvind Kejriwal.
> ----------
>
> What the report doesn't say, but is widely known in Singapore, is that the
> so-called "Singapore variant" that the Dehli chief minister mentioned was
> actually the Indian variant brought to Singapore by rich Indians escaping
> the Indian variant! It's like Americans calling their US flu of 1918 the
> "Spanish flu".
>
> Wakalukong
---------

I have not come across any report that India had alerted the WHO on the Indian variant of covid19. How come the US, EU, Britain, Canada and Australia don't call this a cover up?

Wakalukong

Re: Singapore tells Facebook, Twitter to carry correction notice on virus strain

<s8qdlc$e73$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2324&group=soc.culture.china#2324

From: fran...@loowe.com (franco)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 17:37:58 +0800
 by: franco - Fri, 28 May 2021 09:37 UTC

If the Indian government supports the Singapore virus story, it will be
vociferously rejected, denied, and denounced by Singapore government. US
knew the virus them from them
but they go their 5 eyes to work against China for it,