From: le...@main.lekno.ws (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: (the other) James David Raymond 1925-2021
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 05:20:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 05:20 UTC

In bygone years of alt.obituaries I noted the death of
my father's mother's sister's son James David Raymond
(1920-1999)...and that in attendance was HIS father's
brother's son James David Raymond (JDR born 1920's
father having told his brother that this was the best
possible name to give a son...the brothers were born
with the name Rybak (or Rybackus) in Lithuania).

I had met the cousin of my father's cousin at a previous
event,possibly the 1988 funeral of my great-uncle,and
the family gossip was that he had married into one of
the richest families in Canada,he and his brother Allan
arrived at the Massachusetts events by private jet.
When I mentioned the family as described sounded like
the Bronfmans who then owned Seagram,it was confirmed
to me at that was the family in question...but the Canadian
JDR had introduced his wife Felice to me and while the
Bronfmans of that generation included a Phyllis she was
known not to have been married to anyone named Raymond.

Randomly deciding to search today,I solved the mystery.
Canadian JDR (February 14th 1925-September 1st 2021)
was not married into the Bronfmans,but he DID serve as
president of their family investment company Cemp/Claridge
starting in 1985 and on the boards of some companies it
invested in.(Felice was a Gittleson by birth...and after
her death Canadian JDR married a woman named Shirley,
not to be confused with Massachusetts JDR's sister
Shirley(1923-2003,married a Frenkel) or her first cousin,
my father's sister Shirley(1922-2007)).

Findagrave has some of my kinfolk but doesn't include
Massachusetts JDR & Shirley's brother Sherwin,who I might
have mentioned here on his death...he was a doctor who
lost his license performing abortions before they were
legal,and later got quite a bit of press over the huge
quantities of firearms and ammunition found insecurely
stored in his New Jersey home.

-=-=-