He who spends a storm beneath a tree, takes life with a grain of TNT.

interests / alt.home.repair / Should you pee in the shower?

SubjectAuthor
* Should you pee in the shower?Ed Pawlowski
+- Should you pee in the shower?Frank
`* Should you pee in the shower?Wade Garrett
 `* Should you pee in the shower?Marilyn Manson
  `- Should you pee in the shower?Wade Garrett

1
Should you pee in the shower?

<c9rVJ.105805$aT3.75517@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=21050&group=alt.home.repair#21050

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Subject: Should you pee in the shower?
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 12:20:08 -0500
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 17:20 UTC

Never really thought about it, seems normal to me

https://tinyurl.com/35bt6bhd

Turns out that peeing in the shower not only feels great and is super
convenient, but it’s actually environmentally responsible too. The
University of East Anglia even created a “Go with the Flow” campaign
that went mainstream in 2014 after two students estimated that peeing in
the shower could save the campus 187 million gallons of water a year.
187 million gallons — just by doing something that we all really want to
do, anyway. (What a way to get rid of that eco-anxiety!)

Re: Should you pee in the shower?

<t05fpn$l5g$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=21057&group=alt.home.repair#21057

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Re: Should you pee in the shower?
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 12:35:51 -0500
 by: Frank - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 17:35 UTC

On 3/7/2022 12:20 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Never really thought about it, seems normal to me
>
> https://tinyurl.com/35bt6bhd
>
> Turns out that peeing in the shower not only feels great and is super
> convenient, but it’s actually environmentally responsible too. The
> University of East Anglia even created a “Go with the Flow” campaign
> that went mainstream in 2014 after two students estimated that peeing in
> the shower could save the campus 187 million gallons of water a year.
> 187 million gallons — just by doing something that we all really want to
> do, anyway. (What a way to get rid of that eco-anxiety!)

Someone told me it all goes to the same place.

Re: Should you pee in the shower?

<t05iik$dqq$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=21068&group=alt.home.repair#21068

From: Wad...@cooler.net (Wade Garrett)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 13:23:16 -0500
 by: Wade Garrett - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 18:23 UTC

On 3/7/22 12:20 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Never really thought about it, seems normal to me
>
> https://tinyurl.com/35bt6bhd
>
> Turns out that peeing in the shower not only feels great and is super
> convenient, but it’s actually environmentally responsible too. The
> University of East Anglia even created a “Go with the Flow” campaign
> that went mainstream in 2014 after two students estimated that peeing in
> the shower could save the campus 187 million gallons of water a year.
> 187 million gallons — just by doing something that we all really want to
> do, anyway. (What a way to get rid of that eco-anxiety!)

If you're older and your prostate has started to enlarge and restrict
urine flow, the warm water relaxes it a bit and you pee a little better!

Re: Should you pee in the shower?

<76fd866a-a232-4508-a969-9d25ab7e87a9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=21077&group=alt.home.repair#21077

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 12:10:59 -0800 (PST)
From: comawhit...@gmail.com (Marilyn Manson)
 by: Marilyn Manson - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 20:10 UTC

On Monday, March 7, 2022 at 1:23:24 PM UTC-5, Wade Garrett wrote:
> On 3/7/22 12:20 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> > Never really thought about it, seems normal to me
> >
> > https://tinyurl.com/35bt6bhd
> >
> > Turns out that peeing in the shower not only feels great and is super
> > convenient, but it’s actually environmentally responsible too. The
> > University of East Anglia even created a “Go with the Flow” campaign
> > that went mainstream in 2014 after two students estimated that peeing in
> > the shower could save the campus 187 million gallons of water a year.
> > 187 million gallons — just by doing something that we all really want to
> > do, anyway. (What a way to get rid of that eco-anxiety!)
> If you're older and your prostate has started to enlarge and restrict
> urine flow, the warm water relaxes it a bit and you pee a little better!

But that may negate the efficiency noted in the study mentioned in the OP.
I wonder if they took that into account.

Grandpa spends 5 minutes standing in front of a toilet, finally empties his
bladder and flushes, using 1.6 gallons of water.

Same Grandpa spends 3 minutes standing in the shower, emptying that same
bladder using 7.5 gallons of water. (3 x 2.5)

Now, sure, some of you will say "but Grandpa can be washing his hair, armpits
ass, etc. while peeing." I say nay nay! (RIP John Pinette)

If it don't flow easily when you are concentrating on it, it's not going to flow at
all if you are moving around and doing all those other things. DAMHIKT

Re: Should you pee in the shower?

<t064ph$24p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=21095&group=alt.home.repair#21095

From: Wad...@cooler.net (Wade Garrett)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 18:34:09 -0500
 by: Wade Garrett - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 23:34 UTC

On 3/7/22 3:10 PM, Marilyn Manson wrote:
> On Monday, March 7, 2022 at 1:23:24 PM UTC-5, Wade Garrett wrote:
>> On 3/7/22 12:20 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>> Never really thought about it, seems normal to me
>>>
>>> https://tinyurl.com/35bt6bhd
>>>
>>> Turns out that peeing in the shower not only feels great and is super
>>> convenient, but it’s actually environmentally responsible too. The
>>> University of East Anglia even created a “Go with the Flow” campaign
>>> that went mainstream in 2014 after two students estimated that peeing in
>>> the shower could save the campus 187 million gallons of water a year.
>>> 187 million gallons — just by doing something that we all really want to
>>> do, anyway. (What a way to get rid of that eco-anxiety!)
>> If you're older and your prostate has started to enlarge and restrict
>> urine flow, the warm water relaxes it a bit and you pee a little better!
>
> But that may negate the efficiency noted in the study mentioned in the OP.
> I wonder if they took that into account.
>
> Grandpa spends 5 minutes standing in front of a toilet, finally empties his
> bladder and flushes, using 1.6 gallons of water.
>
> Same Grandpa spends 3 minutes standing in the shower, emptying that same
> bladder using 7.5 gallons of water. (3 x 2.5)
>
> Now, sure, some of you will say "but Grandpa can be washing his hair, armpits
> ass, etc. while peeing." I say nay nay! (RIP John Pinette)
>
> If it don't flow easily when you are concentrating on it, it's not going to flow at
> all if you are moving around and doing all those other things. DAMHIKT

If all grandpa did is pee, no reason to flush!

If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down...

interests / alt.home.repair / Should you pee in the shower?