Life is one long struggle in the dark. -- Titus Lucretius Carus

interests / misc.consumers.frugal-living / IRS site is a joke

SubjectAuthor
* IRS site is a jokeanthona
`* Re: IRS site is a jokeThe Real Bev
 `* Re: IRS site is a jokeanthona
  +- Re: IRS site is a jokeBob F
  `- Re: IRS site is a jokeThe Real Bev

1
IRS site is a joke

<607ae04c-3594-44b0-b6e2-7b8f6cd45dccn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2099&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#2099

Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 12:31:52 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: IRS site is a joke
From: harri85...@aol.com (anthona)
 by: anthona - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 19:31 UTC

I have to create an account just to ask a tax question. All i want is to make a copy of the qualified dividends of capital gains and loss worksheet . They have it in the instruction booklet, but with a grey background which is bad for me to read with my eyesight. I put that title in the search box and all that appears is Schedule D, nothing about a worksheet. I googled and all i get is the copy of that worksheet for the year 2018, which does me nothing. Does anyone here know how i can get a good, legible copy of it for these 94 year old eyes? I still like to do my own tax's.

Re: IRS site is a joke

<tvm123$22bb3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2101&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#2101

From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Subject: Re: IRS site is a joke
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 22:32:49 -0700
 by: The Real Bev - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 05:32 UTC

On 3/24/23 12:31 PM, anthona wrote:
> I have to create an account just to ask a tax question. All i want is to make a copy of the qualified dividends of capital gains and loss worksheet . They have it in the instruction booklet, but with a grey background which is bad for me to read with my eyesight. I put that title in the search box and all that appears is Schedule D, nothing about a worksheet. I googled and all i get is the copy of that worksheet for the year 2018, which does me nothing. Does anyone here know how i can get a good, legible copy of it for these 94 year old eyes? I still like to do my own tax's.

Here is a link to a Schedule D (capital gains & losses) pdf which you
can print. There are also instructions. You should be able to find the
other forms you need by searching here.

https://www.irs.gov/site-index-search?search=capital+gains&field_pup_historical_1=1&field_pup_historical=1

--
Cheers, Bev
Giving advice likely to kill the stupid is called passive eugenics.

Re: IRS site is a joke

<d9b3d20b-10ee-4c25-adc0-1c541af47bd7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2102&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#2102

Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 05:20:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: harri85...@aol.com (anthona)
 by: anthona - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 12:20 UTC

On Saturday, March 25, 2023 at 1:32:56 AM UTC-4, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 3/24/23 12:31 PM, anthona wrote:
> > I have to create an account just to ask a tax question. All i want is to make a copy of the qualified dividends of capital gains and loss worksheet . They have it in the instruction booklet, but with a grey background which is bad for me to read with my eyesight. I put that title in the search box and all that appears is Schedule D, nothing about a worksheet. I googled and all i get is the copy of that worksheet for the year 2018, which does me nothing. Does anyone here know how i can get a good, legible copy of it for these 94 year old eyes? I still like to do my own tax's.
> Here is a link to a Schedule D (capital gains & losses) pdf which you
> can print. There are also instructions. You should be able to find the
> other forms you need by searching here.
>
> https://www.irs.gov/site-index-search?search=capital+gains&field_pup_historical_1=1&field_pup_historical=1
>

> --
> Cheers, Bev
> Giving advice likely to kill the stupid is called passive eugenics.
Thank you, but i have Schedule D forms, in fact getting most forms that have a number or letter are the easiest to get....its the worksheets that are hard or even possible to get...Schedule D tells me that I need to do the Qualified dividend capital gains worksheet..and the only one i do see is the one printed in the 1040 instruction book, which with its grey background makes it difficult to read the numbers or the questions. When i was younger i had no probem reading. When i scan and make a printout, the results are even worse.

Re: IRS site is a joke

<tvms3p$26l2j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2103&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#2103

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 06:14:33 -0700
 by: Bob F - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 13:14 UTC

On 3/25/2023 5:20 AM, anthona wrote:
> On Saturday, March 25, 2023 at 1:32:56 AM UTC-4, The Real Bev wrote:
>> On 3/24/23 12:31 PM, anthona wrote:
>>> I have to create an account just to ask a tax question. All i want is to make a copy of the qualified dividends of capital gains and loss worksheet . They have it in the instruction booklet, but with a grey background which is bad for me to read with my eyesight. I put that title in the search box and all that appears is Schedule D, nothing about a worksheet. I googled and all i get is the copy of that worksheet for the year 2018, which does me nothing. Does anyone here know how i can get a good, legible copy of it for these 94 year old eyes? I still like to do my own tax's.
>> Here is a link to a Schedule D (capital gains & losses) pdf which you
>> can print. There are also instructions. You should be able to find the
>> other forms you need by searching here.
>>
>> https://www.irs.gov/site-index-search?search=capital+gains&field_pup_historical_1=1&field_pup_historical=1
>>

>> --
>> Cheers, Bev
>> Giving advice likely to kill the stupid is called passive eugenics.
> Thank you, but i have Schedule D forms, in fact getting most forms that have a number or letter are the easiest to get....its the worksheets that are hard or even possible to get...Schedule D tells me that I need to do the Qualified dividend capital gains worksheet..and the only one i do see is the one printed in the 1040 instruction book, which with its grey background makes it difficult to read the numbers or the questions. When i was younger i had no probem reading. When i scan and make a printout, the results are even worse.

https://www.drakeetc.com/modules/1057/13-deductions/images/WK_CGTAX.pdf

Re: IRS site is a joke

<tvn8n2$28qfc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2104&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#2104

From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 09:49:36 -0700
 by: The Real Bev - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 16:49 UTC

On 3/25/23 5:20 AM, anthona wrote:
> On Saturday, March 25, 2023 at 1:32:56 AM UTC-4, The Real Bev wrote:
>> On 3/24/23 12:31 PM, anthona wrote:
>> > I have to create an account just to ask a tax question. All i want is to make a copy of the qualified dividends of capital gains and loss worksheet . They have it in the instruction booklet, but with a grey background which is bad for me to read with my eyesight. I put that title in the search box and all that appears is Schedule D, nothing about a worksheet. I googled and all i get is the copy of that worksheet for the year 2018, which does me nothing. Does anyone here know how i can get a good, legible copy of it for these 94 year old eyes? I still like to do my own tax's.
>> Here is a link to a Schedule D (capital gains & losses) pdf which you
>> can print. There are also instructions. You should be able to find the
>> other forms you need by searching here.
>>
>> https://www.irs.gov/site-index-search?search=capital+gains&field_pup_historical_1=1&field_pup_historical=1

>> Giving advice likely to kill the stupid is called passive eugenics.
> Thank you, but i have Schedule D forms, in fact getting most forms that have a number or letter are the easiest to get....its the worksheets that are hard or even possible to get...Schedule D tells me that I need to do the Qualified dividend capital gains worksheet..and the only one i do see is the one printed in the 1040 instruction book, which with its grey background makes it difficult to read the numbers or the questions. When i was younger i had no probem reading. When i scan and make a printout, the results are even worse.
A more readable website:
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/form1099div.asp

I suggest you bite the bullet and buy some tax software. I used
TurboTax for a while until it lied to me about submitting my return
on-line, and now I use HRBlock and send paper. It's cheaper and a
little clunkier and sometimes you need to beat it into submission, but
it deals with worksheets nicely.

I used to do our taxes by hand, carefully perusing Publication 17 to
make sure I did things correctly. The software is better. I don't want
to think about how nice a car I give the feds each year -- I just want
to fill in the forms, write the checks and forget the whole thing until
next year.

Plenty of other things to stress about :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
When you wish upon a falling star your dreams can come true. Unless