From: Nys...@LogicalInsight.net (Nyssa)
Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Subject: MegaInflation
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 10:44:57 -0500
 by: Nyssa - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 15:44 UTC

I just got back from picking up my mail from my post office
box in town and was shocked when I noticed new prices for
post office box rental had been posted.

I paid for a year in November at the rate of $98/year for
a 6x12inch sized box.

It has now gone up to $276/year for the same box.

Glad I prepay by the year, so I got the lower rate at least
until it comes due again this November.

Considering that two years ago the box rent per year was
only $66, I'd call this a case of megainflation.

I'm trying to figure out how the post office's cost of
delivering mail to a hole in the wall in the building
can justify such a huge increase.

The visit to the grocery store was bad enough with the
increases in food costs, but this latest post office
box increase really has me gobsmacked.

Nyssa, who will keep the post office box despite the
rental increase since she lives in a rural area that
has been plagued by porch pirates the past few years

Re: MegaInflation

<e0a55059-3de1-47be-9794-311d63756ee8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1958&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#1958

Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 11:09:21 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: MegaInflation
From: dakadl...@gmail.com (Dim Witte)
 by: Dim Witte - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 19:09 UTC

On Tuesday, January 31, 2023 at 6:44:32 AM UTC-9, Nyssa wrote:
> I just got back from picking up my mail from my post office
> box in town and was shocked when I noticed new prices for
> post office box rental had been posted.
>
> I paid for a year in November at the rate of $98/year for
> a 6x12inch sized box.
>
> It has now gone up to $276/year for the same box.
>
> Glad I prepay by the year, so I got the lower rate at least
> until it comes due again this November.
>
> Considering that two years ago the box rent per year was
> only $66, I'd call this a case of megainflation.
>
> I'm trying to figure out how the post office's cost of
> delivering mail to a hole in the wall in the building
> can justify such a huge increase.
>
> The visit to the grocery store was bad enough with the
> increases in food costs, but this latest post office
> box increase really has me gobsmacked.
>
> Nyssa, who will keep the post office box despite the
> rental increase since she lives in a rural area that
> has been plagued by porch pirates the past few years

I think you're right to be critical of the USPS, who charge us all for delivering unrequested 4th class mail to "resident" and keep charging so much. Mail delivery could be included in your rent, as it is where I live in government/private restricted housing in a secure building, AHFC.

Re: MegaInflation

<4d4f0651-ff2f-454a-b9ff-6ba86ecc6d9an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1985&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#1985

Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 19:50:27 -0800 (PST)
From: ggggg9...@gmail.com (gggg gggg)
 by: gggg gggg - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 03:50 UTC

On Monday, February 6, 2023 at 11:09:24 AM UTC-8, Dim Witte wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 31, 2023 at 6:44:32 AM UTC-9, Nyssa wrote:
> > I just got back from picking up my mail from my post office
> > box in town and was shocked when I noticed new prices for
> > post office box rental had been posted.
> >
> > I paid for a year in November at the rate of $98/year for
> > a 6x12inch sized box.
> >
> > It has now gone up to $276/year for the same box.
> >
> > Glad I prepay by the year, so I got the lower rate at least
> > until it comes due again this November.
> >
> > Considering that two years ago the box rent per year was
> > only $66, I'd call this a case of megainflation.
> >
> > I'm trying to figure out how the post office's cost of
> > delivering mail to a hole in the wall in the building
> > can justify such a huge increase.
> >
> > The visit to the grocery store was bad enough with the
> > increases in food costs, but this latest post office
> > box increase really has me gobsmacked.
> >
> > Nyssa, who will keep the post office box despite the
> > rental increase since she lives in a rural area that
> > has been plagued by porch pirates the past few years
> I think you're right to be critical of the USPS, who charge us all for delivering unrequested 4th class mail to "resident" and keep charging so much.. Mail delivery could be included in your rent, as it is where I live in government/private restricted housing in a secure building, AHFC.

https://news.yahoo.com/usps-employee-stole-40-000-211638828.html

interests / misc.consumers.frugal-living / Re: MegaInflation