He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know. -- Lao Tsu

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: Sharp scuffle between S. Korea, Japan in US review of N. Korea policy

SubjectAuthor
* Sharp scuffle between S. Korea, Japan in US review of N. Korea policyltlee1
+* Re: Sharp scuffle between S. Korea, Japan in US review of N. Korea policyprawn
|`* Re: Sharp scuffle between S. Korea, Japan in US review of N. Korea policyltlee1
| `* Re: Sharp scuffle between S. Korea, Japan in US review of N. Korea policypurpose bruno
|  `* Re: Sharp scuffle between S. Korea, Japan in US review of N. Korea policyltlee1
|   `- Re: Sharp scuffle between S. Korea, Japan in US review of N. Korea policywakal...@yahoo.com.sg
`- Re: Sharp scuffle between S. Korea, Japan in US review of N. Korea policygorde

1
Sharp scuffle between S. Korea, Japan in US review of N. Korea policy

<9fdcbac2-468a-4f0b-a2af-ae4023bd03abn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1711&group=soc.culture.china#1711

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 08:20:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Sharp scuffle between S. Korea, Japan in US review of N. Korea policy
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Thu, 29 Apr 2021 15:20 UTC

"A sharp scuffle appears to be going down behind the scenes between the governments of South Korea, the US and Japan about the outcome of the US review of North Korean policy, which the Biden administration will soon be announcing. Last-minute efforts to adjust the ultimate policy seem to be dragging on, with South Korean President Moon Jae-in firmly expressing his government’s stance during a recent interview with the press.

The US State Department, in a regular press briefing Friday, said that the US doesn’t have a specific timeline for the policy review when asked if the US was going to wait until Moon visits the US at the end of May.

“While we don’t have a specific timeline for the review, again, what I’ll say is that the Biden administration is conducting a thorough interagency review of our policy towards North Korea,” US State Department principal deputy spokesperson Jalina Porter said.

While Porter dodged the question about whether the review’s outcome would come out after Moon visits the US, her response suggests that the review could take somewhat longer than expected.

The reporter’s question at the US State Department press conference appears to have been prompted by Moon’s vigorous expression of his viewpoint about the Biden administration’s North Korea policy in an interview printed by the New York Times on Wednesday.

“The most important starting point for both governments is to have the will for dialogue and to sit down face to face at an early date,” Moon said in the interview. He also said the two sides should take a “gradual and phased” approach to denuclearization while “simultaneously” making concessions to each other.

More specifically, Moon called for building “a mutually trusted road map” for denuclearization “on what President Trump has left,” referring to the joint declaration reached by North Korea and the US during their 2018 summit in Singapore."

Re: Sharp scuffle between S. Korea, Japan in US review of N. Korea policy

<s6ep3b$nnn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1714&group=soc.culture.china#1714

From: pra...@prawn.com (prawn)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 00:56:57 +0800
 by: prawn - Thu, 29 Apr 2021 16:56 UTC

Japan wants to destroy North Korea but South Korea wants to reunite their
brotherhood with North Korea. US wants to dominate and absolute control of
the military of South Korea and Japan.

This is dilemma of them. Moon of South Korea wants to continue their
relationships built with Kim of North Korea. Unfortunately, US does not want
Moon to go beyond the meeting with Kim at the Panmunjom in 2018.

Moon wants to disassociate and drop the US-South Korea relations. Moon wants
to move alone to manifest good relations with Kim, without interference from
the US. Japan does US to contain and wipe out North Korea.

Japan is not happy with South Korea in building relationships with Taiwan
and other Asian countries.

"ltlee1" wrote in message

[...]

<bb003d3c-7c57-4fbb-9c35-5b2c09bd7a55n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1717&group=soc.culture.china#1717

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 15:32:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Thu, 29 Apr 2021 22:32 UTC

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 1:06:53 PM UTC-4, prawn wrote:
> Japan wants to destroy North Korea but South Korea wants to reunite their
> brotherhood with North Korea. US wants to dominate and absolute control of
> the military of South Korea and Japan.
>
> This is dilemma of them. Moon of South Korea wants to continue their
> relationships built with Kim of North Korea. Unfortunately, US does not want
> Moon to go beyond the meeting with Kim at the Panmunjom in 2018.
>
> Moon wants to disassociate and drop the US-South Korea relations. Moon wants
> to move alone to manifest good relations with Kim, without interference from
> the US. Japan does US to contain and wipe out North Korea.
>
> Japan is not happy with South Korea in building relationships with Taiwan
> and other Asian countries.
>

> "ltlee1" wrote in message
> "A sharp scuffle appears to be going down behind the scenes between the
> governments of South Korea, the US and Japan about the outcome of the US
> review of North Korean policy, which the Biden administration will soon be
> announcing. Last-minute efforts to adjust the ultimate policy seem to be
> dragging on, with South Korean President Moon Jae-in firmly expressing his
> government’s stance during a recent interview with the press.
>
> The US State Department, in a regular press briefing Friday, said that the
> US doesn’t have a specific timeline for the policy review when asked if the
> US was going to wait until Moon visits the US at the end of May.
>
> “While we don’t have a specific timeline for the review, again, what I’ll
> say is that the Biden administration is conducting a thorough interagency
> review of our policy towards North Korea,” US State Department principal
> deputy spokesperson Jalina Porter said.
>
> While Porter dodged the question about whether the review’s outcome would
> come out after Moon visits the US, her response suggests that the review
> could take somewhat longer than expected.
>
> The reporter’s question at the US State Department press conference appears
> to have been prompted by Moon’s vigorous expression of his viewpoint about
> the Biden administration’s North Korea policy in an interview printed by the
> New York Times on Wednesday.
>
> “The most important starting point for both governments is to have the will
> for dialogue and to sit down face to face at an early date,” Moon said in
> the interview. He also said the two sides should take a “gradual and phased”
> approach to denuclearization while “simultaneously” making concessions to
> each other.
>
> More specifically, Moon called for building “a mutually trusted road map”
> for denuclearization “on what President Trump has left,” referring to the
> joint declaration reached by North Korea and the US during their 2018 summit
> in Singapore."

Moon certainly wants a mutually trusted road map leading to re-unification. This
view undoubtedly reflects the desire of most Koreans. Koreans themselves probably
don't mind to have nuclear weapons if possible. But not their priority. Of course,
it would also want to mutually beneficial relation with the US. But the absence of
continuous US presence would means more autonomy as a truly independent nation.

The problem mainly lies the US and Japan. The US wants denuclearization, not necessarily
for regional peace. but for a most absolute kind of domination. Japan wants the two Koreans
remained. A united and re-invirgorated Korea could easily overtake Japan economically
and militarily, and politically. An economically weak North Korea with nuclear weapon
is rhetorically a problem. Much less so realistically. It certainly does not mind continuous
US presence in the region as long as the US is hostile to China.

China doesn't really mind a united and stronger Korea. But much less enthusiastic with
a Korea dominated by the US.

解铃还须系铃人。 China, Korea, and Japan, after all have co-existed for thousands of years.
If leave alone, they would eventually resolve the issue peacefully.

Re: Sharp scuffle between S. Korea, Japan in US review of N. Korea policy

<s6o6et$i5l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1797&group=soc.culture.china#1797

From: Bru...@creative.com. jp (purpose bruno)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 3 May 2021 14:50:03 +0800
 by: purpose bruno - Mon, 3 May 2021 06:50 UTC

The idiom 解铃还须系铃人 is "whoever started the trouble should end it".

US should just withdraw and remove and stop their whatever interference
agreements with Taiwan, Japan, and Korea.

Once this is done, the problem will be easily solved.

Hence, US should be the one to stop and end it first.

<s6oet4$cf5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1799&group=soc.culture.china#1799

From: gor...@gmail.com (gorde)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 3 May 2021 17:14:12 +0800
 by: gorde - Mon, 3 May 2021 09:14 UTC

US must listen to China's advice not to play with fire. Their interference
of Taiwan is the danger line of the firing line.

If US continues to eye balls at China warships at the Taiwan Straits, they
will get a black eye for it.

Make no mistake, US who started to do this will have to 解铃还须系铃人。

Or else, US will have to bear the consequences of stalking and eyeball and
egging China.

"ltlee1" wrote in message

[...]

<4c3b2742-f5c0-4392-ba72-c13771e90acan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1860&group=soc.culture.china#1860

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 5 May 2021 06:20:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Wed, 5 May 2021 13:20 UTC

In 1998, Madeleine Albright described the US as 'the world's indispensable nation'.
However, one can distinguish at least two poles of indispensable nation.

Naturally indispensable nation: America is Mexico and Canada's natural indispensable nation because of
geographic proximity. Whatever misfortune happened to Mexico or Canada would affect the US. In response,
the US would certainly help to mitigate the damage for its own sake as well as for Mexico or Canada. Of
course the US could also help to preclude bad things from happening to its neighbors.

The other kind can be called hegemonic indispensable nation. That is, a nation interjects itself into another
nation's internal affairs, stirs up troubles, and in the process, making itself indispensable.

<807d9e52-20d4-4683-8b76-7a92daa8d2b2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1953&group=soc.culture.china#1953

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 01:40:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: wakaluk...@yahoo.com.sg (wakal...@yahoo.com.sg)
 by: wakal...@yahoo.com.s - Mon, 10 May 2021 08:40 UTC

On Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 9:20:42 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> [...]
> > necessarily
> > for regional peace. but for a most absolute kind of domination. Japan wants
> > the two Koreans
> > remained. A united and re-invirgorated Korea could easily overtake Japan
> > economically
> > and militarily, and politically. An economically weak North Korea with
> > nuclear weapon
> > is rhetorically a problem. Much less so realistically. It certainly does
> > not mind continuous
> > US presence in the region as long as the US is hostile to China.
> >
> > China doesn't really mind a united and stronger Korea. But much less
> > enthusiastic with
> > a Korea dominated by the US.
> >
> > 解铃还须系铃人。 China, Korea, and Japan, after all have co-existed for thousands of
> > years.
> > If leave alone, they would eventually resolve the issue peacefully.

The US is today a thug running a worldwide protection racket. It is totally dispensible now.

Wakalukong

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: Sharp scuffle between S. Korea, Japan in US review of N. Korea policy