Nice guys finish last, but we get to sleep in. -- Evan Davis

interests / alt.life.sucks / Friday 7 days a week

SubjectAuthor
* Friday 7 days a weekThomas Joseph
`* Friday 7 days a weekOllieNorthie@aol.com
 +- Friday 7 days a weekThomas Joseph
 `* Friday 7 days a weekThomas Joseph
  `* Friday 7 days a weekOllieNorthie@aol.com
   `* Friday 7 days a weekThomas Joseph
    `- Friday 7 days a weekOllieNorthie@aol.com

1
Friday 7 days a week

<3a53ef4e-4cd0-418b-963f-e8552bbcc7c8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1935&group=alt.life.sucks#1935

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 12:30:49 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Friday 7 days a week
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 19:30 UTC

Joe Friday. Saw two episodes this morning and they never get old. I like a lot of different things about the show. Despite it's cornball approach it is well done in many ways, including the cornball approach. Very easy to take. What I like most is the way Friday always get the last word, usually with whoever he's talking to taken aback in some way, as if smacked in the face by an epiphany. Even if what Friday says is not all that memorable it carries a lot of weight because it's the final comment. No one responds to it, they only react. Last night for maybe the first time I saw someone other than Friday get the last line in - and they did it on Friday. It was not a suspect, it was another cop - so I guess that made it ok. It was funny to see the switcheroo, the cop out-Fridaying Friday himself. Lots of sermons lately, mostly to young suburban kids taking the wrong path in life - out to take down the man, to squash the pigs. But then Friday gets them in the back room and starts telling them what they don't know about police work - the hours, the sacrifice, the dangers, etc. - and suddenly one of the kids finally gets the message. He is the leader of the gang, so when his mates start chuckling at Friday he puts up his hand and yells, "Cool it man!", and they all shut up and listen to Friday's continuing sermon.

Re: Friday 7 days a week

<9c95a8f9-dc2c-458b-89a9-a4d5347cbeb1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1961&group=alt.life.sucks#1961

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 08:41:00 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Friday 7 days a week
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 15:41 UTC

On Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 3:30:50 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> Joe Friday. Saw two episodes this morning and they never get old. I like a lot of different things about the show. Despite it's cornball approach it is well done in many ways, including the cornball approach. Very easy to take. What I like most is the way Friday always get the last word, usually with whoever he's talking to taken aback in some way, as if smacked in the face by an epiphany. Even if what Friday says is not all that memorable it carries a lot of weight because it's the final comment. No one responds to it, they only react. Last night for maybe the first time I saw someone other than Friday get the last line in - and they did it on Friday. It was not a suspect, it was another cop - so I guess that made it ok. It was funny to see the switcheroo, the cop out-Fridaying Friday himself. Lots of sermons lately, mostly to young suburban kids taking the wrong path in life - out to take down the man, to squash the pigs. But then Friday gets them in the back room and starts telling them what they don't know about police work - the hours, the sacrifice, the dangers, etc. - and suddenly one of the kids finally gets the message. He is the leader of the gang, so when his mates start chuckling at Friday he puts up his hand and yells, "Cool it man!", and they all shut up and listen to Friday's continuing sermon.

Even though as a kid I saw the corniness in it I wonder if it did not work it a sub conscious way making be the man I am today. A loser.

Re: Friday 7 days a week

<b9d04a80-4a4f-4d16-97f3-31962bff3c1cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1970&group=alt.life.sucks#1970

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 12:48:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 19:48 UTC

> Even though as a kid I saw the corniness in it I wonder if it did not work it a sub conscious way making be the man I am today. A loser.

Remember this as you make your way through life. Anyone man enough to admit he is a loser is a real winner in my book. As a rule I don't like people who consider themselves winners, or worse people who think other people are losers for whatever reason. I don't believe there are winners and losers in life. Oh sure, in some small way I suppose a person could be called a loser, like for instance if a guy is chased down by someone and he has to fight for his life and winds up getting beaten to death. I suppose people seeing that happen would consider him the loser, naturally. Yes, he is dead, but he got there first. He got first to where the other guy is heading anyway. In a way maybe that makes him a winner. When it comes to the loser/winner motif all I can say is, "Who knows? For the love of God who knows?"

Re: Friday 7 days a week

<edd8983f-b24a-4490-a389-496685436087n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1971&group=alt.life.sucks#1971

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 12:51:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 19:51 UTC

> Even though as a kid I saw the corniness in it I wonder if it did not work it a sub conscious way making be the man I am today. A loser.

Maybe I am naive but a part of me thinks even the super square looking Webb saw the humor in it. Even if it he didn't, I'll bet those who used him for the part did. Somewhere along the way someone or some group of someones responsible for the production - Webb or not - had to be aware of the humor because it was a popular show and ran for a long time and most kids I knew thought it was funny too. The perfect type of humor. Not billed as humor.. I like that type the best. Accidental art.

Re: Friday 7 days a week

<354b9419-adae-455b-8dcc-dcf439601a44n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1992&group=alt.life.sucks#1992

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 02:33:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Thu, 15 Jul 2021 09:33 UTC

On Wednesday, July 14, 2021 at 3:51:26 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Even though as a kid I saw the corniness in it I wonder if it did not work it a sub conscious way making be the man I am today. A loser.
> Maybe I am naive but a part of me thinks even the super square looking Webb saw the humor in it. Even if it he didn't, I'll bet those who used him for the part did. Somewhere along the way someone or some group of someones responsible for the production - Webb or not - had to be aware of the humor because it was a popular show and ran for a long time and most kids I knew thought it was funny too. The perfect type of humor. Not billed as humor. I like that type the best. Accidental art.

Jack is dead and we will never know. All in depth interviews with Jack were destroyed by his partner Harry Morgan.

Re: Friday 7 days a week

<004553a3-29f8-4fc8-89a8-78a444fa4b8cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2013&group=alt.life.sucks#2013

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 13:54:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Thu, 15 Jul 2021 20:54 UTC

> Jack is dead and we will never know. All in depth interviews with Jack were destroyed by his partner Harry Morgan.

When I drove cab I saw Webb a number of times at a restaurant I used to pick up at on the strip. The more of Dragnet I see the more it becomes one of my favorite shows. Even when they suck they're at least funny. Some of the intros lately have been straight and to the point like, "This is the city, Los Angeles California, I carry a badge." That's fine, I get it. But I like the more detailed intros like, "People come here from all over. They come looking for work. They come looking for play. Some come looking for trouble. That's where I come in. I carry a badge." Of course we can't neglect another truth about some of these shows, which is the running time. A half hour is good.

Re: Friday 7 days a week

<46e4c025-acab-4b2a-a718-da304d2f6128n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2034&group=alt.life.sucks#2034

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 14:35:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Fri, 16 Jul 2021 21:35 UTC

On Thursday, July 15, 2021 at 4:54:36 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Jack is dead and we will never know. All in depth interviews with Jack were destroyed by his partner Harry Morgan.
> When I drove cab I saw Webb a number of times at a restaurant I used to pick up at on the strip. The more of Dragnet I see the more it becomes one of my favorite shows. Even when they suck they're at least funny. Some of the intros lately have been straight and to the point like, "This is the city, Los Angeles California, I carry a badge." That's fine, I get it. But I like the more detailed intros like, "People come here from all over. They come looking for work. They come looking for play. Some come looking for trouble. That's where I come in. I carry a badge." Of course we can't neglect another truth about some of these shows, which is the running time. A half hour is good.

This is the city. Millions of negroes live here. But whan a negro gets uppity thats where I come in. I hate negros.

interests / alt.life.sucks / Friday 7 days a week