Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 09:56:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2021-06-10 Thursday
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Thu, 10 Jun 2021 16:56 UTC

10:13 6/10/2021
Flying with Schultz out of the airport:

There's a rather *wonderful* old TV show (from the early-to-mid-'60s) that runs in syndication, named "Hogans Heroes". One of the lead supporting actors in that show was a heavyset actor named John Banner (IRL) who played the part of Schultz, the primary guard of the allied POWs.

In the dream, the dreamer was flying north, riding as a passenger in a jet, similar to a 727, taking off *out* of an airport with Schultz (in costume, being a German WWII sergeant's uniform, *in helmet!*) seated at the dreamer's left, with Shultz at the left window seat, with the dreamer to Schultz's right, on the aisle (although nothing of the aisle or anything else to the dreamer's right was observed.) The dreamer was pointing out the landscape outside the window during the take-off, notably, "[That's my (former) property, on Asbury Lane.]"

Now In Real Life, there is no airport "south of the property" such that a passenger plane would be "taking off" from that area. There is, however, an airport some miles to the east of that area (IRL) but it is only barely large enough to land a 727 on a *cool* morning, which in fact, one did land there back around 2002, according to an article by Emily Heffter Emily (Heffter, Emily (May 6, 2002). "MTSU's 'classroom with wings' about to land". The Tennessean.) (I took my son, Charles, to go see the landing, live, in person, IRL.) Clarity 9, except that the geography and Schultz character are incongruous with real life, as John Banner died some time back.

10:58 6/10/2021
11:38 6/10/2021

The dreamer was with some other person (possibly female) in a place similar to an outdoor environment, and normally I prefer to avoid ambiguity, but it *may* have been indoors as well. Location really wasn't the issue, as there was something akin to a *small ball of gas* that was free floating in the atmosphere. Apparently the objective was to "light" it (afire) and apparently it *got away from* the other person, whereas the dreamer had something like a lit torch (like a welder's pipe through which fuel flows) that was used to light the ball of gas, following which the dreamer kept [his] hand cupped so as to prevent the wind from blowing the lit ball of gas into oblivion. The only thing I can think of is that *maybe* the lit ball of gas represents an idea that has been "kindled" and is being shared (or merely "traveling") "on the wind" so to speak. Clarity 7 (symbolic) is about the only thing I can think of regarding this.

And sure, there were likely other dreams, but they've simply evaporated beyond the point of recall at this time.