Newsgroups: or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,alt.law-enforcement,soc.history.war.misc
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Bill_Barr_says_he’s_backing_Trump_2024_because_
‘far left’ is a greater threat:
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 19:56:12 -0700
 by: a425couple - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 02:56 UTC

I do not currently agree. But his thoughts are always
worth considering.

from
https://nypost.com/2024/04/21/us-news/bill-barr-backs-trump-2024-warns-far-left-more-of-a-threat/?utm_source=gmail&utm_campaign=android_nyp

Bill Barr says he’s backing Trump 2024 because ‘far left’ is a greater
threat: ‘Heavy-handed bunch of thugs’
By Social Links forRyan King
Published April 21, 2024, 10:00 a.m. ET
Former Attorney General Bill Barr is backing his old boss in the
November election despite their very public fallout — because he
believes the “far left” is an even greater threat to the US.

Barr, 73, disputed the notion that former President Donald Trump will be
worse for democracy than President Biden, and warned about the rise of
the “far left.”

“The Biden administration is in fact the greater threat to democracy,”
Barr told Fox News’ “Cavuto Live” on Saturday.

Bill Barr
4 The former attorney general clashed with Donald Trump over the 2020
election.
AFP via Getty Images
“I think that they have a totalitarian temper. They have bought into the
progressive movement. And they’re trying to squelch opposition and
freedom of speech.”

“It’s a heavy-handed bunch of thugs in my opinion, and that’s where the
threat is,” Barr said at another point about the far-left.

The former attorney general had a tumultuous and bitter last couple of
weeks in the Trump White House and clashed with then-President Trump
over his claims about election fraud.

Barr was adamant that there was no proof of Trump’s allegations and
ultimately announced in December 2020 that he would step down from his
post early.

Since then, Barr quickly emerged as one of Trump’s loudest critics from
his first administration in the public domain. He urged Republican
voters to select one of his primary rivals in the 2024 cycle.

Additionally, Barr has opined on Trump’s various legal woes and in some
instances suggested his old boss may have violated the law, while
caveating he didn’t want to see him behind bars.

Donald Trump
4 Donald Trump similarly raged against former Attorney General Jeff Sessions.
AP
Trump has periodically lashed out at Barr, bashing him as ” Weak, Slow
Moving, Lethargic, Gutless, and Lazy” among other attacks. But Barr had
kept voting for him on the table nonetheless.

SEE ALSO
Former U.S. President Donald Trump speaking at a Republican presidential
campaign rally in Green Bay, Wisconsin, April 2, 2024.
Trump calls for Republicans to vote early and by absentee after railing
against it in 2020
“I have made clear that I strongly oppose Trump for the nomination and
will not endorse Trump,” Barr told NBC News in July of last year.

However, at times, Barr also explained that “it’s inconceivable to me
that I wouldn’t vote for the Republican nominee.”

“I’m not happy with the choice. I think it’s a terrible choice for the
country. But it is a choice. At the end of the day, we have to select
between two individuals,” Barr said Saturday.

He cited a litany of policy concerns such as the “avalanche of
regulations” and other traditional conservative priorities as part of
his rationale for picking Trump.

“I was fine with his policies. I think his policies were good policies.
My problems came with his behavior, which I found very troubling after
the election,” Barr said.

Last Wednesday, Barr caused a stir by revealing that he intended to
support his old boss ahead of the Nov. 5 election.

Bill Barr
4 Bill Barr noted that he’s not thrilled with the presidential choices
this cycle.
ZUMAPRESS.com
“Trump may be playing Russian roulette, but a continuation of the Biden
administration is national suicide, in my opinion,” Barr told Fox News’
“America’s Newsroom” Wednesday.

Biden has largely predicated his 2024 reelection campaign on the notion
that Trump poses a grave threat to democracy.

Barr also mused that should Trump emerge victorious, he will run into
trouble recruiting talent into his administration given his unencumbered
style of politics and antics.

Joe Biden
4 President Biden has pitched himself as a protector of democracy ahead of
the election.
AFP via Getty Images
He also posited that Trump will likely place a high premium on tracking
down individuals for key posts whom “he feels would be more subservient
to him.”

A bevy of prominent anti-Trump Republicans such as Barr have begun
rallying around the former president now that he is the de facto nominee.

422
What do you think? Post a comment.
The Post contacted the Biden campaign for comment.

FILED UNDER 2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION DEMOCRACY DONALD TRUMP THE
LEFT WILLIAM BARR 4/21/24
READ NEXT
TikTok star who makes living off Chinese-owned app reveals...

Conversation422 Comments
Share your stance. Please adhere to our guidelines.
Sort by

Best
Lily Marlene
12 hours ago

And he's right, of course. The far left have shown themselves to be far
less tolerant, more censorius, against free speech and much more willing
to impose draconian methods to silence anything that doesn't fit their
political agenda, or beliefs. The social media-era was made for that
kind of approa...

See more

Share
john russo
11 hours ago

Barr should get all over TV and undo the bad press he gave TRUMP

Share

4 replies

2 hours ago

Is he also right when he says there was no election fraud and that Trump
should be convicted in the documents case?

Share

Show 3 more replies
BerksCatBill
12 hours ago

Barr knew this a long time ago.

I remember a speech he gave at Notre Dame. Barr clearly described the
left's true intentions for their country. He said we should all
understand that our constitution stands in the way of the left's
ultimate designs for the world.

As far as I'm concerned understandi...

See more

Share
Best Best in the world
11 hours ago

He's pretty self-important to think anyone cares what he thinks. He's
got exactly one vote. Other than that he's just some disloyal bureaucrat.

Share
Jim Henson's Chairman Mao Babies
7 hours ago

I've got a cat at home that's more consistent than Bill is.

Share

Show 2 more replies
BlueCupcake
11 hours ago

He’s correct. The leftists controlling Joe Biden envision a Hong Kong
style democracy in America. In Hong Kong the citizens choose from CCP
approved candidates . The genuine opposition is imprisoned like they’re
attempting to do with Donald Trump. Democrats have forced voter’s hands
and we now have...

See more