I love dogs, but I hate Chihuahuas. A Chihuahua isn't a dog. It's a rat with a thyroid problem.

interests / alt.dreams / 2021-05-28 Friday

SubjectAuthor
* 2021-05-25 TuesdayRichard Silk
`* 2021-05-26 WednesdayRichard Silk
 `* 2021-05-27 ThursdayRichard Silk
  `* 2021-05-27 ThursdayRichard Silk
   `- 2021-05-28 FridayRichard Silk

1
2021-05-25 Tuesday

<07bfd491-4b8b-469f-bbda-61c787963463n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1918&group=alt.dreams#1918

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 11:17:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2021-05-25 Tuesday
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Tue, 25 May 2021 18:17 UTC

I was up until LATE this morning, around 3:30 AM, working on catching up on lotsa stuff after replacing the hard drive on my laptop. Things are working MUCH better now as a result √ Fortunately, I was able to "save" my libraries and personal files before the old hard drive went completely "bad." Meanwhile, I've been spending a LOT of time "restoring" and most of all "reconfiguring" my system so that I can get to the places and do the things that I enjoy doing most whilst seated at my laptop (most all day long..)

One of the better improvements has been to add to my online (theological) library (tinyurl.com/IntroToTheAdvocate) by adding an entire new page, tinyurl.com/ITTA-Topic-Ks (regarding Karma & Sin.) There's a wonderful little graphic on that page regarding John 7:24 (explained / illustrated.) Of course, now I see how a "Gimbal fan" allows air current to be directed in any (basic) direction. But on to dreams from "last night" (this morning)— about the only thing I can remember at all had to do with driving vehicles / a vehicle, and some conversation with someone else there. I have a hunch that other "someone else" may have represented my "higher conscience," but that's just a guess at this point. "An objective perspective" is the best I can do for now.... guess I could use a nap.

2021-05-26 Wednesday

<e7e550e6-c9c4-42e3-9eb3-2818de44f9f3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1921&group=alt.dreams#1921

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 10:50:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2021-05-26 Wednesday
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Wed, 26 May 2021 17:50 UTC

11:09 5/26/2021
I "got up" a bit early this morning (around 8:30-ish) and began a "morning routine," however, I still felt a need to sleep just a bit more. So when the roomba robot began its morning routine at 9, I took a small nap on the "comfy couch" and sure enough, just nipped right off into dreamland.

There was this odd dream about a house and a guy who came over to do something, like clean out a toilet or septic tank, but it was as if he were only half-needed. Whatever he began was left "unfinished" as if it wasn't really necessary.
Most of the "presence" in that dream was in a large room, except where this guy was supposed to be working. He was about 25-ish, with blondish hair, and I (the dreamer) was half-way irked that he apparently had not finished his job.
I went to look in the small room adjacent to the large one, and the small one had a something like an open pit area, maybe 1½'x3', that revealed what looked like mud about a foot or so below floor level. Down IN the mud, a coin much like a shiny quarter but more like the size of a silver dollar was down in there (along with something else which I am unable to consciously identify) and I had the impression that the "helper" guy (for some reason, I want to call him "Chad" in this written recounting of nap-on-the-couch-dreams) had possibly dropped the coin in there when he had allegedly been "checking out" the issue (whatever it may have been. I have the impression he was there to clean out a clogged toilet, but to continue....) He seemed totally uninterested in the room with the potential coin & clog, but instead seemed more interested in the large room (which was practically barren) then went outside.
A few moments later, I (the dreamer) caught up with him, and discovered he had been investigating this LARGE industrial piece of machinery that had been left out near the <northeast> corner of the <back> yard. This device was BIG: larger than a Greyhound bus, possibly twice as wide, and 1½ times longer. It had a blue exterior, looking MUCH like the recycling containers a person may see along the road in various areas (or used to, before the Chinese stopped accepting plastics, which basically shut down almost the entire recycling system *everywhere*) but there was *also* a kind of "companion" device further off <east> in an are of the <back> yard that was further "east" of where this "big blue" monstrosity was located.
A bit about this "Big Blue" bin: "Chad" was there as if he'd taken a crack at working at it, and there were brass keys laid around as if these keys had been required to unlock the side access panels of Big Blue. I spotted one key for certain, although I had the impression there were a few sets upon the ground, as if each side access panel had required its own key. It also occurred to me as I write this down that leaving keys lying about like that reflects a rather poor work habit. They should've been kept together in order to avoid loss, which IS a thought that crossed the dreamer's mind.. The dreamer would likely have gotten around to collecting these key rings, except that the contents of the container were visible, and they involved all SORTS of junk— although mostly paper, there was also a brown suitcase (possibly a briefcase, but it was larger, more like a suitcase) amongst the rubbish. So either that was tossed in accidentally, or else perhaps checking for such odd things was part of the reason for having side access panels, but regardless, the dreamer had the idea that somehow this big blue piece of equipment was possibly designed for *shredding* whatever was in it. The *other* (smaller) machine (also blue) further back in the corner of the lot gave the dreamer the impression that it may have possibly been used for collecting the shredded output of BIG blue, possibly as a second stage of shredding reduction.
At any rate, the dreamer felt a bit irked at Chad at having apparently opened up these side panels, left the keys on the ground, and apparently NOT done anything to finish the processing of all that stuff. The dreamer was getting the impression that "Chad" may have been a somewhat mindless worker, although things like "lazy" or possibly "criminal" did not enter the dreamer's mind. I'm merely putting these here as comparative conditions to show what did NOT enter the dreamer's mind. He did, however, wonder why Chad was apparently only investigating without actually *doing* anything "productive."

11:41 5/26/2021
The restaurant? The dreamer was in a large, open type room, much like a seating hall of a restaurant, only the floor was mostly empty, and there was music heard coming from somewhere as if there may have been a speaker system installed in the ceiling, except that the dreamer couldn't actually determine from which direction the music was coming, so [he] moved along (it was practically a gliding-like motion in the dream, as if walking without a body, but not like having to control a power chair or push a wheel chair, either. I'm of the opinion that "walking" in dreams is basically perceived as "gliding") toward (let's say) the southern end of the area. There was a wall along the right (west) but the architecture allowed the dreamer to go around the southern-most end of that wall and around it, as if at a pavilion in which there was no southern wall to stop the dreamer from going "around" the wall's southern end. The dreamer comes around northward again, now with the wall to his right (east) and it's as if this area may have been like a covered porch, perhaps as a design feature of "outside dining," as there is now no western wall to speak of. The dreamer passes at least one table (I seem to recall two or more) that was set as if for upcoming diners / guests. I *seem* to recall at least one bowl of boiled eggs, not unlike deviled eggs, only these were whole, and while the dreamer was tempted to nip one along the way, he was more interested in finding the source of that music (it was Country Joe McDonald and the fish) playing "Whoopee! We're All Gonna Die" (youtu.be/Jk68D91hTXw) and in continuing northward, a few people appeared to be gathering, likely for an adult birthday party of some sort, and one of the NOT-understood images involves a short bench, the kind with parallel slats for the seat and back, maybe 3'-4' wide, with black wrought iron (possibly "cast iron") scroll-like ends (each end having a front and rear leg-foot, the side arm support, and the back spine support.) There appeared to be some kind of heavy, link chain around the bottom of this bench, as if circled around it, and the color of "yellow" which may have been the color the chain links may have been spray painted, but all I can recall is there was a "yellow" color associated with that area. The wood of the bench was brown, and the side irons were black.
There was an elderly lady of some sort there to clean or possibly "tidy up" a bit, when the dreamer sees (of all people!) Taylor Swift arriving to sit down, by herself, without any kind of "posse" around her. She appeared "plain" as if without any major facial makeup to speak of. She sits (facing north) at a table much like a picnic bench *beside* the shorter bench. The dreamer sits down beside her, at the east end (much like an "end cap") of the bench and starts up a conversation with Taylor, but of a kind of discussion that was "different" from most types of fan or even music-business chatter. What follows is a ROUGH approximation of what the dreamer said to Taylor:
"Hey, I was following some music in the air, looking for it's source." (Again, this is a ROUGH approximation. The "feel" of the conversation was slightly more "engaging," but not by much....) Either there was no acknowledgement of the music, or the subject simply "changed":
"I heard this story about a guy I wanted to share with you." And there was a tiny bit of fluff added here to help transition the discussion into what the guy was doing or saying or sharing in the story, when the dreamer mentions the guy's name, "Jesus."
It *seemed* like Taylor echoed the name back to the dreamer, "Jesus—" not quite like a question, and not quite like a dismissal, but more like a flat echo of the name. "Yeah, 'Jesus'. He spoke logically to people." And while the mind of the dreamer wanted to get into "Love thine enemies", the dreamer simply repeated, "Logic, logic, logic...." as the dream ended, and as I awoke on the couch, I was thinking, "You dummy! Go back there and tell her more!!"

2021-05-27 Thursday

<d42ce849-6832-4376-86d5-fde6ddd5d766n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1922&group=alt.dreams#1922

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 11:58:19 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2021-05-27 Thursday
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Thu, 27 May 2021 18:58 UTC

13:13 5/27/2021
A bit late today: I awoke around 8:30 AM for long enough to process some Sudoku and a crossword puzzle and start a pot of coffee, but during this I recalled an odd dream about a full moon setting in the *east*— that part didn't actually "occur" to me, only that as I recalled the setting, it appeared to be out my kitchen window, which *faces* east, where the full moon may be seen rising if one happens to be there at the right time of day / evening. Also, the horizon differed in the dream from the horizon viewed in real life: In the dream, the distant horizon was level, as if a view of a distant mountain range, OR possibly of hills covered with trees, or simply a row of distant trees across a flat expanse. IRL, the view out of the kitchen window is of the neighborhood houses on the east side of the street (which runs north-south, maybe 5°–15° toward the west, but I do not recall the exact measurement at the moment) and the moon has to be up a bit before becoming visible above the opposite-side house and trees.

Here's what DID catch the dreamer's attention: The dreamer saw the moon setting, but to get a longer view, went up on tiptoes in order to maintain the view of the moon (as it WAS setting, even though the dreamer was unaware of this setting "facing east" instead of west.) The dreamer had to again doublecheck the tiptoes, because the view was beautiful enough to get a better look, and as this view was being watched, the moon set *rapidly* below the horizon! Upon waking, I had two possible interpretations jump to mind, despite the moon setting *in the east,* where interpretation 1 may have had something to do with my elderly mother (who sometimes has her "stronger" days and sometimes has her "weaker" days) but THAT led to interpretation 2, that what (actually, "who") I *really* need in my life is Gina, because the moon rises and sets in her eyes.

13:25 5/27/2021
a different dream involved the dreamer at a type of half-office, half-production type job, where the objective was to fill these 8½x11" (possibly 9x12?) manilla folders with some type of "stuff." Not taking the time to actually identify the material, it appeared similar to small slips of paper *about* the size of individually cut out cartoons from the daily paper. The dreamer was apparently supposed to have produced a number of these, but only did about 5 to 5½ envelopes' worth, as seen collected in a cabinet drawer. A supervisor (or possibly just a co-worker?) was there, and the dreamer had this kind of feeling of apology, that such was "all I could manage to get" done for that shift. This little interlude was interrupted by a klaxon (horn / alarm / buzzer) going off along with those rotating gold lights like at a K-Mart blue-light special, only the lamp(s) I saw produced golden light. Either way, it was some kind of alarm, and there was a sense similar to "FIRE!" or "SMOKE!" but no MAJOR rush as if in a panic, more like a sense of urgency regarding an important moment about to occur.

Re: 2021-05-27 Thursday

<d464aa98-8e04-4a95-b3dd-1b977ee55a3en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1923&group=alt.dreams#1923

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 12:11:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: 2021-05-27 Thursday
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Thu, 27 May 2021 19:11 UTC

On Thursday, May 27, 2021, I just remembered:

There was one other dream involving an upstairs SMALL room in a house, maybe 8'x8' at the most, likely closer to 6'x6', with white painted walls, and something to do with the dreamer having been downstairs but was led upstairs (mostly a sense of curiosity, as to what was this all about?) as if by someone such as either a maid OR a house-supervisor of some kind, *possibly* a resident.

The dreamer was somewhat stunned (not quite the right word for it... neither is "awed", nor "mystified," but more like "incredulous" to find a room that apparently had been totally forgotten about! Someone was "reminding" the dreamer in a manner akin to: "Don't you remember painting it?" And, in real life, I have painted more than my share of rooms, so the flood of memories that poured in from that question was enough to basically bring the dreamer's mind to focus on just that one room in the dream, and there seemed to be *some* glint of recollection present. Meanwhile, there was something *in* the room similar to a roll-top desk, which was rather charming in its own right. There also happened to be something akin to a few prized toys that had been placed there, as my daughter Alyssa came to mind, which brought up a moment of deep sadness / nostalgia. I do not recall much else from that point, as I feel the dream ended there, other than perhaps the dreamer exiting the room to the hallway.

2021-05-28 Friday

<a8d5fa35-4c7e-4120-9a39-2785bf7958f5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1924&group=alt.dreams#1924

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 23:38:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2021-05-28 Friday
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Sat, 29 May 2021 06:38 UTC

Just a catch-up here, as I've been busy all day. There was this one dream involving a female, allegedly one from my past, except the name(s) kept getting mixed up somehow. IRL, there was a gal named "Mary McHenry" who was a real firecracker and played trumpet in the band. In the dream, however, a female character seemed to be "posing" as her, but under a different name, such as "Coleman" (but the actual name that was used is evaporated due to this post being made so late....) The interesting thing about the female character in the dream is that she appeared very morbid, zombie-like, and although I could describe the texture of her "face" in more detail, I prefer to avoid that particular exercise. The interesting thing, however, is the face seemed apparently happy inside, as if lit with some inner joy at my recognition, even though the name(s) were somehow scrambled.