The worst is enemy of the bad.

interests / misc.consumers.frugal-living / Should I Hire A Financial Advisor

SubjectAuthor
* Should I Hire A Financial AdvisorBeaver Fever
+* Re: Should I Hire A Financial AdvisorDim Witte
|`* Re: Should I Hire A Financial AdvisorBeaver Fever
| +- Re: Should I Hire A Financial AdvisorDim Witte
| `- Re: Should I Hire A Financial AdvisorBob F
`- Re: Should I Hire A Financial Advisorgggg gggg

1
Should I Hire A Financial Advisor

<a26318ce-4c05-4597-b544-aac7e060e175n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1909&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#1909

Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 10:53:17 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Should I Hire A Financial Advisor
From: Beaver_F...@live.com (Beaver Fever)
 by: Beaver Fever - Thu, 26 Jan 2023 18:53 UTC

I have a huge chunkochange just sitting in my Bank Of America account and I don't really understand what I am reading.

Actually 2022 mighta been my roughest year since 2000-ish and I had a hard time reading anything

My (former) business associate recommended someone like a year ago

HELP

Re: Should I Hire A Financial Advisor

<f977e128-4592-4646-89a0-1740f3128451n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1912&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#1912

Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 12:03:39 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Should I Hire A Financial Advisor
From: dakadl...@gmail.com (Dim Witte)
 by: Dim Witte - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 20:03 UTC

On Thursday, January 26, 2023 at 9:53:19 AM UTC-9, Beaver Fever wrote:
> I have a huge chunkochange just sitting in my Bank Of America account and I don't really understand what I am reading.
>
> Actually 2022 mighta been my roughest year since 2000-ish and I had a hard time reading anything
>
> My (former) business associate recommended someone like a year ago
>
> HELP

IF you have a relative that you trust enough to be an executor of your will, that's probably the best. Problem is relatives who distrust each other and want to get their share. Lucky if you have family with other needy members like yourself, who will "take you in" in some fashion. I recently had to deny a so-called nephew who tried to identified as such, because I remember too well his parents shiftiness. Had no memory of him. See this acted out on TV series about "Hoarders."

An attorney can probably write you up some legal documents that specify how assets can be used, probably requiring who your trust director is.

Must be lots of organizations, church and other, who are able to advise on your predicament. When I search for such on internet, I find: some that are providing basic care for the needy, and some that are costly. Maybe good to approach AARP and local social services for free advice about assisted living, etc..

I would be considering getting either full-time live-in aide or part-time assistance at first. Where I live, which is in a government-assisted apartment complex, paying only 30% of income, we have a Social Services Director who coordinates our needs and available services. Through her, we can arrange for regular help, but not live-in arrangements.

Re: Should I Hire A Financial Advisor

<e5587da3-c3b8-4fa3-8007-6fb57c814d18n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1913&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#1913

Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 17:39:44 -0800 (PST)
From: ggggg9...@gmail.com (gggg gggg)
 by: gggg gggg - Sat, 28 Jan 2023 01:39 UTC

On Thursday, January 26, 2023 at 10:53:19 AM UTC-8, Beaver Fever wrote:
> I have a huge chunkochange just sitting in my Bank Of America account and I don't really understand what I am reading.
>
> Actually 2022 mighta been my roughest year since 2000-ish and I had a hard time reading anything
>
> My (former) business associate recommended someone like a year ago
>
> HELP

https://groups.google.com/u/1/g/misc.consumers.frugal-living/c/8deyNg9rP5g/m/__m8I0kZAAAJ

Re: Should I Hire A Financial Advisor

<f876b070-ed56-46cf-9fa6-40cbebccda00n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1914&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#1914

Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 11:22:01 -0800 (PST)
From: Beaver_F...@live.com (Beaver Fever)
 by: Beaver Fever - Sat, 28 Jan 2023 19:22 UTC

On Friday, January 27, 2023 at 12:03:41 PM UTC-8, daka...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, January 26, 2023 at 9:53:19 AM UTC-9, Beaver Fever wrote:
> > I have a huge chunkochange just sitting in my Bank Of America account and I don't really understand what I am reading.
> >
> > Actually 2022 mighta been my roughest year since 2000-ish and I had a hard time reading anything
> >
> > My (former) business associate recommended someone like a year ago
> >
> > HELP
> IF you have a relative that you trust enough to be an executor of your will, that's probably the best. Problem is relatives who distrust each other and want to get their share. Lucky if you have family with other needy members like yourself, who will "take you in" in some fashion. I recently had to deny a so-called nephew who tried to identified as such, because I remember too well his parents shiftiness. Had no memory of him. See this acted out on TV series about "Hoarders."
>
> An attorney can probably write you up some legal documents that specify how assets can be used, probably requiring who your trust director is.
>
> Must be lots of organizations, church and other, who are able to advise on your predicament. When I search for such on internet, I find: some that are providing basic care for the needy, and some that are costly. Maybe good to approach AARP and local social services for free advice about assisted living, etc..
>
> I would be considering getting either full-time live-in aide or part-time assistance at first. Where I live, which is in a government-assisted apartment complex, paying only 30% of income, we have a Social Services Director who coordinates our needs and available services. Through her, we can arrange for regular help, but not live-in arrangements.

None of this has the least bit of relevance to me or what was posted here

though my roommate was asked and refused

Re: Should I Hire A Financial Advisor

<6b9d84ad-781d-4ea4-be97-f0c4403f18f0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1915&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#1915

Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 13:50:54 -0800 (PST)
From: dakadl...@gmail.com (Dim Witte)
 by: Dim Witte - Sat, 28 Jan 2023 21:50 UTC

On Saturday, January 28, 2023 at 10:22:03 AM UTC-9, Beaver Fever wrote:
> On Friday, January 27, 2023 at 12:03:41 PM UTC-8, daka...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Thursday, January 26, 2023 at 9:53:19 AM UTC-9, Beaver Fever wrote:
> > > I have a huge chunkochange just sitting in my Bank Of America account and I don't really understand what I am reading.
> > >
> > > Actually 2022 mighta been my roughest year since 2000-ish and I had a hard time reading anything
> > >
> > > My (former) business associate recommended someone like a year ago
> > >
> > > HELP
> > IF you have a relative that you trust enough to be an executor of your will, that's probably the best. Problem is relatives who distrust each other and want to get their share. Lucky if you have family with other needy members like yourself, who will "take you in" in some fashion. I recently had to deny a so-called nephew who tried to identified as such, because I remember too well his parents shiftiness. Had no memory of him. See this acted out on TV series about "Hoarders."
> >
> > An attorney can probably write you up some legal documents that specify how assets can be used, probably requiring who your trust director is.
> >
> > Must be lots of organizations, church and other, who are able to advise on your predicament. When I search for such on internet, I find: some that are providing basic care for the needy, and some that are costly. Maybe good to approach AARP and local social services for free advice about assisted living, etc..
> >
> > I would be considering getting either full-time live-in aide or part-time assistance at first. Where I live, which is in a government-assisted apartment complex, paying only 30% of income, we have a Social Services Director who coordinates our needs and available services. Through her, we can arrange for regular help, but not live-in arrangements.
> None of this has the least bit of relevance to me or what was posted here
>
> though my roommate was asked and refused

You say you have "a huge chunk of money" as a resource, so maybe you pay someone to be your "assisted-living" roommate, like a relative that is also willing to help, or pay another family to accommodate you?

Re: Should I Hire A Financial Advisor

<tr45cg$2d78f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1916&group=misc.consumers.frugal-living#1916

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 13:51:11 -0800
 by: Bob F - Sat, 28 Jan 2023 21:51 UTC

On 1/28/2023 11:22 AM, Beaver Fever wrote:
> On Friday, January 27, 2023 at 12:03:41 PM UTC-8, daka...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Thursday, January 26, 2023 at 9:53:19 AM UTC-9, Beaver Fever wrote:
>>> I have a huge chunkochange just sitting in my Bank Of America account and I don't really understand what I am reading.
>>>
>>> Actually 2022 mighta been my roughest year since 2000-ish and I had a hard time reading anything
>>>
>>> My (former) business associate recommended someone like a year ago
>>>
>>> HELP
>> IF you have a relative that you trust enough to be an executor of your will, that's probably the best. Problem is relatives who distrust each other and want to get their share. Lucky if you have family with other needy members like yourself, who will "take you in" in some fashion. I recently had to deny a so-called nephew who tried to identified as such, because I remember too well his parents shiftiness. Had no memory of him. See this acted out on TV series about "Hoarders."
>>
>> An attorney can probably write you up some legal documents that specify how assets can be used, probably requiring who your trust director is.
>>
>> Must be lots of organizations, church and other, who are able to advise on your predicament. When I search for such on internet, I find: some that are providing basic care for the needy, and some that are costly. Maybe good to approach AARP and local social services for free advice about assisted living, etc..
>>
>> I would be considering getting either full-time live-in aide or part-time assistance at first. Where I live, which is in a government-assisted apartment complex, paying only 30% of income, we have a Social Services Director who coordinates our needs and available services. Through her, we can arrange for regular help, but not live-in arrangements.
>

> None of this has the least bit of relevance to me or what was posted here

Very true.