Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes? -- Indiana Jones, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

interests / soc.culture.china / [Wtach this Ann Hathaway look alike]How America Can Win the Contest for 21st Century Order

SubjectAuthor
* [Wtach this Ann Hathaway look alike]How America Can Win the Contestltlee1
`* Re: [Wtach this Ann Hathaway look alike]How America Can Win the Contest for 21stwakal...@yahoo.com.sg
 `* Re: [Wtach this Ann Hathaway look alike]How America Can Win the Contest for 21stltlee1
  `- Re: [Wtach this Ann Hathaway look alike]How America Can Win the Contest for 21stwakal...@yahoo.com.sg

1
[Wtach this Ann Hathaway look alike]How America Can Win the Contest for 21st Century Order

<88e419b9-92fc-43ec-876c-6066ce91a5ban@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1902&group=soc.culture.china#1902

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 15:47:33 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [Wtach this Ann Hathaway look alike]How America Can Win the Contest
for 21st Century Order
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Thu, 6 May 2021 22:47 UTC

"MIT Security Studies Program
216 subscribers
10/28/2020 — Rebecca Lissner, Assistant Professor in the Strategic and Operational Research Department at the U.S. Naval War College, spoke with SSP about her newest book, co-authored with Mira Rapp-Hooper, titled An Open World: How America Can Win the Contest for Twenty-First-Century Order."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ChHZB0DoNI

Re: [Wtach this Ann Hathaway look alike]How America Can Win the Contest for 21st Century Order

<226aa020-f7f1-49da-9258-a262aab8ad7bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1907&group=soc.culture.china#1907

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 21:20:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [Wtach this Ann Hathaway look alike]How America Can Win the Contest for 21st Century Order
From: wakaluk...@yahoo.com.sg (wakal...@yahoo.com.sg)
 by: wakal...@yahoo.com.s - Fri, 7 May 2021 04:20 UTC

On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 6:47:35 AM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> "MIT Security Studies Program
> 216 subscribers
> 10/28/2020 — Rebecca Lissner, Assistant Professor in the Strategic and Operational Research Department at the U.S. Naval War College, spoke with SSP about her newest book, co-authored with Mira Rapp-Hooper, titled An Open World: How America Can Win the Contest for Twenty-First-Century Order."
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ChHZB0DoNI
---------

Intelligent analysis and recommendations from Lissner. However, I don't think American political leadership can appreciate much of it. With its second rate leaders, America will just bump along the road to decline. What I know is that if the US wants to contest China for leadership in the 21st Century Order, it must at least get the following right.

1) Americans must elect to office intelligent, well-informed people with integrity, such as Andrew Yang and Tulsi Gabbard, and not characters like Ted Cruz, Tom Cotton, Lindsey Graham, Marco Rubio, Mitch McConnell and, of course, Donald Trump and Joe Biden.

2) Americans must not conflate different matters into one, such as conflating hegemonic power with economic problems.

3) Americans must face facts squarely. As they have recognized Taiwan as part of China, then they must not pretend that Taiwan is an independent state; or pretend that one country, two systems means two countries, two systems.

4) Americans must seek the truth. If surrounding China with 400 military bases is aggression, then it is aggression against another country, and not the promotion of freedom and democracy.

5) Americans must not use lies as tools of foreign policy. If there is no Xinjiang genocide and forced labour, then don't spread lies that there are. The world could very easily see such blatant lies for what they are. because absolutely zero evidence has been offered. America, either put up or shut up.

6) Americans must not alowl their country to breach the world's trust. Weaponizing the US dollar and the SWIFT international banking payment system is breaching the world's trust. The world participated in such schemes based on the trust that the US would not abuse or breach their trust.

7) The US must not behave like a thug. Kidnapping Huawei's CFO and the strangling of Iran and Venezuela are thuggish behaviours.

8) The US must stop spending recklessly. Spending on 800 military bases in the world is spending recklessly. The US is destroying itself with reckless spending.

It's a long list, but it's actually not difficult to do.

Wakalukong

Re: [Wtach this Ann Hathaway look alike]How America Can Win the Contest for 21st Century Order

<b3554873-7c56-429f-bab1-562cee958d6en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1913&group=soc.culture.china#1913

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 7 May 2021 03:38:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Fri, 7 May 2021 10:38 UTC

On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 12:20:49 AM UTC-4, wakal...@yahoo.com.sg wrote:
> On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 6:47:35 AM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> > "MIT Security Studies Program
> > 216 subscribers
> > 10/28/2020 — Rebecca Lissner, Assistant Professor in the Strategic and Operational Research Department at the U.S. Naval War College, spoke with SSP about her newest book, co-authored with Mira Rapp-Hooper, titled An Open World: How America Can Win the Contest for Twenty-First-Century Order."
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ChHZB0DoNI
> ---------
>
> Intelligent analysis and recommendations from Lissner. However, I don't think American political leadership can appreciate much of it. With its second rate leaders, America will just bump along the road to decline. What I know is that if the US wants to contest China for leadership in the 21st Century Order, it must at least get the following right.

I am not sure Rebecca Lissner will agree with your list. Judging from her being a post-doc fellow in U of Penn about about 5 years ago, she appears to be part of the millennial generation. Millenials do see the world differently from the boomers who have been dominating the US government. And they have different ideas on US domestic aa well as foreign policy.

> 1) Americans must elect to office intelligent, well-informed people with integrity, such as Andrew Yang and Tulsi Gabbard, and not characters like Ted Cruz, Tom Cotton, Lindsey Graham, Marco Rubio, Mitch McConnell and, of course, Donald Trump and Joe Biden.
>
> 2) Americans must not conflate different matters into one, such as conflating hegemonic power with economic problems.
>
> 3) Americans must face facts squarely. As they have recognized Taiwan as part of China, then they must not pretend that Taiwan is an independent state; or pretend that one country, two systems means two countries, two systems.
>
> 4) Americans must seek the truth. If surrounding China with 400 military bases is aggression, then it is aggression against another country, and not the promotion of freedom and democracy.
>
> 5) Americans must not use lies as tools of foreign policy. If there is no Xinjiang genocide and forced labour, then don't spread lies that there are.. The world could very easily see such blatant lies for what they are. because absolutely zero evidence has been offered. America, either put up or shut up.
>
> 6) Americans must not alowl their country to breach the world's trust. Weaponizing the US dollar and the SWIFT international banking payment system is breaching the world's trust. The world participated in such schemes based on the trust that the US would not abuse or breach their trust.
>
> 7) The US must not behave like a thug. Kidnapping Huawei's CFO and the strangling of Iran and Venezuela are thuggish behaviours.
>
> 8) The US must stop spending recklessly. Spending on 800 military bases in the world is spending recklessly. The US is destroying itself with reckless spending.
>
> It's a long list, but it's actually not difficult to do.
>
> Wakalukong

Re: [Wtach this Ann Hathaway look alike]How America Can Win the Contest for 21st Century Order

<daf470b9-b9e7-4b5a-8a54-9c4fa94d1c1fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1951&group=soc.culture.china#1951

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 01:31:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: wakaluk...@yahoo.com.sg (wakal...@yahoo.com.sg)
 by: wakal...@yahoo.com.s - Mon, 10 May 2021 08:31 UTC

On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 6:38:49 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 12:20:49 AM UTC-4, wakal...@yahoo.com.sg wrote:
> > On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 6:47:35 AM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> > > "MIT Security Studies Program
> > > 216 subscribers
> > > 10/28/2020 — Rebecca Lissner, Assistant Professor in the Strategic and Operational Research Department at the U.S. Naval War College, spoke with SSP about her newest book, co-authored with Mira Rapp-Hooper, titled An Open World: How America Can Win the Contest for Twenty-First-Century Order."
> > >
> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ChHZB0DoNI
> > ---------
> >
> > Intelligent analysis and recommendations from Lissner. However, I don't think American political leadership can appreciate much of it. With its second rate leaders, America will just bump along the road to decline. What I know is that if the US wants to contest China for leadership in the 21st Century Order, it must at least get the following right.
> I am not sure Rebecca Lissner will agree with your list. Judging from her being a post-doc fellow in U of Penn about about 5 years ago, she appears to be part of the millennial generation. Millenials do see the world differently from the boomers who have been dominating the US government. And they have different ideas on US domestic aa well as foreign policy.

I don't care whether Lissner will agree with me; I am saying my piece. Whatever approach each generation may take, the facts remain the same. For example, Andrew Yang is better informed and more intelligent than Trump and Biden, and Trump lost the election in 2020. Lies may change, but facts don't change from generation to generation.

Wakalukong