Ever get the feeling that the world's on tape and one of the reels is missing? -- Rich Little

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: New data shows continued surge in anti-Asian hate crime reports in some major cities

SubjectAuthor
* New data shows continued surge in anti-Asian hate crime reports inltlee1
`* Re: New data shows continued surge in anti-Asian hate crime reports in some majoJack B. Nymble
 `* Re: New data shows continued surge in anti-Asian hate crime reportsltlee1
  `- Re: New data shows continued surge in anti-Asian hate crime reports in some majoByker

1
New data shows continued surge in anti-Asian hate crime reports in some major cities

<5516ac0a-b678-4971-807c-7dd9d7f08136n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1739&group=soc.culture.china#1739

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 1 May 2021 11:05:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: New data shows continued surge in anti-Asian hate crime reports in
some major cities
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 1 May 2021 18:05 UTC

"A new report on hate crimes against Asian Americans has found that 2021 is sustaining the troubling trends of 2020 in some major cities. Across 16 of America's largest cities and counties, there was a 164% increase in anti-Asian hate crime reports to police in the first quarter of 2021 compared to same time period in 2020, with the number of reported incidents rising from 36 to 95, according to an analysis of police data by the Center for the Study of Hate & Extremism at California State University, San Bernardino.

New York saw the greatest increase, 223%, with the number of incidents reported to police rising from 13 to 42. San Francisco saw a 140% increase from 5 to 12, and reported incidents in Los Angeles and Boston increased 80% and 60%, respectively.

Brutal attacks on Asian Americans across the country have drawn new awareness to the issue in the past year. Earlier this year, actors Daniel Dae Kim and Daniel Wu offered a $25,000 reward for information after a series of violent attacks on elderly Asian Americans were caught on video in Oakland. Just last week, a 61-year-old man was attacked from behind and kicked in the head multiple times in New York, leaving him in a coma, his family said. "
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/anti-asian-hate-crime-reports-rise/

Re: New data shows continued surge in anti-Asian hate crime reports in some major cities

<s6kvac$1in5$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1760&group=soc.culture.china#1760

From: J...@ckbequick.com (Jack B. Nymble)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,talk.politics.misc
Subject: Re: New data shows continued surge in anti-Asian hate crime reports in some major cities
Date: Sat, 1 May 2021 20:29:49 -0500
 by: Jack B. Nymble - Sun, 2 May 2021 01:29 UTC

"ltlee1" wrote in message

> "A new report on hate crimes against Asian Americans has found that 2021
> is sustaining the troubling trends of 2020 in some major cities. Across 16
> of America's largest cities and counties, there was a 164% increase in
> anti-Asian hate crime reports to police in the first quarter of 2021
> compared to same time period in 2020, with the number of reported
> incidents rising from 36 to 95, according to an analysis of police data by
> the Center for the Study of Hate & Extremism at California State
> University, San Bernardino.
>
> New York saw the greatest increase, 223%, with the number of incidents
> reported to police rising from 13 to 42. San Francisco saw a 140% increase
> from 5 to 12, and reported incidents in Los Angeles and Boston increased
> 80% and 60%, respectively.

> Brutal attacks on Asian Americans across the country have drawn new
> awareness to the issue in the past year. Earlier this year, actors Daniel
> Dae Kim and Daniel Wu offered a $25,000 reward for information after a
> series of violent attacks on elderly Asian Americans were caught on video
> in Oakland. Just last week, a 61-year-old man was attacked from behind and
> kicked in the head multiple times in New York, leaving him in a coma, his
> family said. "
> https://www.cbsnews.com/news/anti-asian-hate-crime-reports-rise/

Of course it doesn't say who the 'hate crimes' are being committed by.

I'd guess blacks would be responsible for 95%

Re: New data shows continued surge in anti-Asian hate crime reports in some major cities

<a78a1f08-79b2-4eb9-97b1-55aa0c9bbeabn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1792&group=soc.culture.china#1792

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 15:13:33 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: New data shows continued surge in anti-Asian hate crime reports
in some major cities
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sun, 2 May 2021 22:13 UTC

On Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 9:29:54 PM UTC-4, Jack B. Nymble wrote:
> "ltlee1" wrote in message
> >
> > "A new report on hate crimes against Asian Americans has found that 2021
> > is sustaining the troubling trends of 2020 in some major cities. Across 16
> > of America's largest cities and counties, there was a 164% increase in
> > anti-Asian hate crime reports to police in the first quarter of 2021
> > compared to same time period in 2020, with the number of reported
> > incidents rising from 36 to 95, according to an analysis of police data by
> > the Center for the Study of Hate & Extremism at California State
> > University, San Bernardino.
> >
> > New York saw the greatest increase, 223%, with the number of incidents
> > reported to police rising from 13 to 42. San Francisco saw a 140% increase
> > from 5 to 12, and reported incidents in Los Angeles and Boston increased
> > 80% and 60%, respectively.

> > Brutal attacks on Asian Americans across the country have drawn new
> > awareness to the issue in the past year. Earlier this year, actors Daniel
> > Dae Kim and Daniel Wu offered a $25,000 reward for information after a
> > series of violent attacks on elderly Asian Americans were caught on video
> > in Oakland. Just last week, a 61-year-old man was attacked from behind and
> > kicked in the head multiple times in New York, leaving him in a coma, his
> > family said. "
> > https://www.cbsnews.com/news/anti-asian-hate-crime-reports-rise/
> Of course it doesn't say who the 'hate crimes' are being committed by.
>
> I'd guess blacks would be responsible for 95%

Haven't seen any statistics. I see no point in guessing.

Anyway, continued surge in anti-Asian hate crime demonstrates two things:
1) a huge gap between US self proclaimed American value and real American value,
2) American government's hostility toward China in the midst of a new 'cold war"
inevitably trickles down and affect many Americans' attitude toward Chinese Americans
and Asian Americans in general. If the Chinese government had been hostile to its
minorities, there would also be many anti-minority hate crimes.

Re: New data shows continued surge in anti-Asian hate crime reports in some major cities

<dridnZsNUt3New_9nZ2dnUU7-XvNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1874&group=soc.culture.china#1874

From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.culture.asian,soc.culture.taiwan
Date: Wed, 5 May 2021 13:39:12 -0500
 by: Byker - Wed, 5 May 2021 18:39 UTC

"ltlee1" wrote in message

> If the Chinese government had been hostile to its minorities, there would
> also be many anti-minority hate crimes.

And there are SHITLOADS of them:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-55973215

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEzltbH_PHc