Newsgroups: soc.history.war.misc
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: a Quora - If the Israelis were to pay current fair market value
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 10:26:06 -0800
 by: a425couple - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 18:26 UTC

Ian Chamberlain
·
Follow
Semi Retired at Bone Idle and Loving Life (2023–present)1h

If the Israelis were to pay current fair market value (FMV) for all land
they have appropriated since the British Mandate, to be paid now in
trust for a government of the Palestinians, once they calm down, would
it be cheaper than fighting wars?
As far as I am aware Israel bought the area known as Gaza from Egypt
when it was swamp , which they drained and turned into viable farmland.
A lot of the infrastructure in Gaza was built by the Israelis. What is
known as the Golan Heights were won in battle against Syria. The West
Bank was part of Jordan until the Jordanians lost the region during the
1967 war. Apparently Israel offered to return it to Jordan but they
didn't want it. Which area's do you believe the Israelis have “
appropriated” illegally ? Israel returned the Sinai Desert to Egypt
after Egypt lost it in war. I really have to state Israel didn't begin
any of the war's that have resulted in the expansion of Israel's
border's. I worked in the Negev Desert in the 90’s and noticed the
border area was a lot softer than it was prior to the First Gulf War.
Perhaps Jordan could pay for some of the land beyond the dried up river
bed / minefield I used to drive across every day. The current war
between Gaza and Israel began in October 2023 but the Hamas terrorists
have fired rockets into Israel since 2005. Perhaps the Hamas government
should consider paying for the damage they have caused during that time.