Go directly to jail. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

sport / rec.sport.soccer / [OT] I'm OK

SubjectAuthor
* [OT] I'm OKJesus Petry
+- Re: [OT] I'm OKThe Doctor
+- Re: [OT] I'm OKmilivella
+- Re: [OT] I'm OKLléo
+- Re: [OT] I'm OKanders t
+- Re: [OT] I'm OKBinder Dundat
+- Re: [OT] I'm OKReal_Mardin
`- Re: [OT] I'm OKFutbolmetrix

1
[OT] I'm OK

<v1bcga$2oi76$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=18573&group=rec.sport.soccer#18573

From: jesus.pe...@gmail.com (Jesus Petry)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Subject: [OT] I'm OK
Date: Mon, 6 May 2024 16:53:45 -0300
 by: Jesus Petry - Mon, 6 May 2024 19:53 UTC

Perhaps you guys have heard news of the massive floods in southern
Brazil. I'm safe as all of my family and direct relations.

The city of Porto Alegre and its surroundings are in a bit of chaos
due to important parts being underwater and power outs and water
failures (I'm on the backup water reserve currently). No football here
for a while, both stadiums are flooded as well as the airport, which has
been closed for the month.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry

Re: [OT] I'm OK

<v1bn0n$isi$11@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=18574&group=rec.sport.soccer#18574

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Subject: Re: [OT] I'm OK
Date: Mon, 6 May 2024 22:53:11 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 6 May 2024 22:53 UTC

In article <v1bcga$2oi76$1@dont-email.me>,
Jesus Petry <jesus.petry@gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps you guys have heard news of the massive floods in southern
>Brazil. I'm safe as all of my family and direct relations.
>
> The city of Porto Alegre and its surroundings are in a bit of chaos
>due to important parts being underwater and power outs and water
>failures (I'm on the backup water reserve currently). No football here
>for a while, both stadiums are flooded as well as the airport, which has
>been closed for the month.
>
> Tchau!
> Jesus Petry

Stay safe!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism ;

Re: [OT] I'm OK

<v1c0p8$2spse$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=18577&group=rec.sport.soccer#18577

From: milive...@gmail.com (milivella)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 7 May 2024 03:39:52 +0200
 by: milivella - Tue, 7 May 2024 01:39 UTC

>  Perhaps you guys have heard news of the massive floods in southern
> Brazil. I'm safe as all of my family and direct relations.
I had not heard, so luckily I can skip the "worried until I hear from
Jesus" part and just celebrate that you're safe!
--
Cheers
milivella

Re: [OT] I'm OK

<v1c2ep$30vhr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=18578&group=rec.sport.soccer#18578

From: llb.mo...@gmail.com (Lléo)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Mon, 6 May 2024 23:08:36 -0300
 by: Lléo - Tue, 7 May 2024 02:08 UTC

On 06/05/2024 16:53, Jesus Petry wrote:
>  Perhaps you guys have heard news of the massive floods in southern
> Brazil. I'm safe as all of my family and direct relations.

Glad to hear it, JP.

>  The city of Porto Alegre and its surroundings are in a bit of chaos
> due to important parts being underwater and power outs and water
> failures (I'm on the backup water reserve currently). No football here
> for a while, both stadiums are flooded as well as the airport, which has
> been closed for the month.

I've seen an image of Porto Alegre and its surroundings from above, the
scale of the whole flooded area is just scary.

Take care and stay safe.

Best regards,

Lléo

Re: [OT] I'm OK

<p6hj3j1gaejn4u41sfsp9hrtse1cn0b07d@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=18579&group=rec.sport.soccer#18579

From: anthu_...@-nospam-hotmail.com (anders t)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 07 May 2024 08:07:13 +0200
 by: anders t - Tue, 7 May 2024 06:07 UTC

Quoting Jesus Petry in rec.sport.soccer:
> Perhaps you guys have heard news of the massive floods in southern
>Brazil. I'm safe as all of my family and direct relations.

Great to hear!

> The city of Porto Alegre and its surroundings are in a bit of chaos
>due to important parts being underwater and power outs and water
>failures (I'm on the backup water reserve currently). No football here
>for a while, both stadiums are flooded as well as the airport, which has
>been closed for the month.

Not great to hear!

--
Manchester United FC - CHAMPIONS
Latest: England '13 (20th) Europa '17, UEFA '08, World '08

Re: [OT] I'm OK

<v1d22a$37ank$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=18581&group=rec.sport.soccer#18581

From: dun...@mail.com (Binder Dundat)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 7 May 2024 07:07:55 -0400
 by: Binder Dundat - Tue, 7 May 2024 11:07 UTC

On 2024-05-06 3:53 p.m., Jesus Petry wrote:
>  Perhaps you guys have heard news of the massive floods in southern
> Brazil. I'm safe as all of my family and direct relations.
>
>  The city of Porto Alegre and its surroundings are in a bit of chaos
> due to important parts being underwater and power outs and water
> failures (I'm on the backup water reserve currently). No football here
> for a while, both stadiums are flooded as well as the airport, which has
> been closed for the month.
>
>  Tchau!
>  Jesus Petry

Good to hear.

It seems to me that we hear a lot more about flooding in the last 15-20
years. I personally had an experience, my old cottage was ruined by a
flood in 2019( which I know is not devastating, but it was for people
who actually live on the river), which followed the 2nd highest flood in
history of 2017.
Now it seems places that never or rarely had issues are getting
flooded. Here on the Iceberg, it is almost normal to have spring floods
in many places, but in places like India, Middle east or Brasil, it
seems strange, flooding has to be only due to rain and not melt off,
which in turn is most likely due to air pollution.

Anyhow, glad you are OK

Re: [OT] I'm OK

<7727a37232c04f16a57ce5f078e169ca@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=18592&group=rec.sport.soccer#18592

Date: Wed, 8 May 2024 21:58:28 +0000
From: realmard...@proton.me (Real_Mardin)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
 by: Real_Mardin - Wed, 8 May 2024 21:58 UTC

Jesus Petry wrote:

> Perhaps you guys have heard news of the massive floods in southern
> Brazil. I'm safe as all of my family and direct relations.

I did wonder. I’m pleased to hear you’re well.

RM

> The city of Porto Alegre and its surroundings are in a bit of chaos
> due to important parts being underwater and power outs and water
> failures (I'm on the backup water reserve currently). No football here
> for a while, both stadiums are flooded as well as the airport, which has
> been closed for the month.

> Tchau!
> Jesus Petry

Re: [OT] I'm OK

<45ffaf1360375c51446934df6445facb@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=18594&group=rec.sport.soccer#18594

Date: Thu, 9 May 2024 07:16:33 +0000
From: futbolme...@yahoo.com (Futbolmetrix)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
 by: Futbolmetrix - Thu, 9 May 2024 07:16 UTC

Jesus Petry wrote:

> Perhaps you guys have heard news of the massive floods in southern
> Brazil. I'm safe as all of my family and direct relations.

Ugh. Glad to hear you are well, thanks for letting us know.

sport / rec.sport.soccer / [OT] I'm OK