Most people's favorite way to end a game is by winning.

sport / rec.sport.soccer / Derbi d/ milano R

SubjectAuthor
* Derbi d/ milano RBinder Dundat
+* Re: Derbi d/ milano RAmmammata
|`* Re: Derbi d/ milano RLléo
| `- Re: Derbi d/ milano RAmmammata
+* Re: Derbi d/ milano RMark
|`* Re: Derbi d/ milano RFutbolmetrix
| `- Re: Derbi d/ milano RBinder Dundat
`* Re: Derbi d/ milano RMark
 `- Re: Derbi d/ milano RBlueshirt

1
Derbi d/ milano R

<v06ijt$15cm9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=18436&group=rec.sport.soccer#18436

From: dun...@mail.com (Binder Dundat)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Subject: Derbi d/ milano R
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 16:51:02 -0400
 by: Binder Dundat - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 20:51 UTC

So them greatest team in Europe is Inter, they are 2024 champions of
Europes greatest liga. But if Atletico knocked out Inter in the UCL and
then the Pretenders beat out Atleti, BVB musti\ be the best team in Europa.

Re: Derbi d/ milano R

<v07nnn$cmbg$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=18438&group=rec.sport.soccer#18438

From: ammamm...@tiscali.it (Ammammata)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Subject: Re: Derbi d/ milano R
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 09:24:38 +0200
 by: Ammammata - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 07:24 UTC

Binder Dundat has brought this to us :
> they are 2024 champions of Europes greatest liga. But if Atletico knocked out
> Inter in the UCL and then the Pretenders beat out Atleti, BVB musti\ be the
> best team in Europa

this reminds me the story about the national team that beating the
world champions became the actual best team in the world until some
other national team beat them

e.g.
Uruguay beat Argentina 4-2 on July 30th, 1930, becomin world champion

on Sept. 6th, same year, Brazil beat Uruguay 2-0, so they became the
stronget team in the world

On May 27th, 1934 Spain beat Brazil 3-1

On June 1st, sy, Italy beat Spain 1-0

and so on

you can make a nice stat calculating how many days a national team has
been the strongest in the world, go to well known
https://eloratings.net/ and anjoy the website

--
/-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\
-=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=-

Re: Derbi d/ milano R

<v07u03$1hnrr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=18440&group=rec.sport.soccer#18440

From: Pammiesh...@yahoo.co.uk (Mark)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 09:11:31 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 09:11 UTC

Binder Dundat wrote:

> So them greatest team in Europe is Inter, they are 2024 champions of
> Europes greatest liga. But if Atletico knocked out Inter in the UCL
> and then the Pretenders beat out Atleti, BVB musti\ be the best team
> in Europa.

If Milan are the 2nd best team in Italy (it looks likely that they'll
end runners-up), Inter look likely to stay at the top for a while.
Inter definitely looked the better team last night.

Re: Derbi d/ milano R

<79cf6b99c632afe1db75044e27fae752@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=18441&group=rec.sport.soccer#18441

Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 09:48:01 +0000
From: futbolme...@yahoo.com (Futbolmetrix)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
 by: Futbolmetrix - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 09:48 UTC

Mark wrote:

> Binder Dundat wrote:

>> So them greatest team in Europe is Inter, they are 2024 champions of
>> Europes greatest liga. But if Atletico knocked out Inter in the UCL
>> and then the Pretenders beat out Atleti, BVB musti\ be the best team
>> in Europa.

> If Milan are the 2nd best team in Italy (it looks likely that they'll
> end runners-up), Inter look likely to stay at the top for a while.
> Inter definitely looked the better team last night.

The Immaculates were easily the best team in Serie A this year. Congratulations on their 15th scudetto.

Re: Derbi d/ milano R

<v087jv$1jn7q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=18446&group=rec.sport.soccer#18446

From: dun...@mail.com (Binder Dundat)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 07:55:45 -0400
 by: Binder Dundat - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 11:55 UTC

For those wondering how Serie A got the "greateset liga in Europa" tag.
these are the 2024 uefa points.

1 19,428 Italy (ITA)
2 17,928 Germany (GER)
3 17,375 England (ENG)
4 16,083 France (FRA)
5 15,312 Spain (ESP)
On 2024-04-23 5:48 a.m., Futbolmetrix wrote:
> Mark wrote:
>
>> Binder Dundat wrote:
>
>>> So them greatest team in Europe is Inter, they are 2024 champions of
>>> Europes greatest liga. But if Atletico knocked out Inter in the UCL
>>> and then the Pretenders beat out Atleti, BVB musti\ be the best team
>>> in Europa.
>
>> If Milan are the 2nd best team in Italy (it looks likely that they'll
>> end runners-up), Inter look likely to stay at the top for a while.
>> Inter definitely looked the better team last night.
>
> The Immaculates were easily the best team in Serie A this year.
> Congratulations on their 15th scudetto.

Re: Derbi d/ milano R

<v08u1s$1p0s5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=18450&group=rec.sport.soccer#18450

From: llb.mo...@gmail.com (Lléo)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 15:18:53 -0300
 by: Lléo - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 18:18 UTC

On 23/04/2024 04:24, Ammammata wrote:
> Binder Dundat has brought this to us :
>> they are 2024 champions of Europes greatest liga. But if Atletico
>> knocked out Inter in the UCL and then the Pretenders beat out Atleti,
>> BVB musti\ be the best team in Europa
>
> this reminds me the story about the national team that beating the world
> champions became the actual best team in the world until some other
> national team beat them
>
> e.g.
> Uruguay beat Argentina 4-2 on July 30th, 1930, becomin world champion
>
> on Sept. 6th, same year, Brazil beat Uruguay 2-0, so they became the
> stronget team in the world
>
> On May 27th, 1934 Spain beat Brazil 3-1
>
> On June 1st, sy, Italy beat Spain 1-0
>
> and so on

I think you mean Nasazzi's Baton, a similar concept to the UFWC, but
starting from the first World Cup final.

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bast%C3%B3n_de_Nasazzi

The above link has been updated to November 2023, when it was in
Uruguay's hands again. That win over Argentina had given them the UFWC
title as well. But now both honours are in Ivory Coast's hands, who have
recently beaten Uruguay in a friendly.

Seems like both honours will remain "unified" for a while, at least
until the Ivory Coast (or whoever succeeds them as incumbent) loses a
penalty shootout. Turns out the UFWC counts the outcome of a penalty
shootout as a win/loss, thus changing its holders if the incumbent loses
one. Nasazzi's Baton ignores such outcomes, counting these games as
draws and remaining with the incumbent, even if they eventually lose a
penalty shootout.

Best regards,

Lléo

Re: Derbi d/ milano R

<v0cups$dkld$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=18471&group=rec.sport.soccer#18471

From: ammamm...@tiscali.it (Ammammata)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 08:55:55 +0200
 by: Ammammata - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 06:55 UTC

Lléo pretended :
> I think you mean Nasazzi's Baton, a similar concept to the UFWC, but starting
> from the first World Cup final.
>
> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bast%C3%B3n_de_Nasazzi

28 de marzo de 1963 Copa Oro de la Concacaf Bandera de Costa Rica
Costa Rica 1-0 Antillas Neerlandesas

Antillas Neerlandesas

LOL

:-)

--
/-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\
-=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=-

Re: Derbi d/ milano R

<v0d175$2sor5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=18472&group=rec.sport.soccer#18472

From: Pammiesh...@yahoo.co.uk (Mark)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 07:37:09 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 07:37 UTC

Binder Dundat wrote:

> So them greatest team in Europe is Inter, they are 2024 champions of
> Europes greatest liga. But if Atletico knocked out Inter in the UCL
> and then the Pretenders beat out Atleti, BVB musti\ be the best team
> in Europa.

Btw what's with Milan's kit? Firstly, why are Inter and Milan wearing
each other's shorts? And secondly, Milan are supposed to wear black and
red striped shirts. Vertical stripes, not weird narrow diagonal stripes
that look vaguely like black vertical stripes from a distance. Are they
just trying to make money from changing the kit as often as possible
and ran out of ideas?

Re: Derbi d/ milano R

<xn0okztbcj2kh0m008@post.eweka.nl>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=18473&group=rec.sport.soccer#18473

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 14:25:16 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 13:25 UTC

Mark wrote:

> Btw what's with Milan's kit? Firstly, why are Inter and Milan
> wearing each other's shorts? And secondly, Milan are supposed
> to wear black and red striped shirts. Vertical stripes, not
> weird narrow diagonal stripes that look vaguely like black
> vertical stripes from a distance. Are they just trying to make
> money from changing the kit as often as possible and ran out
> of ideas?

Yes. Replica kits in general are a big revenue stream for
football clubs and non-traditional kits are usually just about
the money.

sport / rec.sport.soccer / Derbi d/ milano R