The truth is rarely pure, and never simple. -- Oscar Wilde

interests / alt.dreams / 2023/08/14 Monday: Incubus/Succubus? Loan shark/Coyote?

SubjectAuthor
* 2023/08/10 Thursday: Modes of Transportation?Richard Silk
`* 2023/08/12 Saturday: An Unsealed Birth Certificate?Richard Silk
 `* 2023/08/13 Sunday:Richard Silk
  `- 2023/08/14 Monday: Incubus/Succubus? Loan shark/Coyote?Richard Silk

1
2023/08/10 Thursday: Modes of Transportation?

<0e57ec7c-2fd1-4160-8b7e-0f22c8d3456dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1815&group=alt.dreams#1815

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 11:11:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/08/10 Thursday: Modes of Transportation?
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Thu, 10 Aug 2023 18:11 UTC

The dreamer had one of those rare (for me) dreams involving a single-engine airplane:
The dreamer was an individual *feeling* as if being without a license, yet *also* feeling capable of flying a small plane, even though without a lot of training.

The objective had to deal with the need to fly a plane from point A (around Murfreesboro) to point B (around Smyrna/La Vergne, possibly further north into Davidson County, possibly beyond, like around Gallatin/Hendersonville?) and then to complete some activity (X) then return the plane to point A *before* sunset (and yes, there were actually real-life reasons for this need to get back before sunset.)

There was also some type of underlying condition regarding fuel, cost, rental, cost (for time, as in a per day rate.) I *think* the plane came fully fueled, the cost was for "1 day," and if the plane were out for another day, that would incur cost as well, *plus* a refueling cost, but that seemed questionable. It should've been per day, fully fueled, so refueling should've been included with a second day charge, but fueling would *likely* be "out of pocket" for the pilot, but to continue....

There was some type of mission to be performed at the northern leg of the journey. The dreamer had a (relatively) clear image of being inside the cabin / pilot seat of the small (single engine) plane, and the engine started, and the taxi to the runway, and *possibly* of the takeoff, but there's no imagery of the takeoff, the flight, nor the landing.

On the northern leg, there's a sense that the dreamer (having successfully landed!) had his children with him, at least two of the boys (Logan and Landon?) and that *somehow* he (the dreamer) had returned back to point A *without* his children. (In real life, Logan, Landon and Alyssa were adopted by a family in Gallatin/Hendersonville, or so I have come to understand.)

There were two distinct feelings going on throughout this section of the dream: 1, that the boys were OK, no need to worry, and 2) *worry*, along with "HOW COULD YOU JUST LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN LIKE THAT???" *Both* feelings were experienced while the dreamer was back at point A, and having to consider: "How to get BACK to point B *without* taking another airplane? And why did I leave that plane at point B?"

Just to be clear, those were feelings running through the dream, rather than expressly heard or spoken words.

Somehow, the dreamer is in discussion with someone (not seen) as to picking up the boys. This also involves the need to get the plane that was landed in point B back to the airfield at point A.

In another scene, the dreamer is somewhere in the northern area, on foot, and walking through a rather brightly lit neighborhood (much like a sunny, spring day, *much in the sense of* the area of Briley Pkwy, *before* it became a *major* artery through Davidson County) and noting some of the nice buildings (houses/homes?) and the neighbors all outside, as if gathered for a community May Pole event or some such (maybe an Easter Egg hunt?)

The dreamer is aware of having his entire family (of his parents' generation, my siblings, etc.) along with him, as if they were background characters yet still present, and there was some immediate concern about needing better transportation, as there was *specific* concern over "grandma" being able to walk very far, if at all, without assistance. (IRL, my mother is *at least* 2 years older than my grandmother lived to be, so that entity may be *slightly* ambiguous.)

This scene practically "segued" in some manner into one in which an Indian (like from the country of India) was peddling a bicycle designed for group transportation: that is, the human powered the pedals, connected to the rear by a chain, yet the backside was more like that of a taxicab, longer rather than wider, in which up to 6 adults could sit and be moved (3 facing 3) sort of like a rickshaw for slightly larger groups. Funny thing about that rear section, is that it was "sensed" rather than "seen," as the dreamer's perspective was that of slightly ahead of, and slightly *below* that of the peddler-driver's right foot/pedal, and the conversation was with the driver peddling the cab. There was a "sense" as if the cab-cyclist was transporting the entirety of the family that had been discussed in the scene preceding this one.

The mind of the dreamer was asking if the effort to move the cargo was a heavy burden, although it was in more of a mental question "?" type form than with words, and the driver replied (again, more like telepathy than with spoken words) that it was simply his "job," regardless of the weight, as that was how he survived / possibly provided for a family, although there was also the sense that there may have been gears available (like on a 3-speed or 10 speed, etc.) to help with any starts / uphill slopes, etc.

The dreamer was reminded of the days in my youth when I pedaled a bicycle *without* gears. That shifted the dream again, to the next scene, in which the dreamer is *back* at the airplane at point B, and the outside is approaching sunset, and there appears to be something of an urgent need to get in the air. At the point whereat the dreamer is about to consider taking off, it's noticed that outdoors is dusk, the sun has set, and therefore there would be no takeoff (having something to do with VFR, Visual Flight Rules) which sort of tells me that the dreamer, although possibly cocky enough to fly a plane in daylight, possibly without a license, had better sense than to try to do the same at night *without* a proper license (such as "IFR" or Instrument Flight Rules.")

There's a scene whereat the dreamer is approaching a room (back around point A, akin to "home turf") wherein the dreamer sees his son (in this case, Charles, at a young age, say around 8?) only thinking it was "Logan" (the two boys looked *very* much alike in their youth photos!!)

Regardless, even though the boy (looking like Charles) looked *angry* (to the core!) towards the dreamer, still, the dreamer "loved" the boy, and hugged him, which is where the dream ended and I awoke.

Overall clarity, 8 to 9+. There may have been other clips, but if they somehow failed to "fit" the overall, lengthier plot line of the "transportation"-based dream, such have evaporated into the background.

2023/08/12 Saturday: An Unsealed Birth Certificate?

<011e8af1-1662-4515-880b-0a900b8b65a1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1819&group=alt.dreams#1819

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 20:12:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/08/12 Saturday: An Unsealed Birth Certificate?
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Sun, 13 Aug 2023 03:12 UTC

(As this is being written late in the evening) I deliberately put this off until this evening because I was curious to see if any of it "materialized" during the day. Well, nothing I could put my finger on, however:

The dreamer (from just before waking, earlier this morning) was as if in a land similar to India. It *felt* like the land of Ghandi, so to speak, similar to a feeling of the Ganges (River) possibly with a touch of Chennai, of all places (?!)

At any rate, there were allegedly *massive throngs* of people visible, as if from the perspective of a drone camera, viewing *square miles* of land, out toward the horizon (or perhaps a "state/county border"?) yet the dreamer only saw the ground *carpeted* with red petals, *possibly* of roses, but the dreamer was thinking of those mimosa tree blossoms, but seriously, they could have been similar to any number of red tree-like blossoms or flower petals, such as the traditional cherry tree, or the Delonix regia (known in English as Royal Poinciana)— the ground was just red carpeted with some type of petals, and the omniscient mind of the dream *may* have likened them to people, simply represented as flora. The point is, the dreamer had the impression that there were *symbolically* a HUGE number of people, like in the hundreds of thousands, possibly millions.

Then there came into view a type of document, roughly 8½"x11", possibly a bit larger, if borders were added to it somehow (like the mailing package *for* an 8½"x11" size sheet / document, etc.)

Then the document was "opened up" as if sliced open perfectly along a seam so that it opened just as one would open a large book (or Bible) so as to widen to 17"x11" although it *may* have been x14". Just sayin', I was never very good with visual estimations on sizes— just rough approximations.

The document content / composition had something of a gray hue to it, as if maybe the *outside* of the document(s) had been gray (or it had been a gray mailing wrapper.) The inside of the document was *clearly* legible, although for some reason the dreamer had no curiosity to memorize much less read the information printed therein. There was information present within the dream such that the dreamer knew it to be a birth certificate of an individual, an Arab type, very *very* likely *publicly presumed* to be Muslim (as Muslims stamp "ISLAM" on birth certificates as the "religion" of the children of Muslims.)

For whatever reason, this unsealing of a birth certificate of a (Semitic, likely Arab, likely Muslim) male (possibly that of an oil prince of some sort) sent a massive wave of resentment through the throng of people (the red petals on the ground) and the dream ended as I awoke wondering why a massive population in India would be so irate over the birth certificate of a male (possibly a prince, possibly *publicly assumed* to be Muslim, seemingly Arabic / Semitic.)

The only fellow I could think of that could even *remotely* fit the description would be Saudi Prince Mohammed bin Salman (MBS), but that's a waking-conscious thought, rather than anything that was presented directly within the dream itself. Clarity 7-ish, as it was likely clear symbolism. I do recall feeling surprised at how clearly legible the printed text was. It's just that I (personally) have developed a habit of being able to ignore or forget anything that is not *meant* to be seen, like the passwords or bank account balances of others.

2023/08/13 Sunday:

<9ea544c3-f2f2-4ba6-a70f-a799122084f2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1823&group=alt.dreams#1823

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 07:24:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/08/13 Sunday:
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Sun, 13 Aug 2023 14:24 UTC

Had a few segments all jumbled up, pretty much as normal, although whether they string together as a series or not is anybody's guess.

One involved a view of a husband (or father?) in around his early 30s, with a female (*presumably* his daughter) of about 12 to 14 years of age, standing beside him, a touch in front, to his right (the camera's left) as if standing specifically for a photo, possibly in front of their house as the background.

There was another scene, as if apart yet somehow connected, of an ad for either Disney (as a whole business) or DisneyWorld (in Florida) as if the 30-year old and the young teen were somehow part of an ad campaign, and the narrative mind of the dreamer was commenting on how the pairing was *not exactly* something that the public would swallow easily. There was a subtext going on that, perhaps, the ad were designed for either "new" America Muslims, who marry girls at a *very* early age, *or* for incestuous dads, in either case, the general appearance seemed to be a "bad idea for an ad campaign" and the scene "switched." (I would say "the dream ended," but what I *think* was going on....)

The dreamer was moving (as if walking) through hallways (sort of like widely connecting hallways) and wound up in some type of issue where human trafficking was possibly the topic of discussion, possibly a "tangent with" the open (criminalized) southern border along the USA (at this time in the world, where cartels are the "military arm" of deciding who gets through and who doesn't, and extorts them for their money in order to cross. Then there's all the illegal child-sex trafficking going on, not to mention all the drugs, etc.) It was more of a thought than a scene, as the dreamer finally came out of that area into a type of scene where a "normal" husband/wife combination were located, as if standing in a mainly "open," public area, such as like the area near the front of a Wal*Mart or other department store, or public gathering place.

The couple had a type of Nordic/Swedish look to them (genetically speaking, the "phenotype") although seemed "American." While the dreamer was passing by, there was a moment akin to "taking a look" while passing, perhaps to identify, perhaps simply to appreciate her appearance, but the husband was in no mood for "lingering looks" and firmly placed his hand in the back of the dreamer (who felt more teen-aged compared to the man's young 30s-to-young 40s appearance) and practically "escorted" him away from her, of a distance of at least 10 to possibly as many as 15 yards away.

About this time, the dreamer was feeling a bit of [I understand your having a feeling of protection regarding your wife, but your hand in my back is feeling to the point of really obnoxious] and about the moment the dreamer considered somehow disengaging that guy's hand, that dream ended.

There's this "Quantum Universe" theory that sort of uses thoughts/words to describe how *all* reality is connected. The use of hallways as a metaphor for "connecting ideas" (like Muslims / Shari'a to child-sex traffickers at the border) to "normal adult relationships" to "defending one's spouse" somewhat has all those above sections "connected" as if possibly a single dream "journey" of sorts. If so, the overall clarity was around 8+ / 9-, although the *feeling* of the guy's hand in the back of the dreamer as a means of escorting the dreamer "elsewhere" was *very* clear, like around 10-, even though the motion through time/space was rapid enough that it was basically a "fade to dark" background.

In another "set" of dreams, there was a building that appeared "under construction," such that the floor had been recently concreted, yet there were cables extending in corners all through the floor, as if cables had been extended upwards, like as a bow, and the concrete formed around them, except more as "pockets" than as solidly holding them in place.

At the time of the dream, I (the dreamer) had a nearly overwhelming compulsion to go around cutting all those cables, but the cautious side of me was feeling the need to simply hold back, observe, take notes. Sure enough, as I write this up, I can totally "see" it as a construction technique for "wiring conduits" *through* a concrete floor, *rather than* using drop lines through the frameworks of the walls / ceilings.

Consider: each "pocket" was like an oval of around 2"–3" in width, and around 3"–4" in length, with the depth of the ovals as being the thickness of the concrete.

Now consider, that if for any reason someone wanted to "tap into" the "current" flowing from + to -, seeing as there were at least 3 sets of cables running in each bow-thru, an electrician could theoretically "cut" any of those wires at a single level, and from that point, install a junction box (or outlet) that would allow for something else to be "plugged in" at that level. This would very much likely be the "floor plan" for wiring anything (*very safely!*) running on a DC power scheme. The "oval pockets" through the concrete *could* allow for any *unanticipated fixes* (if necessary) involving replacing, say, a "new set of bows" to an existing (worn-out) "bow-thru." Theoretically, the wires under the concrete would always be "protected" and have no basic need for maintenance. Clarity: inspirational / visionary??

Finally, there was a set of segments, all "run together," involving a chatchka dish / bowl, possibly atop an upright piano, in which were found at least 2 items (there were more, but only 2 were clearly identified) one being a gold-decorated, fashion-looking hearing aid (as if someone had cleverly/artistically "fashioned" a hearing aid into a lady's earring) and a diamond (wedding?) ring, made of white silver (a band of about 3mm in width, possibly 2 mm in thickness) with a single diamond stone set (maybe ½ carat?) and a size that was "heard" as "size 4" (ladies, of course, but I *think* ring sizes use the same standard guage regardless of gender.)

There was something *about* the ring, as if the dreamer were talking with someone (possibly a female?) regarding identification of the ring, and she mentioned something that led the dreamer to rotate the view by 180°, which led to "seeing" something like "456" (the numbers may be different— that part was a bit difficult to "make out" in the dream) as the pattern spelled out by several smaller carat diamonds. Clarity 9-ish.

2023/08/14 Monday: Incubus/Succubus? Loan shark/Coyote?

<35b4d582-9ff2-44b5-859c-63e947e9bd55n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1824&group=alt.dreams#1824

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 07:28:45 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/08/14 Monday: Incubus/Succubus? Loan shark/Coyote?
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 14:28 UTC

Had a *slew* of dreams, lots of activity, not much recall. However, one of the "awkward" dreams involved a nude pair of humanoids appearing to be exiting the "missionary" position (heads to the right, feet to the left) when the one who backed up off *to* the left "changed genders," much like the succubus/incubus folklore. What's even more curious, is I *think* it went from female to male. Regardless, the figures were seen as if "at a distance," maybe 2" across the visual screen, so to speak, and there was nothing "memorable" going through the mind of the dreamer other than perhaps something akin to "that's confusing." Clarity 6+?

There was one dream of some better clarity, wherein a slender, 20-something, non-white female (African / Central American?) apparently owed the dreamer a 5-digit amount of money. What's about to follow are *estimates* / semi-random guesses, as although the #s were clear in the dream, my recall is in a state of question: It was *similar* to as if she owed $15,000.oo and the dreamer told her something like, "It's only $11,000 *if* you can pay it off *today.*"

There was a nondescript (nearly not even visible!) male who may have been with her, saying something unflattering / grumbling about something *similar to* "Why do we need to pay attention to this gringo?" and she replied with "If he's offering that much of a discount, it's in our best interest to listen" (in the tone of [It's a smart offer: shut up and don't argue.])

The next thing I saw was an image of a brown car (that used to be parked in the back of my childhood home, back when there was a porch covering rather than the present day sunroom) leaving (as if pulling out from the covered parking area) and someone raising a question, similar to "is she stealing your car?" to which the dreamer answered something like, "I sent her on an errand" with an undertone of [either she comes back or not.] Clarity 8 to 9..

Any other dreams will simply have to "come back to me" if/when applicable.