L'hasard ne favorise que l'esprit prepare. -- L. Pasteur

interests / alt.dreams / 2023/08/05 Saturday (after dinner)

SubjectAuthor
* 2023/08/05 Saturday (after dinner)Richard Silk
`* 2023/08/07 Monday (Matthew 5:39, "Resist NOT evil....")Richard Silk
 `- 2023/08/08 Tuesday: "Resist NOT evil" *TWO DAYS IN A ROW!*Richard Silk

1
2023/08/05 Saturday (after dinner)

<8785558a-fca9-4b9a-a600-2927f182ca7an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1812&group=alt.dreams#1812

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2023 19:11:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/08/05 Saturday (after dinner)
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Sun, 6 Aug 2023 02:11 UTC

It seems that, if I've done anything similar to cardio (such as mowing some of the lawn) or other yard work, then following dinner (that's "supper" in the south) I'll nearly always "crash" for a nap off & on for around an hour or so while trying to make it through some television, while stretched out on the couch.

Well, today (this evening, around the 6–7 PM hour CDT) the show I was {snoozing} through was a rerun of Pastor Robert Morris, and although his messages are typically entertaining, scriptural *and* informative, for this particular episode, I just crashed *out* until near the end, where for some reason, I instinctively start to wake up, much like many menfolk do during many a sermon in many a congregation.

Only this time, on the way back to consciousness, I "saw" (in the dreamer's perspective / the mind's eye) a handful of seed being scattered upon the plain (brown) dirt. It was only a blip of an image. Yet for some reason, I was immediately put in mind of Matthew 13, and the parable of the sower and the seed. And, for *just* a fraction of a second, I felt as if the image I'd just seen was a snapshot back through time to the original teaching of the parable. Clarity: "I was there."

Hmmmm....

Well, after all, I do tend to say a bit online in other discussion forums:
*I AM* / *NOW* / *One is* the consequence of *all* past *and* the *cause* of *all* future— (a modern, understood / realization / interpretation of Revelation 1:8 & 22:13.)

2023/08/07 Monday (Matthew 5:39, "Resist NOT evil....")

<33481677-7ca3-4214-8cc2-341c9e82b996n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1813&group=alt.dreams#1813

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023 10:25:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/08/07 Monday (Matthew 5:39, "Resist NOT evil....")
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Mon, 7 Aug 2023 17:25 UTC

There was a curious dream *before* the 6:30 AM "let the dog out" period, involving *something* like a young mother (perhaps in her late 20s, early 30s?) with a "blooming" young daughter, as in *just having* gone through puberty, and while the mother seemed to have a sandy (reddish) blonde hair color, the daughter had Irish red hair color, and her lips were the color of a rose bud freshly flowered. In biological terms (rather than legal terms) she was *perfectly ready* for procreation. If she had been a flower, there would *definitely* have been a bee pollinating *that* stigma!!

The activity of the dream, however, was a tad curious: the mother was in a slightly bent over position, as the daughter was in something akin to a kneeling position, and the mother was *washing* the daughter's hair, almost as if in a public display.

At any rate, the narrative mind of the dreamer was *about* to start asking a question of the mother as to what was going on, when the dog apparently wanted to go out, thus, end of that dream, clarity: red chakra-oriented?

Following that, I went *back* to sleep (mainly because I was up late last night) and at some point (ending around 9:30 AM) entered into a dream that involved someone as if a desk attendant at a beachfront bungalow or perhaps a larger bed & breakfast type complex that had something of a "Florida feel" to it, but such was/is a subjective "feeling" rather than anything that was specifically noted within the dream itself.

There was some type of activity involving tubular cylinders, similar to that which might be used to hold rolled-up paintings or documents, blueprints, etc., and something about them going from point A to point B, back and forth, which *oddly enough* -could- have had some type of political overtone to it. However, that element was at clarity 5 or 6, *barely* remembered, *barely* visually discernible, whereas what happened next was *a bit* clearer:

There was something very much like a cupboard containing something akin to a computer station. The dreamer, having either been shown *or* having discovered the hide-away station, was able to indicate (to *someone*) that opening a type of finger-push gate revealed something akin to a USB type slot (port) for either communication *or* memory storage, etc. (Those with computer understanding realize that a USB port may be used for *many* different purposes.)

The dreamer began fiddling with the structure itself, as it began "opening up" in a manner one might open the top of a box of cereal, as the "structure" of the station inside the cupboard was *as if* made of cardboard, rather than rigid plastic or metal, like the computers of the 1980s & '90s. This was around clarity 8-, although what happened *next* was *much* clearer, as the dreamer's attention was brought to look at a small object, similar to a fish-shaped souvenir, much like perhaps a marlin or blue-fin tuna (something long, like a porpoise or dolphin, yet more like a fish than a mammal) that was about 3" long and about ¾“ 'tall' and perhaps ½" 'thick'.

What was most interesting is that it had *clearly* imprinted upon it something very much like a person's name and address / contact information.

The dreamer's immediate responses were a combination of "What a nice object" (like chatchka / tchotchke, souvenir, etc.) along with the overriding choice to get a piece of paper and a pencil to write down the owner's information. The idea was something like, the dreamer could then mail the owner with the information that the object had been found, and that the owner *could* retrieve the object. The narrative mind was impressed at how clearly legible the information was, yet not a lick of that information was retained as the dreamer somewhat fumbled around gathering the paper and pencil. (That part was clarity 10-, until the paper/pencil part, whereupon it began dropping rapidly.)

There was the ending sequence, that began taking on an ominous tone to it.

The dreamer *started* out in a conversation with a blonde-ish looking female, *very similar* to the one who had been washing her daughter's hair in the 6:30 segment, only this time she had more of a look similar to that of the mom of a neighbor-kid from my youth. While this conversation was going on, there were some "surly characters" (dark-aura males, nefarious, malefic, definitely of a murderous nature) who were gathering somewhere "off screen" ("in the distance") with the understood intention of murdering (or at *least* doing serious harm!) to the dreamer's character.

The dreamer was located *as if* high up on a ledge, such that anyone fostering ill intent would need to come up the cliff *or* already be on the same plane (ground level) as the dreamer.

The dreamer *sensed* that the malevolence was "closing in," practically as if darkness were "physically sensed" in a manner similar to how a person on stage might feel as the spotlight diameter shrinks, leaving nothing but darkness all around in the theater.

*At this point,* the dreamer's mind and my ability to consciously respond were *basically* the same, much as if / when one is "talking to oneself" in order to reason something out.

The dreamer recognized that [his enemies were all around] and asked (the narrative mind?) "What to do?" to which there appeared to be a follow-up question (less clearly heard / articulated, yet still present): "What does Jesus teach?" (or) "What would Jesus do?"

The answer came back immediately, "Resist NOT evil"— at which point, the dreamer *relaxed*— and I awoke. Clarity: [mind blowing] in some respects, perhaps 11, *certainly* around a 10- *at the least.*

2023/08/08 Tuesday: "Resist NOT evil" *TWO DAYS IN A ROW!*

<ddd26df0-52a9-4ee4-9536-a0f729eb1986n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1814&group=alt.dreams#1814

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 07:27:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/08/08 Tuesday: "Resist NOT evil" *TWO DAYS IN A ROW!*
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Tue, 8 Aug 2023 14:27 UTC

Gotta start with the "dream before waking," as it was a bit involved, but:

The dreamer was given a (somewhat thin) *wad* of cash and told to place a bet for some guy, who had the affect (general appearance / demeanor / "air") of being some kind of gambling addict, so much so that even the local bosses would refuse him service (something like how some pushers will deny a junkie a fix, on the "moral grounds" that they're dangerously close to doing themselves in, rather than staying alive as a source of revenue for the pusher.)

The dreamer, somewhat preferring to avoid taking the time to count the cash, asked "How much?" and the answer was like "3 grand" (or possibly something close to that.) The dreamer was thinking that wasn't nearly enough cash to cover 3 large, unless, of course, they were *all* Benjamins, in which case, sure, it was about right (but seemed more like 1 thou, 2 max, but counting it was the bookie's responsibility.)

The dreamer went to a table, and although this part of the dream was *rather* faded, as if it was simply the idea that was executed, that section of the dream pretty much ended with no significant drama. Someone *may* have recognized the dreamer as a flunky or runner of the guy who placed the bet, but I *think* there was some speculation that "maybe s/he got paid...?" and the bet was placed, regardless.

The reason for the "s/he" variable is because (A) I really have no clear recollection of what pronoun (if any) was used, and (B) because of another dream snippet that occurred *prior* to waking:

?!?!? The dreamer was somehow aware of the dreamer's body (*in* the dream) and was a tad surprised to see the body as female, about 20-ish, *maybe* ± a few years. Either way, the female in the dream (as well as the dreamer's narrative mind) was aware she was a she because she had a B+ bra size and an otherwise thin body. *COULD* "she" have been an "it"? Maybe. The dreamer's dream body ("she") cupped her hands to give 'em a check, noting they were just like any other part of the body, nothing special, no "titillation" at the discovery, such as a young (or prurient) male might have at the same realization.
(Pun appropriate??) ;^>

There was a *thought* to "check the downstairs" to see if there was any notable difference there, but for *some reason,* that check was skipped! Almost like an "I really don't care to know" type thought, and the snippet pretty much ended right there, clarity 9-ish.

Now this is a bit of a premise, rather than something that was *known* throughout the dream being described, but there's a *premise* that the runner who placed the bet for the addict *could* have been a female.

There's also a premise that the following section *may* have been that same female. It certainly flows that way, plot-wise:

The dreamer was entering a stairwell inside a building, *not unlike* Central Middle School, but with more floors, more like an older building at MTSU, but with a more "varied" type "feel" to it.

There was a presence akin to a "boss" (sorta like with a gangster feel, possibly like an "owner" / "pimp") who was, for some reason, directing the dreamer to go upstairs (or to some specific location) for some reason. *Sort of* like "Report to X for your next assignment," but the dreamer's mind had simply had "enough" and chose to go elsewhere, either up or down, it's a bit confusing, but "the chase was on," as they say.

The dreamer was able to navigate a rather lengthy run of stairs going downwards, the kind that zigzag back and forth down a stairwell, using a "jump over / jump over" method near where the direction of the stairs double-back at 180°, yet always downward, at like 45° (downward) so it was like hop/hop/hop/hop — and the dreamer was having *something* of a remembrance from my own, personal life history, when I used to practice leaping down stairways at MTSU (which felt *nearly* like flying, only with the effect of gravity bring me to a landing every time) only they were always going in one direction, rather than the "over the nexus" type maneuver in the dream.

A look out into the hallway, and there was a question in the dreamer's mind, something close to: "What kind of place is this? What's the effect of going down to lower levels?"

And along the wall, which would normally have just been a type of yellow-ish, thickly painted concrete-block brick, there was seen something like a mural-type scene of a Pop-Eye cartoon. I was never really much of a fan of Pop-Eye (even in my early, early youth) as it seemed a bit of a stretch, that spinach could result in sudden super-strength in muscles, etc., and here was a scene lit up along the upper half of a hallway, not unlike a scene that might be played in a soft-layer of hell.

Regardless, the dreamer sensed that "the chase" would be catching up shortly, yet had just enough time to jump into an elevator: "I'll head up and lose them, then make an escape from a ground-level exit," thought the dreamer, or something close to that.

There was a female voice as if in a cage below the elevator car, and a sense of that same female being in pursuit of the dreamer, saying something intimidating, close to: "you know we're only gonna catch you. Just stop and let's get back to work."

There was something like a split level floor coming up, sort of like a "2-B" and a "2", with the first floor having something to do with eggs and a conveyor belt, similar to a cafeteria belt line where empty trays are deposited as they go into the dish-washing area.

The dreamer had thought of exiting there, but thought it would make a good distraction for the pursuer, and was going further up to the primary "2" level, when there was a type of "hold" on the scene, as if the female from below had somehow reached up and grabbed the dreamer by the leg / foot.

There was at this point a nearly frozen moment, wherein the dreamer *could* have relapsed into fear, yet "fighting" the stasis seemed useless as well, as if there were no capability of motion whatsoever. People often refer to a form of this as "dream paralysis," but for me, in the dream, it was just a moment to have to process, as in like, "what to do next?"

Well, the *same* escape from the dream before waking came to me *again* this morning: "Resist not evil." And the MOMENT that was "heard," I awoke, end of dream, good morning! ☀️ ✞ 👍 😊 ✔

(Clarity: vivid! Yet still, overall, around 10-, 9+.)