"Seed me, Seymour" -- a random number generator meets the big green mother from outer space

interests / alt.dreams / 2023/07/31 Monday: Happy Birthday, Gina! (Lickety Splickity, Look Who's Sixity!)

SubjectAuthor
* 2023/07/30 Sunday: Dump Truck vs. Tesla / Dorm Room (w/AC) / SchoolRichard Silk
`- 2023/07/31 Monday: Happy Birthday, Gina! (Lickety Splickity, LookRichard Silk

1
2023/07/30 Sunday: Dump Truck vs. Tesla / Dorm Room (w/AC) / School Modem? / Two Trees / light romance?

<abea9586-00b0-4129-a2ad-4bd879a18c41n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1809&group=alt.dreams#1809

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 20:44:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/07/30 Sunday: Dump Truck vs. Tesla / Dorm Room (w/AC) / School
Modem? / Two Trees / light romance?
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Mon, 31 Jul 2023 03:44 UTC

Not in any specific order:

The dreamer was driving a vehicle similar to a Tesla (electric) and there appeared to be an actual dump truck acting as if it were competing in a one-on-one race. As it's now nearly 2 PM (as I'm typing this) and I've already been to Church as well as shopping (and lunch) there's a bit of evaporation, although I recall there was very little understanding of what was going on & why in the first place, other than the dreamer / driver of the Tesla knew that the *instant torque* of the Tesla was more than enough to catch & overcome the dump truck in a flash, so the dreamer allowed the dump truck something of a head start.

Curiously, the dream ended *before* a resolution presented itself, so I'm somewhat reminded of Aesop's fable regarding the Tortoise and the Hare. Clarity 8-ish.

There was a bit of activity involving something like a hallway (going basically north-south) with a *large* room (or possibly rooms) off to the left. The scene was largely white, as in white halls, white walls, and while the light was also white, it was of a normal, pleasant luminosity level.

There was some activity *as if* someone were wanting to leave the room / building, but the dreamer points out that there is some new AC (air conditioning) that's been added, so that at least *one* room as an air-conditioner (wall mounted / window mounted type) unit. As the dream ended at that point, there was no actual resolution as to whether the guy came back (or not) but the dreamer was a bit glad of the addition of the AC unit(s.) Clarity 8+/9-.

There was another scene involving a building *similar* to a school, *similar* in shape to the main floor at CHS / CMS (it has changed a bit over the years, from a high school, to a middle school, to a magnate school, etc.) on East Main Street in Murfreesboro TN. The view / activity had *something* to do with a device *similar* to a network router or modem, located at or near the center of the main wall, opposite the main (front) entrance.

Relative to the CH/MS in M'boro, the main doors face south, the main hallways runs east-west, and that coming in through those main doors and going up *to* that main wall would have the dreamer facing north, facing the "south side" of the east-west wall along the east-west corridor.

*Somewhere about* the *center point* of that wall, there was this electronic device that seemed to be serving as the communication hub of the building, similar to a "central Wi-Fi hot spot" or possibly similar to a central server for the infrastructure of the building, a "node." And while there's practically nothing remembered *about* this segment, other than the existence of the device and it's location, the clarity is around 8 to 8- (due to lack of any context.)

Two Trees (in a yard): While this dream *may* be *possibly* "out of sequence" with the rest of the dreams of the evening, still, I'd like to journal it here at this point, prior to going into the nearly-racy dream before waking:

The dreamer is in a rather large, front yard, similar to a country estate where there's a (north-south?) road with no formal curb, just that beside the road (eastward) is a large front yard, the "border" of which is defined by the road itself.

The dreamer is walking eastward, as if toward a house or manor of some type, and sees two rather large, fairly old trees off to the left. (I've seen a tree *in real life* with a *fairly* large trunk of around age 50 years, so the age of these trees was likely between 50 to 100 years, likely closer to the side of 50+.)

And although the dreamer was about to continue past them, I *think* the dreamer was having a thought regarding the need for some pruning / maintenance of some of the lower branches of those trees. As the dreamer was walking past them dreamer's attention was directed *back* towards the two trees (by the omniscient, narrative mind, perhaps?) so as to take a closer look at them:

They were both of *some* age. The one in better condition had a trunk of at least 2' diameter, possibly closer to 3', and had s *sense* of "Spanish Moss" about the leaves & branches. The main trunk / branches / limbs all seemed to be basically growing "upwards" in a manner that was clear of any observable need of "landscaping" or "tree sculpting." This is in regards to a "sense" I have within me everywhere I go: If I see a tree that has branches *descending* from a branch growing *upwards,* then *if that lower branch is in reach,* I'll cut or saw or prune it in some manner, that there's no "dangling branch(es)" that may hit someone in the face (of my height) if walking under the tree at night, in the dark. I sorta got this *thing about* getting poked in the eye at night by a low-hanging branch. My property back on Asbury Lane was *like a manicured park* it looked so good.

At any rate, the *other* tree was in *questionable* condition: it had two main trunks from out of the ground, yet upon closer inspection, one of the trunks appeared "gone" as if it had either rotted away or somehow simply been removed from beside the other trunk.

As to the remaining trunk, I *think* there was a lower branch descending from an upper branch, and I *think* the dreamer wrested the descending branch from the upward growing limb. I *think* the dreamer did that. It could be that such an image was simply in my memory and may have been "dropped into" the dream, sort of like a cut&paste of text into a pre-existing paragraph.

Either way, the dreamer had a kind of "mental note" to take another look at that tree at some point in the future, which is very much like how a landowner (or groundskeeper) might "bookmark" a plant for later review. Regardless, the dream ended then, and I've got a real hunch it was of a clarity 7, as in a type of symbolic dream regarding "family trees." Otherwise, it was like anywhere from an 8- to an 8+.

The "dream before waking" was a bit of an R-to-X- to G-rated dream. Basically, "all over the map" ratings-wise. Either way, I'll "clean up" some of the graphic X-section so as to make it more PG-13, such that an "aware adult" will understand what it's discussing:

The way I remember it (and this is now at 10:01 PM CDT, whereas I awoke somewhere around 9 AM this morning) the dreamer was as a male, and definitely experiencing "congress" with a somewhat younger female. And although this may be a bit difficult to put precisely into words, there is sometimes a "sense" of myself in the "prime older" years, of around 30-ish, but that's somehow "relative to" the age of anyone else in a dream scene.

The male dreamer was "oscillating" in conjunction with a female, possibly in her 20s. The narrative mind of the dreamer was a bit surprised to observe that this function was actually continuing for more than two cycles, as back in my younger years, even the *hint* of such a dream function would just about always wake me up. So the "daredevil" in me (rather, in the narrative mind of the dreamer) decided to give it a test and make a particularly dominant-type thrust with the female partner, and sure enough, *that portion* of the dream ended.

However, there was more to follow, which I felt upon waking was all part of the same dream sequence, so here's what happened next (rather, what I can remember of it.)

There was a scene *as if* in the school previously mentioned in the earlier dream, such as in Central Middle School (although it *could* have been a high school... at least it felt more like a high school environment.)

There was a commotion *as if* someone had deliberately stuffed a toilet bowl and flushed it, and there was a *load* of "dirty water" coming towards the point of the perspective of the narrative mind, who somehow took a female as if by the back of her collar and lifted her free of the approaching sludge / waste / bad stuff that was coming across the floor.

The dreamer and the female came to rest as if at a neutral location, whereupon the dreamer and the female were talking to each other, at which point the younger female (who looked a bit like JAT, if you've read my dream journal, that reference should be understood) was looking even younger, only *different*— a bit like the actress
Kirsten Zien from her role as Zola (as Kirsten Prout, imdb.com/name/nm0698977/?ref_=tt_cl_t_9) from S7.E6 "Cirque du Soul" from the TV show "Psyche" (which I was watching prior to writing this up, curiously enough!)

What happened *next* was *very* curious, and either happened in the order of "she said / he said" *OR* in the order of "he said / she said" but I *think* she said first, then he repeated, the words: "Yahweh, Yahweh" | "Yahweh, Yahweh" — then the two smooched, lips to lips, and the dream ended as I awoke. Clarity was all around 9-ish, but I've got a *hunch* it was more like "seeing one's past life of a span of roughly 8+ years duration all rolled up into perhaps a 4 to 6-second dream segment."

I find this all rather awkward, as I've been "psyching" myself up for tomorrow (literally midnight, following 11:59 PM tonight) which will be Gina's 60th Birthday. (https://drive.google.com/file/d/12OFDX_1pwtR80zvshSEsoqxVOi6TF146/view?usp=drive_link)
(Sandy, please do me a favor and let me know if you can view that link. Thanks!)

2023/07/31 Monday: Happy Birthday, Gina! (Lickety Splickity, Look Who's Sixity!)

<284ac7f7-3608-452f-9305-2315a871ef0cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1810&group=alt.dreams#1810

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 10:09:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/07/31 Monday: Happy Birthday, Gina! (Lickety Splickity, Look
Who's Sixity!)
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Mon, 31 Jul 2023 17:09 UTC

https://twitter.com/dicksilk/status/1686058488177344517

Also: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12OFDX_1pwtR80zvshSEsoqxVOi6TF146/view?usp=drive_link