Newsgroups: or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,soc.history.war.misc,alt.economics
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Dem_Carville_asks_‘How_can_any_sane_person_say
’ Biden’s age ‘not an issue?’
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 11:01:15 -0800
 by: a425couple - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 19:01 UTC

Dem Carville asks ‘How can any sane person say’ Biden’s age ‘not an issue?’
This seems to imply that Baxter is not sane.

from
https://www.foxnews.com/media/james-carville-confronts-msnbc-audience-bidens-age-what-sane-person-says-not-issue

James Carville confronts MSNBC audience about Biden's age: What 'sane
person' says it's 'not an issue?'
Carville stressed that him warning about Biden's age does not make him
into a 'bedwetter'
Gabriel Hays By Gabriel Hays Fox News
Published November 9, 2023 9:00pm EST

Dem strategist Carville asks MSNBC, ‘How can any sane person say’
Biden’s age ‘not an issue?’
Democratic Party strategist and frequent mainstream media guest James
Carville insisted that President Biden’s age is an issue in the upcoming
presidential election and called out the sanity of people denying that fact.

Democratic strategist James Carville insisted President Biden’s age is
an issue in the 2024 presidential election and called out the sanity of
people denying it.

During an appearance on MSNBC’s "The Beat with Ari Melber," Carville
acknowledged Biden’s strengths as a politician but doubled down on his
concerns about the president’s old age. He also dismissed his critics
that call him a "bed wetter" or "loser" for pointing out what he
believes are Biden's weaknesses.

MSNBC host Ari Melber asked if Biden’s resiliency as the Democratic
Party leader was strengthened due to the party’s strong performance in
Tuesday's elections in Kentucky, Virginia and Ohio.

"Has he quieted the doubters today, or is this about something more than
him?" Melber asked.

BLACK VOTERS UNHAPPY WITH BIDEN, DEMOCRATIC STRATEGISTS FEAR IT COULD
'THREATEN HIS RE-ELECTION': NY TIMES

Carville on MSNBC
Democratic strategist James Carville defended his himself over
expressing concern that President Biden's age is a liability for his
re-election. (screenshot/MSNBC)

"First of all, he’s a very dutiful, hard-working guy who stays focused.
He’s had a remarkable career," Carville responded. "I really — if you
talk to these campaigns, I don’t think he was a factor. They tried to
run against him, and it didn’t work. It was not what voters were
concerned about."

He added, "So do doubts remain about the president’s age? Yeah, I mean
this – how could any sane person say that this is not an issue?"

Carville admitted that if the party sticks with Biden "people will rally
behind it," but reiterated that he has weak points and dismissed the
insults he has received for voicing them.

AXELROD'S DIRE ASSESSMENT OF BIDEN RE-ELECTION CHANCES PROMPTS CNN'S
BLITZER TO ASK: 'SHOULD HE DROP OUT?'

President Joe Biden
President Biden's age continues to be a concern for Democratic Party
voters ahead of his re-election bid. (Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images)

"But to say this does not make me into a bedwetter or, ‘Whatever,
loser.’ I mean, I understand all that," Carville said.

Biden allies and campaign strategists have used the term "bedwetter" to
describe Democrats who they see as unnecessarily nervous over Biden’s
re-election prospects. Former Obama campaign manager Jim Messina made
headlines with the term in September, noting that worry over Biden is
part of the Democratic Party’s history of being "f------ bedwetters."

"Did someone call you a bedwetter, James?" to which the strategist
replied, "I think that yeah, they’ve called me a bedwetter on any number
of occasions," Melber asked.

"I’m not offended by it at all. I guess I’m five percent offended. If
you really think calling me a bedwetter is going to make me change my
mind, I don’t think you know who I am," he responded. "You can’t say
there’s not concerns on the part of voters and there’s concerns on the
part of Democrats."

Conversation264 Comments
65 Viewing
Discussions are moderated. For more details, click here.
Sort by

Best
ngdubz
1 day ago
If they push Biden for reelection, it’s just further proof that none of
these people have American’s best interests at heart. It’s all about
money, power, and control. These politicians are only there to make
themselves rich and pass bills to help the corporations who made
campaign donations.

MrLoveKill682
1 day ago
They're democrats. they haven't changed their ways since they lost the
civil war and civil rights movement.

LB1619
1 day ago
It's not his age that's an issue, it's his policies and character.
Grassley is a decade older, fit, competent, honest, and patriotic. And
then there's Kissinger, who at 100 could make a better president than
Biden at 60.

bgreen49440
1 day ago
Way to stand up James Carvel. Biden is not aging well and the
democrats are putting our country in a precarious position !! Some
people do not age well. Mr Grassley is aging very well however he is
not the president and has not stood under that pressure. Trump is not
far behind but he is agin...See more