The more things change, the more they stay insane.

interests / alt.dreams / Re: 2023/07/19 Wednesday: Dream Turkey??

SubjectAuthor
* 2023/07/16 Sunday: "Electric Clothing"???Richard Silk
`* 2023/07/19 Wednesday: Dream Turkey??Richard Silk
 `- 2023/07/19 Wednesday: Dream Turkey??Richard Silk

1
2023/07/16 Sunday: "Electric Clothing"???

<0995c019-1866-42b5-ade7-4768c0942b56n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1798&group=alt.dreams#1798

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2023 20:41:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/07/16 Sunday: "Electric Clothing"???
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Mon, 17 Jul 2023 03:41 UTC

I know, it's late (nearly 10:40 PM CDT) but it's been a busier than usual day. (Mom got up around 6:30 AM wanting to get ready to go to Church, which she normally attends on the 1st Sunday of any given month) yet expecting to go to the 9:30 Bible Study... just awkward.

At any rate, the dream I had before waking was mostly just a final moment / visual element transformed into a nearly (pre-) orgasmic experience:

The dreamer was as if being directed to wear a particular garment of clothing. Not so much as a "try this on and tell me what you think," but more of a "here, wear this" or "this is what you are to wear" type of feeling, although there *may* have been a touch of "what do you think about...?" involved.

And, for whatever this may be worth, the dreamer in this case had a peculiar perspective on the garment, regarding it more in terms of color/style/material, whereas I (as my typical, male self) would be more like: "shirt, cut off shorts, bare feet, mow the yard/yard work." (I *might* use a special work-jump-suit and steel toed shoes if doing significant tree cutting with a chain saw, but that's like for "special occasions." This was more like a "try this on / check this out" sort of feeling.) In other words, the dreamer had something of a feminine aspect or element (on the level of "obedient")— what the psychological world refers to as an "affect."

The garment appeared a bit like a pair of slacks. Me, personally? I wear either blue jeans (for winter wear) or a suit & tie (for Church, funerals, weddings) or jammy slacks (for all-day, in house, routine stuff) or shorts (for summer time, public stuff, like shopping, errands, etc.) But these slacks (in the dream) were like women's slacks— sort of a rayon/polyester, but with a look of wire mesh (like what the shielded, silvery mesh of what a coaxial cable looks like with the outer layer of insulation removed: https://twitter.com/dicksilk/status/1680776117479788544/photo/1 ) and *when the dreamer began to put them on,* it was as if there was a *pink* inner layer to the fabric.

However, what was felt *next* was pretty much indescribable from a male perspective, with the possible exception of what it *may* feel like if, say, one were feeling a near orgasmically-electrified, vaginal canal from the female's perspective.

To say this was a *unique* feeling would be like rendering *exceptionally poor justice* to a clichéd turn of phrase. If that was in *any* way the *tiniest taste* of God's Gift to Women, I'm jealous (I can understand why a woman *tends* to "get her man." There is *no* resistance to such a lure!)

2023/07/19 Wednesday: Dream Turkey??

<ddf8ad0e-d36d-4b34-a8e5-62577ccfc075n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1800&group=alt.dreams#1800

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 12:38:19 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2023/07/19 Wednesday: Dream Turkey??
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Wed, 19 Jul 2023 19:38 UTC

Dog Up a Tree - Dream Turkey / Chair at Barn Entrance (walk past neighbors' home) / Food Assortment

Last night, *before* going to bed, a *very long term* family drama was dealt with (or at least started processing, regarding "A(X)") akin to having "a can of worms opened up," which involved a "rural" side of the extended family. Also, there was the part of the early morning *before* the dog got me up, and also the next part of the morning *after* letting the dog back in, at which point I sacked out on the long couch for awhile before rising for the day, so while I'm uncertain as to which parts of which dreams took place when, there were a *few* on the couch!

"Dog Up a Tree" was where the dreamer became aware of being in a *somewhat* woodsy area, like where each tree is maybe 6'–10' apart from another (*possibly* pines, but seemed more like deciduous, possibly mixed) where the focus of the activity was drawn to the dreamer's dog (around 40–60 lbs, terrier-mix) with paws & claws digging into the bark, as if to chase a squirrel, and as you may be aware, *sometimes* a dog can *actually* climb a tree and get *stuck* in it! (as they barely have the ability to claw & climb their way up, but no ability to do anything in reverse, like some of the typically clever, fully-clawed cats can do.)

The dreamer's dog actually made it up around 4'–8' up the trunk, to the lower branch(es) where the critter being treed sorta "lost focus" at it was somewhere higher up the tree. (It had been at Clarity 9 down to 8) In fact, even the dog "lost focus" as the dreamer's attention was drawn towards a *large* (hefty) bird, swooping down at about a 30° angle (or less) to land atop phone pole, as it was a bit too high to be a fence post, maybe 15'–20'?

The dreamer took the time to examine the bird, seeking to know what type of bird it was, and the bird fluffed out its tail feathers, whereupon the dreamer immediately identified it as a turkey by its (somewhat light-colored) (fan) tail feathers, fanned out in an arc. I remember the dreamer thinking, "I thought turkeys had darker (browner) feathers" and the narrative mind replied with something akin to [It's a spiritual turkey (creature/animal/avatar) thus it has lighter colors.]

Regardless, the dreamer thought the critter "beautiful" and in writing this up, I can't help but remember it as having eyes facing forwards, *possibly* with bluish iris eye color. *I THINK* I may know who the turkey represents, that of a specific married couple, with the wife's eye color. Clarity 11-ish, as I think this may have been a 7-symbolic but with brilliant details, thus giving it that 11-ish (spiritual, possibly astral) rating.

"The Chair at Barn Entrance (walk past neighbors' home)" opens with the dreamer *as if waking up* from sleeping, sitting in a sturdy, stationary comfy chair, akin to a recliner chair but without the extending footrest and without the rocking ability and without *all* the thick padding, similar to furniture of the 1940s & '50s (*similar* to this one, but with much darker brown fabric, possibly leather-like: twitter.com/dicksilk/status/1681709349184389123/photo/1 )

As the dreamer arises from the chair, the dreamer notices the (typical, farm-style) barn, with the large, square entrance at the center, so that a tractor can simply drive right across the ground and into the middle of the barn. The dreamer took a moment to appreciate the construction (and "cultural beauty," if you will) of the barn, then turned to walk elsewhere. IF {facing the barn} had been {facing "north"} (just as a reference point) then the dreamer turned to the right, east, and the scene somewhat *skipped* forward, as if the dreamer had landed on the driveway (headed east as well) that opened onto the road running north-south in front of a home to the south of the driveway (and west of the road.)

The dreamer *felt* as if he'd woken up at "someone else's barn" (such as a neighbor's barn) and also felt as if he were walking down *someone else's driveway* to get to the road, whereupon the dreamer turned right (to the south) and began walking (southward) down the right side of the road (which is customary as the legal direction to walk along a road in America.)

The dreamer *also* took a look to the right (westward) towards the house, which appeared similar to a typical country home for the not-so-rich, possibly poor to just-scraping-to-get-by, as the house looked like it had "character" yet no fresh paint or carpentry / repair work. That is to say, it could *easily* have housed a number of field mice (voles) as well as humans, cats, dogs, etc. (But I admit to a type of fondness for the character of any rugged, rough-looking, country house-type structure.)

There was a couple, *as if* a youthful husband and wife (maybe in their early twenties?) on the front (east facing) porch area (like an extension of the floor beyond the outside of the house, over the ground, *possibly* covered by a porch roof / covering, but the view was as if twilight, and the couple were *not* lit in any way, like from a porch light) bustling *as if* they were possibly involved in moving furniture in some manner (although none was visible out on the porch, so they may have been having a discussion as if during a break. It *may* have been an argument, but nothing specific was heard to support that suggestion.)

The dreamer had some kind of thought as to how lucky there were to have a home in which to live and a roof over their heads, but I have no recollection of anything having been actually said *to* the couple, as the dreamer felt as if having just exited their property, it might be better to simply remain unobserved and keep walking. End of dream. The section of waking up and rising up out of a chair was *very* life-like, around clarity 10 / 9++, while the walk down the driveway (following the *skipped* distance) was like a 9, and the walk along the road outside their house was like a 9- - due to the twilight / dusk time setting (of approaching night / darkness.)

"Food Assortment" was the dream before waking, and was characterized by the view of around a half-dozen biscuit-type items, such as "Jimmy Dean's Sausage, Egg and Cheese" breakfast biscuits. They were somewhat scattered as if heaped upon a table, with their clear, cellophane bags opened, yet not discarded (the biscuits were still in their bags, even though the bags were ripped open.)

There *may* have been other food items, however, as the dreamer was contemplating possibly taking a biscuit, the dream ended (clarity 10?) and I awoke, curiously led to go fix one of those biscuits for breakfast :-)

Re: 2023/07/19 Wednesday: Dream Turkey??

<2822336e-951a-4253-9093-43672ff45effn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1801&group=alt.dreams#1801

Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 22:56:13 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: 2023/07/19 Wednesday: Dream Turkey??
From: dicks...@gmail.com (Richard Silk)
 by: Richard Silk - Thu, 20 Jul 2023 05:56 UTC

On Wednesday, July 19, 2023 at 2:38:21 PM UTC-5, Richard Silk wrote:
> Dog Up a Tree - Dream Turkey / Chair at Barn Entrance (walk past neighbors' home) / Food Assortment
<snip>
PS: I also had a curious dream wherein the dreamer watched a young couple on their first dance in wedlock as man and wife.
I recognized the female as the individual associated with the "A(X)" drama mentioned in the previous post. Clarity 10-ish.