Newsgroups: soc.history.war.misc
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: (here only) a Quora - one way to fight terrorists
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2023 13:38:54 -0800
 by: a425couple - Mon, 6 Nov 2023 21:38 UTC

Tomaž Vargazon
·
Follow
Practicing atheist Nov 1

Hamas uses civilians as meat shields. So how's Israel supposed to fight
back without causing civilian casualties, or should Israel just do
nothing after Hamas fires thousands of rockets targeting Israeli civilians?
No. There is one truly nasty thing Israel could do and given their
current predicament, it should seriously consider the option.

There is a story from back in the day, I’m not sure if it's true or not,
but here goes. At one point in I think 1960s (1982, according to a
comment) a brilliant Islamic jihadi group decided to kidnap the Soviet
ambassador and his family as hostages, to extract some concessions from
the Soviet Union.

The Soviets didn't negotiate or made a big diplomatic fuss about it.
They simply found out eho the captors were, kidnapped their families and
started mailing random body pieces to the kidnappers. The hostsges eere
freed immediately and Soviet officials were safe from Arab Jihadis every
since.

It may be an urban legend, I don't know, but the approach is sound.
Israel should go after leaders of Hamas and not just after them, but
target their immediate families. It's one thing to see your people
suffer and die for your actions, while you sip cocktails in a five star
hotel a thousand kilometres away.

It's something different to see the hands, eyes and genitals of your
firstborn son in a box, next to a videotape of the operation. They
didn't use anasthetics either.

Brual and barbaric yes. But also proportional and something that hasn't
been tried before. Maybe it would work, I don't know. I don't advocate
for it, but assasinations of top Hamas leaders who reside outside of
Gaza should be a top priority.

16.7K views
View 405 upvotes
View 2 shares
1 of 20 answers
Profile photo for Lee Fjellanger

Profile photo for Jan Krusat
Jan Krusat
· Nov 1
Actually the Soviets managed to capture one or several of the kidnappers
and their bodies were found at some roadside, minus their genitals,
which apparently had been removed, while the owner was fully conscious.

the soviet hostages were released within a short time.

I wonder why the HAMAS leadership in the luxury hotels in Qatar is still
alive.

Profile photo for Tomaž Vargazon
Profile photo for Tomaž Vargazon
Tomaž Vargazon
· Nov 1
Because they have extensive security by Qatar and likely Iran.

Saudis screwed up with their invasion back in the day.

Profile photo for Earl O'Neill
Earl O'Neill
· Nov 1
Lebanon, 1982 I believe.