Hard reality has a way of cramping your style. -- Daniel Dennett

interests / alt.life.sucks / Ollie's Final Tour

SubjectAuthor
* Ollie's Final TourThomas Joseph
`* Ollie's Final TourJudith Latham
 +- Ollie's Final TourOllieNorthie@aol.com
 `* Ollie's Final TourThomas Joseph
  `* Ollie's Final TourOllieNorthie@aol.com
   `* Ollie's Final TourThomas Joseph
    +- Ollie's Final TourOllieNorthie@aol.com
    `* Ollie's Final TourJudith Latham
     `* Ollie's Final TourOllieNorthie@aol.com
      `* Ollie's Final TourThomas Joseph
       `* Ollie's Final TourOllieNorthie@aol.com
        `* Ollie's Final TourThomas Joseph
         `* Ollie's Final TourJudith Latham
          +- Ollie's Final TourOllieNorthie@aol.com
          `- Ollie's Final TourThomas Joseph

1
Ollie's Final Tour

<2bc8e27d-bc9f-4358-b43c-54cf0d65430an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1781&group=alt.life.sucks#1781

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 12:12:04 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Ollie's Final Tour
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 19:12 UTC

He's tooling around the country. Is he enjoying it? I hope so. Vacations can be a chore and everyone knows it. I am afraid for Ollie. I worry about him. From the very start when he first announced his trip I wondered, "Why Mt. Rushmore?" What's the big deal with that? Then it hit me, it's the name - Rushmore. It's got "rush" in it. Could it be that subconsciously Ollie feels rushed and is therefore unable to truly enjoy his travels? We'll never know unless it's true and he admits it. Let's face it, it could be true and he never owns up to it, like people who shell out big bucks for extravagant meals and Broadway shows and never have anything negative to say about them because if they complain they're liable to hear in return, "What, you mean you paid for that shit?" So it's possible Ollie is hating every minute of his trip but will never reveal that truth to us. At the same time I am on his side and am well aware that a truly creative person can take even the most horrible experience and enjoy it in some way. Bitching about not liking something can be a joy, especially if you're with someone who feels the same way. Conditions have to be just right. So when I say I hope Ollie is disappointed with Mr. Rushmore I am not saying I hope he doesn't enjoy the visit, only that I hope he is able to take not liking the experience and turn that in itself into a joy to remember all the days of his life.

Re: Ollie's Final Tour

<L4PFI.64516$Lr1.16104@fx08.ams1>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1783&group=alt.life.sucks#1783

Subject: Re: Ollie's Final Tour
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
From: jud...@sick-of-spam.invalid (Judith Latham)
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 23:08:25 -0400
 by: Judith Latham - Fri, 9 Jul 2021 03:08 UTC

On 7/8/2021 3:12 PM, Thomas Joseph wrote:
> He's tooling around the country. Is he enjoying it? I hope so. Vacations can be a chore and everyone knows it. I am afraid for Ollie. I worry about him. From the very start when he first announced his trip I wondered, "Why Mt. Rushmore?" What's the big deal with that? Then it hit me, it's the name - Rushmore. It's got "rush" in it. Could it be that subconsciously Ollie feels rushed and is therefore unable to truly enjoy his travels? We'll never know unless it's true and he admits it. Let's face it, it could be true and he never owns up to it, like people who shell out big bucks for extravagant meals and Broadway shows and never have anything negative to say about them because if they complain they're liable to hear in return, "What, you mean you paid for that shit?" So it's possible Ollie is hating every minute of his trip but will never reveal that truth to us. At the same time I am on his side and am well aware that a truly creative person can take even the most horrible experience and enjoy it in some way. Bitching about not liking something can be a joy, especially if you're with someone who feels the same way. Conditions have to be just right. So when I say I hope Ollie is disappointed with Mr. Rushmore I am not saying I hope he doesn't enjoy the visit, only that I hope he is able to take not liking the experience and turn that in itself into a joy to remember all the days of his life.

You know Ollie much better than I do, but I had the impression he was
enjoying his trip. He seemed quite excited at the prospect of Kamala
Harris's image being added to Mt. Rushmore. It's hard to deflate
enthusiasm like that.

Re: Ollie's Final Tour

<a5137783-18c3-4238-b34c-be8449882c80n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1786&group=alt.life.sucks#1786

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 12:00:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Fri, 9 Jul 2021 19:00 UTC

On Thursday, July 8, 2021 at 11:08:30 PM UTC-4, Judith Latham wrote:
> On 7/8/2021 3:12 PM, Thomas Joseph wrote:
> > He's tooling around the country. Is he enjoying it? I hope so. Vacations can be a chore and everyone knows it. I am afraid for Ollie. I worry about him. From the very start when he first announced his trip I wondered, "Why Mt. Rushmore?" What's the big deal with that? Then it hit me, it's the name - Rushmore. It's got "rush" in it. Could it be that subconsciously Ollie feels rushed and is therefore unable to truly enjoy his travels? We'll never know unless it's true and he admits it. Let's face it, it could be true and he never owns up to it, like people who shell out big bucks for extravagant meals and Broadway shows and never have anything negative to say about them because if they complain they're liable to hear in return, "What, you mean you paid for that shit?" So it's possible Ollie is hating every minute of his trip but will never reveal that truth to us. At the same time I am on his side and am well aware that a truly creative person can take even the most horrible experience and enjoy it in some way. Bitching about not liking something can be a joy, especially if you're with someone who feels the same way. Conditions have to be just right. So when I say I hope Ollie is disappointed with Mr. Rushmore I am not saying I hope he doesn't enjoy the visit, only that I hope he is able to take not liking the experience and turn that in itself into a joy to remember all the days of his life.
> >
> You know Ollie much better than I do, but I had the impression he was
> enjoying his trip. He seemed quite excited at the prospect of Kamala
> Harris's image being added to Mt. Rushmore. It's hard to deflate
> enthusiasm like that.

My woman said she expected Mt Rushmore to be bigger. Well that is a common them with women. I thought it could be bigger too but it was satisfying for me.

Re: Ollie's Final Tour

<6c91fc94-0c4d-4fb2-93d5-6bd0cedd9622n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1796&group=alt.life.sucks#1796

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 15:24:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Fri, 9 Jul 2021 22:24 UTC

You know Ollie much better than I do, but I had the impression he was
enjoying his trip. He seemed quite excited at the prospect of Kamala
Harris's image being added to Mt. Rushmore. It's hard to deflate
enthusiasm like that.

Oh there's going to be some deflation all right.  If Harris' image ever makes it to Mt. Rushmore Ollie's got 200 pounds of dynamite ready to blow that mountain apart.  I'm in with him all the way.  We don't care who knows it because we are not alone.  We are a united group. When one goes down another steps up to take his place, such is the brotherhood of the "Save Mt. Rushmore" movement.  How much did you say you weigh?  500 pounds?  We could fit a lot of dynamite into a body your size, so unless you don't want to be turned into a human rocket I would advise you to keep your mouth shut about this.

Re: Ollie's Final Tour

<0971fbf4-8197-44ed-b984-ca32ee1b644fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1828&group=alt.life.sucks#1828

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 21:10:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Sun, 11 Jul 2021 04:10 UTC

On Friday, July 9, 2021 at 6:24:04 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> You know Ollie much better than I do, but I had the impression he was
> enjoying his trip. He seemed quite excited at the prospect of Kamala
> Harris's image being added to Mt. Rushmore. It's hard to deflate
> enthusiasm like that.
> Oh there's going to be some deflation all right. If Harris' image ever makes it to Mt. Rushmore Ollie's got 200 pounds of dynamite ready to blow that mountain apart. I'm in with him all the way. We don't care who knows it because we are not alone. We are a united group. When one goes down another steps up to take his place, such is the brotherhood of the "Save Mt. Rushmore" movement. How much did you say you weigh? 500 pounds? We could fit a lot of dynamite into a body your size, so unless you don't want to be turned into a human rocket I would advise you to keep your mouth shut about this.

Originally the Mt Rushmore was to be of the Marx brothers until the Governor of South Dakota learn they were Jews.

Re: Ollie's Final Tour

<ccbd6b77-0649-4945-8ae1-c8390cfdf743n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1890&group=alt.life.sucks#1890

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 13:53:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 20:53 UTC

> Originally the Mt Rushmore was to be of the Marx brothers until the Governor of South Dakota learn they were Jews.

Isn't Mt. Rushmore in the Black Hills of the Dakota badlands or whatever? This makes it a perfect spot for the first king-sized famous Black person monument of all time. Not just one either. MLK would be the centerpiece of course, he earned it. But alongside the Right Honorable Reverend Doctor would be George Floyd and Rodney King with Spike Lee and Ray Charles and Jimmy JJ Walker vying for the 4th spot.

Re: Ollie's Final Tour

<c01bf999-d554-4eec-a4ea-1afea2c20ceen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1905&group=alt.life.sucks#1905

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 20:58:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 03:58 UTC

On Monday, July 12, 2021 at 4:53:29 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Originally the Mt Rushmore was to be of the Marx brothers until the Governor of South Dakota learn they were Jews.
> Isn't Mt. Rushmore in the Black Hills of the Dakota badlands or whatever? This makes it a perfect spot for the first king-sized famous Black person monument of all time. Not just one either. MLK would be the centerpiece of course, he earned it. But alongside the Right Honorable Reverend Doctor would be George Floyd and Rodney King with Spike Lee and Ray Charles and Jimmy JJ Walker vying for the 4th spot.

In the black hills of South Dakota. I support a all black Mt Rushmore. Call it Mo Rush.

Re: Ollie's Final Tour

<gXgHI.636857$J67.435172@fx05.ams1>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1920&group=alt.life.sucks#1920

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
From: jud...@sick-of-spam.invalid (Judith Latham)
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 09:55:22 -0400
 by: Judith Latham - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 13:55 UTC

On 7/12/2021 4:53 PM, Thomas Joseph wrote:

>> Originally the Mt Rushmore was to be of the Marx brothers until the Governor of South Dakota learn they were Jews.
>
> Isn't Mt. Rushmore in the Black Hills of the Dakota badlands or whatever? This makes it a perfect spot for the first king-sized famous Black person monument of all time. Not just one either. MLK would be the centerpiece of course, he earned it. But alongside the Right Honorable Reverend Doctor would be George Floyd and Rodney King with Spike Lee and Ray Charles and Jimmy JJ Walker vying for the 4th spot.

Any monument honoring American Negroes must include Lincoln Theodore
Monroe Andrew Perry, better known by the stage name Stepin Fetchit. I
remember as a child who was living in an insular Orthodox world,
learning that there Black men in society. Stepin Fetchit was the role
model I used for those men. For that I think many Americans would agree
he has a place on the mountain.

Re: Ollie's Final Tour

<122b7690-c29d-4422-a82d-59866439388dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1925&group=alt.life.sucks#1925

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 10:01:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 17:01 UTC

On Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 9:55:26 AM UTC-4, Judith Latham wrote:
> On 7/12/2021 4:53 PM, Thomas Joseph wrote:
> >
> >> Originally the Mt Rushmore was to be of the Marx brothers until the Governor of South Dakota learn they were Jews.
> >
> > Isn't Mt. Rushmore in the Black Hills of the Dakota badlands or whatever? This makes it a perfect spot for the first king-sized famous Black person monument of all time. Not just one either. MLK would be the centerpiece of course, he earned it. But alongside the Right Honorable Reverend Doctor would be George Floyd and Rodney King with Spike Lee and Ray Charles and Jimmy JJ Walker vying for the 4th spot.
> >
> Any monument honoring American Negroes must include Lincoln Theodore
> Monroe Andrew Perry, better known by the stage name Stepin Fetchit. I
> remember as a child who was living in an insular Orthodox world,
> learning that there Black men in society. Stepin Fetchit was the role
> model I used for those men. For that I think many Americans would agree
> he has a place on the mountain.

I am a Man Tan man myself.

Re: Ollie's Final Tour

<edf533e3-cad8-475c-b88d-8c22d729f7fan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1943&group=alt.life.sucks#1943

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 13:35:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 20:35 UTC

> > Any monument honoring American Negroes must include Lincoln Theodore
> > Monroe Andrew Perry, better known by the stage name Stepin Fetchit. I
> > remember as a child who was living in an insular Orthodox world,
> > learning that there Black men in society. Stepin Fetchit was the role
> > model I used for those men. For that I think many Americans would agree
> > he has a place on the mountain.

> I am a Man Tan man myself.

Could get the google over the limit message at any time so am responding to two posts at once when applicable.

Yes Judith, here we go again with Jews assuming everything they do in life is unique only to Jews. I was not introduced to the American Negro till I was 10 years old when I got out of the orphanage and was moved to Yonkers NY to live in a project with my handicapped mother. But I hung out with some, got along better in school with them than I did most whites. Yet I knew we were somehow destined to go in opposite directions. Later I encountered even more Negroes at the reform school. Plenty of 'Ricans too. But I am white. I was in the mix for a while but had an escape valve at my disposal. I had options. I hate when Negroes put down earlier versions of themselves as if they themselves would have turned down the roles if they came their way. And then when one makes it, maybe on the basis of one movie that went over despite his presence in the film, suddenly he becomes the guy who broke down the door making it possible for others to walk though - a true pioneer, gutty, brave, valiant, never say die, like Sidney Potier. I saw a documentary on him that was really heavy handed. It showed Sidney in different scenes from different movies, then shots of local movie theaters in the deep south with the camera now taking us to confrontations between Whites and Blacks and cops and Blacks, all the while the narrator talking about Potier as if he were actually there in the middle of the melee. I am sick of all groups of people. That includes the Jews of course. I belong to no group. I am the founder and leader and chief CEO of the NO GROUP ORGANIZATION.

Re: Ollie's Final Tour

<36f21180-23ec-41e3-9b7a-7a045391598an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1955&group=alt.life.sucks#1955

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 08:23:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 15:23 UTC

On Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 4:35:41 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > Any monument honoring American Negroes must include Lincoln Theodore
> > > Monroe Andrew Perry, better known by the stage name Stepin Fetchit. I
> > > remember as a child who was living in an insular Orthodox world,
> > > learning that there Black men in society. Stepin Fetchit was the role
> > > model I used for those men. For that I think many Americans would agree
> > > he has a place on the mountain.
>

> > I am a Man Tan man myself.
> Could get the google over the limit message at any time so am responding to two posts at once when applicable.
>
> Yes Judith, here we go again with Jews assuming everything they do in life is unique only to Jews. I was not introduced to the American Negro till I was 10 years old when I got out of the orphanage and was moved to Yonkers NY to live in a project with my handicapped mother. But I hung out with some, got along better in school with them than I did most whites. Yet I knew we were somehow destined to go in opposite directions. Later I encountered even more Negroes at the reform school. Plenty of 'Ricans too. But I am white. I was in the mix for a while but had an escape valve at my disposal. I had options. I hate when Negroes put down earlier versions of themselves as if they themselves would have turned down the roles if they came their way.. And then when one makes it, maybe on the basis of one movie that went over despite his presence in the film, suddenly he becomes the guy who broke down the door making it possible for others to walk though - a true pioneer, gutty, brave, valiant, never say die, like Sidney Potier. I saw a documentary on him that was really heavy handed. It showed Sidney in different scenes from different movies, then shots of local movie theaters in the deep south with the camera now taking us to confrontations between Whites and Blacks and cops and Blacks, all the while the narrator talking about Potier as if he were actually there in the middle of the melee. I am sick of all groups of people. That includes the Jews of course. I belong to no group. I am the founder and leader and chief CEO of the NO GROUP ORGANIZATION.

Poiter was a polite negro. Bellafonte looked white except for his actual color. Todays Negro actors are lucky. They can now be mean looking 100% ghetto negro and get the white girl. Of course that is in porn.

Re: Ollie's Final Tour

<dc503a00-b070-4b00-a3f2-5c4016c77806n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1980&group=alt.life.sucks#1980

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 14:17:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 21:17 UTC

> Poiter was a polite negro. Bellafonte looked white except for his actual color. Todays Negro actors are lucky. They can now be mean looking 100% ghetto negro and get the white girl. Of course that is in porn.

Very few of today's Negro actors look Negro enough to suit me. Potier seems polite to those that don't know him. Remember, I was there. I lived in the Big Town a lot of years. I hung with these guys. I had their confidence. I saw them at their best. I saw them at their worst. Potier was a spoiled brat. His public image was the complete opposite of what he was in real life. I think Potier came from the Bahamas, some island country. Belafonte came from Jamaica. I am sure Blacks at the time rooted for these clowns strictly because they were Black, at the same time not completely satisfied with their level of genuine Blackness. Over time stage trained over actors like Potier and James Earl Jones were pushed aside to make room for more Negro-worthy actors. Guys like Spike Lee and Billy Dee Williams. Spike is the one who made the biggest difference. He set the bar high.

You should see all the news game shows on network TV now. Mostly all garbage and almost all hosted by Blacks with mostly black celebrity guests. People I never heard of. Some I'll bet even people who are up on this shit haven't heard of. Once nepotism takes full hold of Blacks in the biz we will see more school bred Negro actors emerging who will look less Black than ever. If they get a really good black part they will have to go to the ghetto for two weeks to study up on the role. Real Black guys will be hired from the ghetto to train and guide the stars as they set out to get into character for their roles. Without Spike Lee none of this would have been possible. Today's movies are great because of him.

He did the right thing

Re: Ollie's Final Tour

<e1MHI.191376$ea3.89760@fx10.ams1>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1983&group=alt.life.sucks#1983

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
From: jud...@sick-of-spam.invalid (Judith Latham)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 21:17:59 -0400
 by: Judith Latham - Thu, 15 Jul 2021 01:17 UTC

On 7/14/2021 5:17 PM, Thomas Joseph wrote:

>> Poiter was a polite negro. Bellafonte looked white except for his actual color. Todays Negro actors are lucky. They can now be mean looking 100% ghetto negro and get the white girl. Of course that is in porn.
>

> Very few of today's Negro actors look Negro enough to suit me. Potier seems polite to those that don't know him. Remember, I was there. I lived in the Big Town a lot of years. I hung with these guys. I had their confidence. I saw them at their best. I saw them at their worst. Potier was a spoiled brat. His public image was the complete opposite of what he was in real life. I think Potier came from the Bahamas, some island country. Belafonte came from Jamaica. I am sure Blacks at the time rooted for these clowns strictly because they were Black, at the same time not completely satisfied with their level of genuine Blackness. Over time stage trained over actors like Potier and James Earl Jones were pushed aside to make room for more Negro-worthy actors. Guys like Spike Lee and Billy Dee Williams. Spike is the one who made the biggest difference. He set the bar high.
>
> You should see all the news game shows on network TV now. Mostly all garbage and almost all hosted by Blacks with mostly black celebrity guests. People I never heard of. Some I'll bet even people who are up on this shit haven't heard of. Once nepotism takes full hold of Blacks in the biz we will see more school bred Negro actors emerging who will look less Black than ever. If they get a really good black part they will have to go to the ghetto for two weeks to study up on the role. Real Black guys will be hired from the ghetto to train and guide the stars as they set out to get into character for their roles. Without Spike Lee none of this would have been possible. Today's movies are great because of him.
>
> He did the right thing

You are neglecting perhaps the most popular black showman of his time,
Al Jolson. His shows were unparalleled entertainment. He also happened
to be Jewish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tuu5YtkPIo

Re: Ollie's Final Tour

<6c107aef-849a-4069-a6b1-6a86f2b54e35n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1984&group=alt.life.sucks#1984

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 02:19:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Thu, 15 Jul 2021 09:19 UTC

On Wednesday, July 14, 2021 at 9:18:03 PM UTC-4, Judith Latham wrote:
> On 7/14/2021 5:17 PM, Thomas Joseph wrote:
> >
> >> Poiter was a polite negro. Bellafonte looked white except for his actual color. Todays Negro actors are lucky. They can now be mean looking 100% ghetto negro and get the white girl. Of course that is in porn.
> >

> > Very few of today's Negro actors look Negro enough to suit me. Potier seems polite to those that don't know him. Remember, I was there. I lived in the Big Town a lot of years. I hung with these guys. I had their confidence. I saw them at their best. I saw them at their worst. Potier was a spoiled brat. His public image was the complete opposite of what he was in real life. I think Potier came from the Bahamas, some island country. Belafonte came from Jamaica. I am sure Blacks at the time rooted for these clowns strictly because they were Black, at the same time not completely satisfied with their level of genuine Blackness. Over time stage trained over actors like Potier and James Earl Jones were pushed aside to make room for more Negro-worthy actors. Guys like Spike Lee and Billy Dee Williams. Spike is the one who made the biggest difference. He set the bar high.
> >
> > You should see all the news game shows on network TV now. Mostly all garbage and almost all hosted by Blacks with mostly black celebrity guests. People I never heard of. Some I'll bet even people who are up on this shit haven't heard of. Once nepotism takes full hold of Blacks in the biz we will see more school bred Negro actors emerging who will look less Black than ever. If they get a really good black part they will have to go to the ghetto for two weeks to study up on the role. Real Black guys will be hired from the ghetto to train and guide the stars as they set out to get into character for their roles. Without Spike Lee none of this would have been possible. Today's movies are great because of him.
> >
> > He did the right thing
> >
> You are neglecting perhaps the most popular black showman of his time,
> Al Jolson. His shows were unparalleled entertainment. He also happened
> to be Jewish.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tuu5YtkPIo

Sammy Davis Jr was the best Black Jew. Sammy Davis Sr was all Jew.

Re: Ollie's Final Tour

<749cce05-c5b4-45fe-8802-7fbb8b9b4df8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1998&group=alt.life.sucks#1998

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 12:49:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Thu, 15 Jul 2021 19:49 UTC

I liked Jolson when he sang standards. He wore a black face in stage. Wow, how far behind the times. Most people today see themselves as modern and hip but will be seen as stupid and behind the times by tomorrow' equally stupid and behind the times generation. I admit I did not click on the link.. Maybe tomorrow. I know that Jolson and even Steven Foster, a good song writer, are seen as square and unacceptable. It's funny how people born in "advanced times" think they had something to do with making it that way. There are many opposed to slavery today who cannot honestly say they wouldn't have owned a few if born at a different time with enough money to make it happened. These assholes refuse to remember that today is yesterday's baby.

Leave the past alone
Or I'll gutter punch
Your advanced skull sack
Deep into the wailing future

interests / alt.life.sucks / Ollie's Final Tour